Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1364

Not sure how far into the future this event is supposed to be exactly but... I gotta admit it's a little disheartening to see Cass and Steph *still* going as Orphan and Spoiler presumably well into their mid-twenties. I suppose the story being called "Batgirls" means they'll have some version of the mantle by the end, but after the War Zone story (where that didn't happen despite prior teasing), I admit I'm still skittish.

And obviously they're not alone in this (Tim still being called Robin when he's same the age as they are, presumably).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    Not sure how far into the future this event is supposed to be exactly but... I gotta admit it's a little disheartening to see Cass and Steph *still* going as Orphan and Spoiler presumably well into their mid-twenties. I suppose the story being called "Batgirls" means they'll have some version of the mantle by the end, but after the War Zone story (where that didn't happen despite prior teasing), I admit I'm still skittish.
    2030+ according to IGN
    https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-futu...an-batman-2021

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So... Nearing their thirties and they're still using those monikers. Ouch.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So... Nearing their thirties and they're still using those monikers. Ouch.
    COMICS! I mean, I am still pretty excited.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Does anyone else see that Steph has apparently lost her left eye? In the half mask, she is also wearing an eyepatch over her left eye, held in place with a headband; and with the hood on, so little shows between the half mask and the headband/eye patch that our "full mask" fans may also be satisfied. Sad to arrive at a compromise only through partial blindness.

Cass is wearing a skirt? And why do artists want to outdo Sean Murphy with how big a bat symbol they can put on Batgirls? These costumes are overly complicated.

There's been a lot of overdesigning lately. The costume of the Designer in Batman was ridiculous, and Punchline's outfit is hard to draw. People get the angle of the zippers on her side pockets backwards, and who has time to draw every single tear in the right place? It also looks like Ghosthunter is overdesigned. Are artists paid enough per page to get all these details right?

Spoiler is at least less problematic than Orphan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Does anyone else see that Steph has apparently lost her left eye? In the half mask, she is also wearing an eyepatch over her left eye, held in place with a headband; and with the hood on, so little shows between the half mask and the headband/eye patch that our "full mask" fans may also be satisfied. Sad to arrive at a compromise only through partial blindness.

Cass is wearing a skirt? And why do artists want to outdo Sean Murphy with how big a bat symbol they can put on Batgirls? These costumes are overly complicated.

There's been a lot of overdesigning lately. The costume of the Designer in Batman was ridiculous, and Punchline's outfit is hard to draw. People get the angle of the zippers on her side pockets backwards, and who has time to draw every single tear in the right place? It also looks like Ghosthunter is overdesigned. Are artists paid enough per page to get all these details right?

I don't think that's a skirt. I assumed it was the baggy pants from her New 52 costume.

Looks more like a tunic

Incredible Member

If Steph has become a pirate that'd be fine by me. Her and Damian insulting each other in pirate talk would be hilarious (yes I referenced "Have at thee, wench"
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I think that DC artists are paid reasonably well in terms of the industry.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

At least I wasn't the only one who noticed she'll only need a monacle when she's old. Honestly though, that's probably near the bottom of the list of issues I have with this Future thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Steph and Cass will be in the Batgirls story as part of Future State:

In Joker War, it is mentioned that Stephanie is extremely good with tech.

Her suit seems to use more technology compared to Cassandra's suit.

So, I guess they will mantain that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In Joker War, it is mentioned that Stephanie is extremely good with tech.

Her suit seems to use more technology compared to Cassandra's suit.

So, I guess they will mantain that trend.
    It's been a thing since the New 52, I think. Tynion definitely used it as an element of her character and I think even Bendis referenced it.

Makes sense, as the same change was made to Tim in New 52 (maybe they were compensating for Babs no longer being Oracle, by making the other characters not need her help?). Steph's always been his distaff counterpart, note that her usual weapon is a staff, just like his.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Is there a clue how many parts the Batgirls story will have in the "Future State: The Next Batman" anthology?

I've read that the main story is "one of five tales serialized in the anthology book "Future State: The Next Batman."

The five stories announced in #1 and #2 are:

#1: The Next Batman, Outsiders, Arkham Knights
    #2: The Next Batman, Batgirls, Gotham City Sirens

So, can we speculate, or is it known, that Outsiders part 2 and Arkham Knights part 2 will be in February's issue #3, and that Batgirls part 2 and Gotham City Sirens part 2 will be in February's issue #4? Or, is there actually going to be a different slate of "back-up" stories? (Which would mean these aren't actually "serialized" backups.) There's no hint in the solicitations that these are part 1 of the backup stories, but so many articles and interviews have appeared that I have lost track.

(For that matter, I don't know if it's fair to call them "backups" per se - they may have just as many pages in each issue as the main story.)