Page 6 of 91 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Better pre-order it! I can't count on getting any copy of anything, even a main cover, and even if I come in on Wednesday, but especially if it's a variant. Retailers these days increasingly try to sell out and avoid back inventory, which they have trouble selling. Not too many people show up asking for issues from a few weeks earlier.

The retailers may not order many, if any, Robin variants. They might have been burned getting stuck with extra copies of Detective #1000 and Action #1000, and cut back on the variants of Wonder Woman #750. Now we have Robin, then will have Joker and Catwoman spectaculars with "decades" variant covers, and DC seems to be pushing something that is going to exhaust the buying public's resources.

Most shops don't require payment in advance, and offer discounts, for pre-ordering. But it's not cool to pre-order something and then not show up to buy it!

It will be interesting to see how many Steph variants sell, but we'll never know - sales stats don't break out the variants unless they cost a different price than the main cover. And even then, don't distinguish between them. On the one hand, it's a striking cover. On the other hand, Robin fans may understandably gravitate to one of the more traditional Robins! And most casual fans don't pay close attention to solicitations and may be unaware of all of the different variants.
    Well, I will continue to champion this gorgeous cover for our girl everywhere, and buy it and proudly post about it!!!!

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, I will continue to champion this gorgeous cover for our girl everywhere, and buy it and proudly post about it!!!!

Absolutely stunning .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Absolutely stunning .
    I know, right? I just love how bright it is - I think a Robin should be a grin in the dark, leading you to safety, and this really captures that.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Is only the LAST PAGE but... Watch this:

young justice 13.jpg

YOUNG JUSTICE 13

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

young justice 13.jpg

YOUNG JUSTICE 13
    Yeah! It's our girl! Very, very excited for next month!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

young justice 13.jpg

YOUNG JUSTICE 13
    Yay for full face mask .

The REAL YJ? So they've been around a while, and Steph didn't tell Tim?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The REAL YJ? So they've been around a while, and Steph didn't tell Tim?
    We shall have to find out!

Incredible Member

Last we heard, Steph was asking Tim for help... so we'll see how this plays out.

And, boo for the full face mask . But I sympathize with anyone who says yay for the full face mask. We can be bipartisan here.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Last we heard, Steph was asking Tim for help... so we'll see how this plays out.

And, boo for the full face mask . But I sympathize with anyone who says yay for the full face mask. We can be bipartisan here.
    I am anti-full face mask, but I appreciate Frontier's passion for the classics.

Someone just commented on the Steph wiki with a great question:

"If they ever decide to release a trade dedicated to specifically Stephanie Brown stories generally not in other Trades, her introduction 3 parter and the Secret Origins 80 Page Giant short story should be the key material to include."

This got me thinking - with collections like Batman: Alfred Pennyworth and Batman: The Bat and the Cat, which generally collect about 12-13 issues worth of material, what would we want to include? Would we want to stay away from things that are collected in other trades (like her Robin run, collected in War Games, her Batgirl run, Batman Eternal, Detective by Tynion), or just try to pick the best issues that mostly stand alone? Would you want to include all three of her origin issues?

Here is a brief list I came up with, but there are so many factors to consider!

Secret Origins giant short
    Tec 647
    Tec 648
    Tec 649
    Showcase 95 #5 short
    One Robin issue - maybe the Solo short?
    Steph returns
    a Batgirl issue?
    Batman Eternal #24
    Batgirl Annual #3 short?
    Tec 957
    Tec 980

I preferred the half mask myself (heck, I preferred Batgirl myself), but I'll take all the Stephanie I can get at this point XP

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaWoods007 View Post
    I preferred the half mask myself (heck, I preferred Batgirl myself), but I'll take all the Stephanie I can get at this point XP
    I prefer Steph's Batgirl or her Robin masks to her full face mask, but as you say: take the Steph we get, and love her. She deserves it, no matter what mask she's wearing! (Covering her beautiful features with )

The Steph cover is beautiful for the Robin special, but I'm alrady getting the Tim cover and the group shot, so that's a lot of coin for one book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    The Steph cover is beautiful for the Robin special, but I'm alrady getting the Tim cover and the group shot, so that's a lot of coin for one book.
    I feel ya. Steph is my girl, so I'm buying just those two...but if she were in more, I'd probably shell out. Everyone gotta buy what they love best! I'm also buying the Deluxe to get all the covers at once.