Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1364

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    that is a terrible joke
    Edit: qouted the wrong reply cuz my brain said "No" today. Anywho, re: unironically calling Steph a MILF

[Time to pick apart a random joke cuz it do be like that] Dude... She was fifteen at the time. Gross. Also there's, y'know, how it completely warped her perception of her own self-worth and the fact that she *couldn't* be a good mom to that kid haunted her for years after the fact, so giving her that classification even jokingly just feels wrong no matter how you spin it. She didn't get to be a mom; all she kept were the scars and whatever post-partum trauma gets left on an unprepared and not-fully-developed mind/body.
    Last edited by DropOfSaturn; 12-08-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    Edit: qouted the wrong reply cuz my brain said "No" today. Anywho, re: unironically calling Steph a MILF

[Time to pick apart a random joke cuz it do be like that] Dude... She was fifteen at the time. Gross. Also there's, y'know, how it completely warped her perception of her own self-worth and the fact that she *couldn't* be a good mom to that kid haunted her for years after the fact, so giving her that classification even jokingly just feels wrong no matter how you spin it. She didn't get to be a mom; all she kept were the scars and whatever post-partum trauma gets left on an unprepared and not-fully-developed mind/body.
    And I joke about it because I consider her getting through all that a cake walk compared to what would come with her with Black Mask later on.

Hell, Steph joked about it too when she teased Cass that she finally had something over on her.

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post

There's no way she'd have ever wanted to keep that baby. Steph had no real support network, her mother was a drug addict and her father was a criminal. Also, she would've had to give up being Spoiler.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There's no way she'd have ever wanted to keep that baby. Steph had no real support network, her mother was a drug addict and her father was a criminal. Also, she would've had to give up being Spoiler.
    But then Cataclysm and No Man’s Land happened.

So who knows what happened to the baby.

Extraordinary Member

The Cataclysm happened before Steph found out she was pregnant.

Also, Steph did express a desire to keep her baby and Tim had to talk her out of it. That was a big part of why she refused to see the baby after giving birth, so that the decision to give the child up wouldn't be as difficult.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But then Cataclysm and No Man’s Land happened.

So who knows what happened to the baby.
    In both War Games and War Crimes, Bruce promises to take care of Steph's daughter, so clearly Batman knows.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    In both War Games and War Crimes, Bruce promises to take care of Steph's daughter, so clearly Batman knows.
    Yeah, that makes sense to me that Batman would keep tabs on the child or at least know about what happened and who adopted her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I can't say Babs doesn't have at least some legitimacy towards purple thanks to the 60's show, and people won't let Burnside go, but it's Steph's color for sure.
    babs can have green for oracle, gray and blue for batgirl
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Incredible Member

After Step give her baby up for adoption. We ever find out anymore information about him? Real hard facts?

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    After Step give her baby up for adoption. We ever find out anymore information about him? Real hard facts?
    Well, War Games and War Crimes revealed that her baby was a daughter. However, there's almost certainly never going to be a follow up, since that history was forbidden to BQM for his Batgirl run to reference, and though Convergence: Batgirl did reference it, there's been no real sign that that timeline will be followed up on.

Maybe Death Metal will fix that. But I really doubt they'll touch that storyline again.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

One Steph image from Batman 105.. She only appears here. But continues having the Bat-Symbol.

Screen Shot 2976.jpg

Incredible Member

Yay batsymbol!
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    One Steph image from Batman 105.. She only appears here. But continues having the Bat-Symbol.

Screen Shot 2976.jpg
    That was very nice! Steph was also in Dark Nights: Death Metal #6 for a panel too, though her Batsymbol wasn't there for some reason.

Incredible Member

So is it clear that Tynion's unannounced Bat project was "Joker with a Punchline backup story," not "Batgirls"?

I guess we'll know for sure by Friday, but is there still some sense of a path to a Batgirls book? Besides Joker, they are releasing the Batman Urban Legends anthology, plus we have the ongoing Batman Black & White anthology, and Batman/Catwoman. Is there room for more new Bat books?

Maybe DC is going to make Detective an anthology book too, leaving room for Batbackups. But that would not be satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    So is it clear that Tynion's unannounced Bat project was "Joker with a Punchline backup story," not "Batgirls"?

I guess we'll know for sure by Friday, but is there still some sense of a path to a Batgirls book? Besides Joker, they are releasing the Batman Urban Legends anthology, plus we have the ongoing Batman Black & White anthology, and Batman/Catwoman. Is there room for more new Bat books?

Maybe DC is going to make Detective an anthology book too, leaving room for Batbackups. But that would not be satisfying.
    Yes, that is the project. I've been saying for months that much as I would love Tynion writing Batgirls, DC is not willing to let male writers write a Batgirl book again, despite hiring really bad female writers. I think Vita Ayala is probably the most likely candidate for a potential Batgirls book, based on how many of the creative teams on Future State are getting ongoings.