Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1364

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    i love the full mask but i love seeing her smile or her eyes
    I feel like that's only really effective without the face mask. Otherwise she just has stern, angry, eyes and exposed hair.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like that's only really effective without the face mask. Otherwise she just has stern, angry, eyes and exposed hair.
    my ranking is
    Ninja
    Cowl
    Full
    DOmino
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Astonishing Member

True. That's why I'm not a big fan of the ninja half mask either (although I prefer the ninja mask over the full mask).

I like a lot more the bat cowl or the domino mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    True. That's why I'm not a big fan of the ninja half mask either (although I prefer the ninja mask over the full mask).

I like a lot more the bat cowl or the domino mask.
    But those are more associated with her Batgirl and Robin looks than her Spoiler look.

Astonishing Member

But those are more associated with her Batgirl and Robin looks than her Spoiler look.
    I don't think Spoiler is an enough recognizable identity to have an associated look. After all, many fans accept the half ninja mask for Spoiler even although this a big change from the "traditional" full black mask.

Honestly, I just don't like a full black mask with white eyes. I guess artists can make the mask show emotions, but I would rather see part of the face showing emotions.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-02-2020 at 03:58 PM.

I don't think Spoiler is an enough recognizable identity to have an associated look. After all, many fans accept the half ninja mask for Spoiler even although this a big change from the "traditional" full black mask.

I don't like a full black mask with white eyes. I guess artists can make the mask show emotions, but I prefer to see part of the face showing emotions..
    And we have to agree to disagree on that, because I love the full face mask and white eyes .

I personally don't associate a cowl or domino mask with Spoiler.

Astonishing Member

And we have to agree to disagree on that, because I love the full face mask and white eyes .

I personally don't associate a cowl or domino mask with Spoiler.
    As you say, we have to agree to disagree in our preferences for masks. I have never been a fan of Spoiler alias, so that will always affect my opinion.

That said, the bat cowl could be difficult to associate with Spoiler, but the domino mask wouldn't be so complicates. After all, Stephanie could mantain the Spoiler hood, while using a domino mask, the change wouldn't be so different from the change to half ninja mask.

As you say, we have to agree to disagree in our preferences for masks. I have never been a fan of Spoiler alias, so that will always affect my opinion.

That said, the bat cowl could be difficult to associate with Spoiler, but the domino mask wouldn't be so complicates. After all, Stephanie could mantain the Spoiler hood, while using a domino mask, the change wouldn't be so different from the change to half ninja mask.
    Domino mask + hood makes me think Green Arrow or Robin.

Incredible Member

Domino mask + hood makes me think Green Arrow or Robin.
    makes me think of Cass or the gremlin
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I wonder if there is some recency bias because the ninja mask has practically been her modern mask since the New 52, even when she's gone back to the full mask at different times. I sometimes feel that way about the popularity of the Burnside costume.
    I think there's definitely a bias towards the two biggest publicity pushes Steph has gotten, for Batman Eternal and Rebirth, both of which were strongly ninja mask.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I've always appreciated the full face mask. It's a unique design and makes her distinct among the other bat members. Plus, the white eyes allow for a better variety of expressions I feel (at least back in the late 90's/early 2000's).
    Because a lot of Steph's appearances were alongside Cass when I first got into comics, the full face mask felt less unique to me. It also really confused young comics reader-me about what, exactly, that mask was.

i love the full mask but i love seeing her smile or her eyes
    Agreed!

Nah - the ninja mask can allow her eyes to be very expressive! Pelletier especially did some fun stuff in Batman and Robin Eternal with that.

Sure, but this is an appreciation thread for ALL of Steph's identities (and the poll was the same).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think there's definitely a bias towards the two biggest publicity pushes Steph has gotten, for Batman Eternal and Rebirth, both of which were strongly ninja mask.

Because a lot of Steph's appearances were alongside Cass when I first got into comics, the full face mask felt less unique to me. It also really confused young comics reader-me about what, exactly, that mask was.

Agreed!

Nah - the ninja mask can allow her eyes to be very expressive! Pelletier especially did some fun stuff in Batman and Robin Eternal with that.

Sure, but this is an appreciation thread for ALL of Steph's identities (and the poll was the same).
    Then can we chuck in her Batwoman mask and no mask Nightwing option?

Then can we chuck in her Batwoman mask and no mask Nightwing option?
    Sadly, polls only have four options on twitter.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I got into Steph with Tim, so I guess I saw it as being more "unique" at the time. And I thought their masks made them look good together .
    I guess I'm just used to her looking all angry eyes all the time when she's depicted with that look. Not many artists seem to vary it compared to what (apparently) Pelletier did. With the ninja mask it just seems to lend to a more stern or hostile look.
    Oh, I am in full agreement on that front. I'd just rather we not mix the look of Steph's other identities .

I got into Steph with Tim, so I guess I saw it as being more "unique" at the time. And I thought their masks made them look good together .

I guess I'm just used to her looking all angry eyes all the time when she's depicted with that look. Not many artists seem to vary it compared to what (apparently) Pelletier did. With the ninja mask it just seems to lend to a more stern or hostile look.

Oh, I am in full agreement on that front. I'd just rather we not mix the look of Steph's other identities .
    They are very cute together. But I think that is true no matter what the look.

I will also give you that artist were pretty obsessed with taking Steph's mask completely off when she had the half mask, which was very odd to me.

To the point about mixing Steph's looks...her current Spoiler suit, especially with the Bat on the chest, is already very much a mixing of her Spoiler look with her Batgirl look, and her Batgirl look in turn had the thigh belt of her Spoiler look, not something any of the previous Batgirls had.

Incredible Member

Twitter should have 6 options for the poll.

Also yes Tim & Steph are cute whatever they are wearing