Page 84 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1364
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    They are very cute together. But I think that is true no matter what the look.

I will also give you that artist were pretty obsessed with taking Steph's mask completely off when she had the half mask, which was very odd to me.

To the point about mixing Steph's looks...her current Spoiler suit, especially with the Bat on the chest, is already very much a mixing of her Spoiler look with her Batgirl look, and her Batgirl look in turn had the thigh belt of her Spoiler look, not something any of the previous Batgirls had.
    And then Batgirl of Burnside got a thigh belt.

Incredible Member

I will also give you that artist were pretty obsessed with taking Steph's mask completely off when she had the half mask, which was very odd to me.
    Well now that most of us have gotten a lot of experience wearing masks, it's hard enough wearing them for normal activities. I wouldn't want to do martial arts while wearing a mask over my nose and mouth, whether half mask or full mask. It's ok for Spider-Man to wear a full mask - he's got super powers.

Must be very uncomfortable when actors do it. But so is everything they do with superhero costumes. They hate it. Takes a team to get them in and out of them. Requires glue.

That's what I liked about the Burnside costume. A leather jacket, yoga pants, those laced up boots (I forget the brand name) - the only hard part is the cowl. Otherwise, it looked comfortable and real.

Incredible Member

Spoiler is in the final issue Young Justice. She gets in a "tactically proficient" kick, and, for our full face mask fans, never takes it off even in their new (old) HQ. I wonder if she'll lift the mask to have some of those toasted marshmallows .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Spoiler is in the final issue Young Justice. She gets in a "tactically proficient" kick, and, for our full face mask fans, never takes it off even in their new (old) HQ. I wonder if she'll lift the mask to have some of those toasted marshmallows .
    also was snuggling with Tim
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

And then Batgirl of Burnside got a thigh belt.
    Technically, it's more of a holster bag with a thigh strap securing it, rather than the floating thigh belt that is so distinctive to Spoiler/Batgirl. And it's on the other leg (right, instead of left).

Well now that most of us have gotten a lot of experience wearing masks, it's hard enough wearing them for normal activities. I wouldn't want to do martial arts while wearing a mask over my nose and mouth, whether half mask or full mask. It's ok for Spider-Man to wear a full mask - he's got super powers.

Must be very uncomfortable when actors do it. But so is everything they do with superhero costumes. They hate it. Takes a team to get them in and out of them. Requires glue.

That's what I liked about the Burnside costume. A leather jacket, yoga pants, those laced up boots (I forget the brand name) - the only hard part is the cowl. Otherwise, it looked comfortable and real.
    I dunno. I wish there was some balance in between "comfortable" and "requires a whole team to get into and out of." Something that feels protective, looks cool, but doesn't feel too casual or too overdesigned.

It was cute. She also decided to take a nap on Tim's chest during the fight.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Doc Marten's ?

I get that they looked comfortable and realistic, but to me it made her look like a cosplayer instead of a seasoned crimefighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doc Marten's ?

I get that they looked comfortable and realistic, but to me it made her look like a cosplayer instead of a seasoned crimefighter.
    My biggest problem with boots that have that many laces (and this goes for Damian as well) is that 1) they're so vulnerable to knives, 2) they do not work with rapid dressing, and 3) if they come loose, you're in so much trouble. Laces should either be replaced by clasps, or covered.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

My biggest problem with boots that have that many laces (and this goes for Damian as well) is that 1) they're so vulnerable to knives, 2) they do not work with rapid dressing, and 3) if they come loose, you're in so much trouble. Laces should either be replaced by clasps, or covered.
    Can confirm that laces should be protected. My best friend does cross country and always reties her laces before running after an incident where she tripped and got a nasty bruise on her face.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

it was cute. She also decided to take a nap on tim's chest during the fight.
    they snuggled and it was so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Can confirm that laces should be protected. My best friend does cross country and always reties her laces before running after an incident where she tripped and got a nasty bruise on her face.
    Steph has enough problems with gravity that she would never give herself that extra problem!

they snuggled and it was so cute!
    They are!!!

Incredible Member

Doc Marten's ?

Yes, that was the brand I was struggling to remember.

Incredible Member

Rapid dressing is one of those things you can't think about. Flash and Superman, and Green Lantern, have their own solutions. Most of them don't have good solutions.

And then -- so many women's tops would obviously not stay in place with the level of activity engaged in.

My older laces come undone. I hear some runners wax their laces to keep them from loosening.

I wonder how difficult it is for artists to deal with drawing laces. Probably not too hard. If so many can draw Spider-Man's costume, they can draw anything.

If I had a preference it would just be for normal yellow boots.

Incredible Member

If I had a preference it would just be for normal yellow boots.
    offtopic, back to Steph

offtopic, back to Steph
    She looks good in black boots .