Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1364
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I have this idea for League of Batgirls that the Future;s End suits are stealth suits with the different colored batsymbols being for identification. I even color coded the non-League Batgirls

Babs- gray
    Bette- red
    Cass- yellow
    Steph- purple (duh)
    Nissa- green
    Tiffany- pink
    Nell- black
    -BONUS
    Helena- white
    Charlie- blue
    Seems comprehensive. (I think you need some color in more places than the bat, to distinguish the Batgirls from all angles.)

OK, I have discovered I've been accidentally spreading disinformation, and have to make some corrections:

1) Bete Noire actually DOES wear a cape throughout the comic.

2) Tiffany wears a backpack, and also has a cape on the final page when she swoops in to catch the detonator. I think most of the cape must be tucked into that backpack for the entire story, because there's always some fabric around her neck.

These are very elaborate costumes so one can spend all day analyzing them . Like, what's the deal with the bracelet of beads Tiffany wears over her left gauntlet?

Seems to me Garron must have put so much time into keeping these suits unique and consistent that he just couldn't give things like the wedding scene the same amount of attention.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    If they do a League of Batgirls thing then I vote for only the current Batgirl using Batgirl. Bette can use Flamebird, Cass could use Black Bat, Orphan, Kasumi, or something else assuming she isn't Batgirl. Steph has Spoiler to fall back on. Tiffany could be Flying Fox. Not sure about Nissa. Nell could be Bright Bat
    I like Kasumi for Cass. It means 'misty'...I think that would be a great visual...and a good theme.

It's a name she's used before, in Justice League Elite.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's a name she's used before, in Justice League Elite.
    YUP! I also like Silhouette for Cass
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Marvel probably has that one trademarked, it's the name of one of the New Warriors.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DCeased Hope at worlds end #11

spoilers:
    Stephanie actually didn’t die this issue surprisingly enough, she actually gets her biggest role yet throughout this issue with assisting Damian and saving him and Talia. The worst that happened was honestly that Jimmy Olsen got a scar in his eye.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    DCeased Hope at worlds end #11

spoilers:
    Stephanie actually didn’t die this issue surprisingly enough, she actually gets her biggest role yet throughout this issue with assisting Damian and saving him and Talia. The worst that happened was honestly that Jimmy Olsen got a scar in his eye.
    end of spoilers
    Does she get a feat here? It sounds like it!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Does she get a feat here? It sounds like it!
    spoilers:
    She is ultimately fighting alongside Damian and Talia, the best I can say a feat is that she notices the newly anti-life atom smasher about to squish them so she jumps them out of the way....of course Cassie and Jon actually catch the punch. But Steph gets a compliment from Talia if that says anything.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Glad steph aint dead yet
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    The other time Clay drew Steph was for her interview in Heroes in Crisis. Everyone forgets.
    Well played, sir.

What's interesting is that Rich Johnston made a collage of the Robin interviews and included the Spoiler panel with the collage. Stephanie just meant people forget about Spoiler - she didn't and still doesn't remember her time as Robin, though she saw it displayed to her. So she has no reason to be upset that others forget. I guess Johnston is suggesting that Tom King is being meta here. But King didn't put Spoiler on a page with the Robins, so maybe Johnston is reading too much into it. Or maybe he's spot on.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/robi...sis-9-spoiler/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Well played, sir.

What's interesting is that Rich Johnston made a collage of the Robin interviews and included the Spoiler panel with the collage. Stephanie just meant people forget about Spoiler - she didn't and still doesn't remember her time as Robin, though she saw it displayed to her. So she has no reason to be upset that others forget. I guess Johnston is suggesting that Tom King is being meta here. But King didn't put Spoiler on a page with the Robins, so maybe Johnston is reading too much into it. Or maybe he's spot on.

I like that collage

Well played, sir.

I loathe that man (and I predict he'll come on here and demand to know why, but jokes on you, cause I've blocked you on here!), but I actually agree. I think King and Steph are referring to how Steph is left out of the Robin lineup - and the reason I think this is because when I asked King at a con why Steph was included in Batman Annual #2, he said it's because she was Robin.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well played, sir.

Steph's time as Robin is back in continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Steph's time as Robin is back in continuity.
    I wonder how established it is. Stories about Steph's time as Robin are being published. She got a flashback story and some covers for the Robin Special. But has there been any current plot point where someone remembers it, especially Steph? I don't think Tim specifically mentioned it.

But if that's the case - that DC has, with respect to Steph, so far simply been acknowledging past publishing, which in a way it always does simply by advertising and printing old TPBs - then by the same argument it is even harder to justify leaving Batgirl out of Steph's bio in the back of the Robin special, since that too was published, and may be reprinted periodically.

Also, why wouldn't Steph now be dressing as a Robin, rather than as a Bat? If Robin is in continuity, but Batgirl is not, it might make more sense to give her an R symbol than a bat symbol.

"Robin'' is in this forum thread title, so it's on topic to suggest a poll: who would rather Spoiler wear an R rather than a bat?

Just a thought. I'm in favor of the bat.

I wonder how established it is. Stories about Steph's time as Robin are being published. She got a flashback story and some covers for the Robin Special. But has there been any current plot point where someone remembers it, especially Steph? I don't think Tim specifically mentioned it.

But if that's the case - that DC has, with respect to Steph, so far simply been acknowledging past publishing, which in a way it always does simply by advertising and printing old TPBs - then by the same argument it is even harder to justify leaving Batgirl out of Steph's bio in the back of the Robin special, since that too was published, and may be reprinted periodically.

Also, why wouldn't Steph now be dressing as a Robin, rather than as a Bat? If Robin is in continuity, but Batgirl is not, it might make more sense to give her an R symbol than a bat symbol.

"Robin'' is in this forum thread title, so it's on topic to suggest a poll: who would rather Spoiler wear an R rather than a bat?

Just a thought. I'm in favor of the bat.
    Technically, you could count Young Justice #5 and #18 as referencing it, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that it's really firm. Steph's reference to herself as Robin could very well be considered just referring to her seeing Brother Eye's timeline. But given Heroes in Crisis plus Young Justice plus the leaked (now cancelled) 5G timeline plus the Robin 80th special, I think we can assume that if a writer really WANTED to, they could consider some version of War Games to have happened, similar to how Tynion assumed that some version of A Lonely Place of Dying happened.

I'm in favor of the Bat on her Spoiler costume - but I would love a miniseries of Steph as Robin set in the past, with a happy ending...