Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3777838485868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1364

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    They are - I was wondering if either would actually be called "Batgirl." (Or some names other than Spoiler and Orphan.)

I agree Barbara will probably be called Batgirl in the present, unless she retires from the active role and acts solely as Oracle. In that case we'll have to see what happens.
    With the damage done to her chip it might be wise for her to pull back and focus on training and coordinating Steph and Cass as Oracle to be the Batgirl's. It was kind of insinuated that if her chip gets damaged again it can't be replaced so she's risking her mobility every time she patrols.

This way she can keep her mobility and still suit up as Batgirl when the #$@% really hits the fan and it'd be like a huge moment whenever she does suit up.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 11-29-2020 at 11:39 AM.

So in regards to DCeased: Hope at Worlds end

spoilers:
    She’s not in the final issue and neither is Talia, so I’m guessing either Tom Taylor forgot or we are going to see another DCeased Digital series showing what happens to Talia. Your guess is as good as mine.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Batman 104 has some really nice stuff, including Steph!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's good to hear .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So in regards to DCeased: Hope at Worlds end

spoilers:
    She’s not in the final issue and neither is Talia, so I’m guessing either Tom Taylor forgot or we are going to see another DCeased Digital series showing what happens to Talia. Your guess is as good as mine.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Taylor already got an extension to 15 installments because 14 wasn't enough to finish his story. So maybe he ran out of space and really needed 16. There was so much to tie up - I don't think he'd just want Talia and Stephanie standing around in some final scene - it has to be more dramatic than that! They could appear in a future digital series, or in Dead Planet (which has another month to go), or a future print series.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Taylor already got an extension to 15 installments because 14 wasn't enough to finish his story. So maybe he ran out of space and really needed 16. There was so much to tie up - I don't think he'd just want Talia and Stephanie standing around in some final scene - it has to be more dramatic than that! They could appear in a future digital series, or in Dead Planet (which has another month to go), or a future print series.
    end of spoilers
    I mean he seemed pretty well aware of what he was doing on Twitter so I have to think he has something planned for Talia and Steph.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...99851469901824
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I think he didn't really run out of space, so much as wanting to set up Steph and Talia for the third part of this trilogy. I'm betting on a third series of the main DCeased run - Dead Universe or some such stuff, and then a third spinoff, probably digital first again, the Unkillable Hope of the World's Ending Night or something.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

I think he didn't really run out of space, so much as wanting to set up Steph and Talia for the third part of this trilogy. I'm betting on a third series of the main DCeased run - Dead Universe or some such stuff, and then a third spinoff, probably digital first again, the Unkillable Hope of the World's Ending Night or something.
    i think steph's plot is going to be wrapped up later
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

I thought I heard a rumor Taylor was working on "Dead End: Night of Dying Hopes".

Incredible Member

I never really thought about it, given the few appearances so far, but while I have been noticing the shape of Steph's mask seems kind of unusual for this type of mask, I now realize it's in the shape of a bat. Was that obvious to everyone but me?

It may be the giant eyes Bengal gave her, or the way she just bursts in - she is, after all, interrupting Dick and should know that, as they are usually all on the same frequency - but Steph definitely comes off as a bit of comic relief when she calls in to Barbara. Kind of over-eager, enthusiastic. And I like that - the trio needs that. Barbara as the calm intellect; Cass with silent intensity; Steph as enthusiastic and endearing.

I never really thought about it, given the few appearances so far, but while I have been noticing the shape of Steph's mask seems kind of unusual for this type of mask, I now realize it's in the shape of a bat. Was that obvious to everyone but me?

It may be the giant eyes Bengal gave her, or the way she just bursts in - she is, after all, interrupting Dick and should know that, as they are usually all on the same frequency - but Steph definitely comes off as a bit of comic relief when she calls in to Barbara. Kind of over-eager, enthusiastic. And I like that - the trio needs that. Barbara as the calm intellect; Cass with silent intensity; Steph as enthusiastic and endearing.
    I think the mask kind of varies in shape and material depending on artist. Fabok, for example, tends to draw it as a cloth one, with nose and chin outlines. Others, like Lafuente and Bengal, tend to draw it as a more rigid, semi-armored and technologically functional piece, a "filtration mask" as it's called in Batman Eternal.

I do like Steph being that enthusiastic and warm character - it's part of the reason I think Tynion can do such a good job with her. I hope that we get more that!

Extraordinary Member

In addition to the batgirls story in the anthology book looks like Steph will be in Future State: Robin Eternal:

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    In addition to the batgirls story in the anthology book looks like Steph will be in Future State: Robin Eternal:

Yup! She is in the solicitations for both issues, and she's on the cover for the second issue too!

Future tough-as-nails Steph with an eyepatch is oddly sexy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Future tough-as-nails Steph with an eyepatch is oddly sexy .
    On twitter, someone mentioned she is thicc.