Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1364
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That was very nice! Steph was also in Dark Nights: Death Metal #6 for a panel too, though her Batsymbol wasn't there for some reason.
    Do you mean in the top left next to Tim in the "Bat" panel? I would not have seen her if you hadn't mentioned she was there. Very hard to see in the print edition because of the way the pages are bound.

The bat symbol isn't all that's missing. She has no facial features, and her hair is colored a flat dark gray that, zoomed out, blends with the cape color. Meanwhile Barbara has worn the Burnside suit, and Supergirl her pre-Flashpoint suit, throughout the series. And Orphan is in the Orphan outfit here. (But was Batgirl in one of the earlier issues.)

Steph was in several panels in last week's "Last Stories" one-shot - no Bat symbol there either.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Do you mean in the top left next to Tim in the "Bat" panel? I would not have seen her if you hadn't mentioned she was there. Very hard to see in the print edition because of the way the pages are bound.

The bat symbol isn't all that's missing. She has no facial features, and her hair is colored a flat dark gray that, zoomed out, blends with the cape color. Meanwhile Barbara has worn the Burnside suit, and Supergirl her pre-Flashpoint suit, throughout the series. And Orphan is in the Orphan outfit here. (But was Batgirl in one of the earlier issues.)

Steph was in several panels in last week's "Last Stories" one-shot - no Bat symbol there either.
    Yup, that's where she was! I forgot that Steph lost her Bat-symbol in the Last Stories one-shot. I wish editorial would get on the ball and make it line wide.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Yup, that's where she was! I forgot that Steph lost her Bat-symbol in the Last Stories one-shot. I wish editorial would get on the ball and make it line wide.
    Death Metal was intended to pick up after the last Snyder tale in Justice League, but there was a huge delay, and fill-in Justice League stories. So based on that, they weren't sporting Bats yet. Of course all kind of people are back from different eras... so anything goes.

Were you just thinking of those appearances? The one in Death Metal #6 actually looks, in print, like a dark smudge.

Death Metal was intended to pick up after the last Snyder tale in Justice League, but there was a huge delay, and fill-in Justice League stories. So based on that, they weren't sporting Bats yet. Of course all kind of people are back from different eras... so anything goes.

Were you just thinking of those appearances? The one in Death Metal #6 actually looks, in print, like a dark smudge.
    Well, there's the Robin King backup appearance too, and a team shot in another one shot.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So is it clear that Tynion's unannounced Bat project was "Joker with a Punchline backup story," not "Batgirls"?

I guess we'll know for sure by Friday, but is there still some sense of a path to a Batgirls book? Besides Joker, they are releasing the Batman Urban Legends anthology, plus we have the ongoing Batman Black & White anthology, and Batman/Catwoman. Is there room for more new Bat books?

Maybe DC is going to make Detective an anthology book too, leaving room for Batbackups. But that would not be satisfying.
    I mean... Probably an unpopular opinion but It's hardly the end of the world that Tynion isn't the one writing it.

He gave Cass a lot of cool or heartfelt moments, but they've been so detached from her past history that it's been pretty hard to get invested at all (also I'd like for her to not be written like she's a twelve year old child anymore, but that's just me). And I know people have differing opinions on how he's written Steph, but I for one am glad to know that there's now at least a chance of her being a somewhat redeemable or fundamentally good person. I think writing characters differently for reboots is all well and good, but what Tynion gave us in every book was (in my opinion) downright antithetical to the core of her character. I get why; Harper was already there so having Steph back was already redundant. But I can't even say that his portrayal of her ever got *better*, it just showed the cracks in different ways as the years went on. And since he's said they're still gonna be sticking to his little edict of "nothing before the Eternal books happened but their friendship and personalities are both now preboot anyway even though we showed none of it", it's probably just gonna be a frustrating read no matter who's writing it unless you've already enjoyed their portrayals in the reboot.

Ayala probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I haven't seen how they write the girls at all yet. Guess we'll see what we're in for once Future State kicks off.

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    I mean... Probably an unpopular opinion but It's hardly the end of the world that Tynion isn't the one writing it.

He gave Cass a lot of cool or heartfelt moments, but they've been so detached from her past history that it's been pretty hard to get invested at all (also I'd like for her to not be written like she's a twelve year old child anymore, but that's just me). And I know people have differing opinions on how he's written Steph, but I for one am glad to know that there's now at least a chance of her being a somewhat redeemable or fundamentally good person. I think writing characters differently for reboots is all well and good, but what Tynion gave us in every book was (in my opinion) downright antithetical to the core of her character. I get why; Harper was already there so having Steph back was already redundant. But I can't even say that his portrayal of her ever got *better*, it just showed the cracks in different ways as the years went on. And since he's said they're still gonna be sticking to his little edict of "nothing before the Eternal books happened but their friendship and personalities are both now preboot anyway even though we showed none of it", it's probably just gonna be a frustrating read no matter who's writing it unless you've already enjoyed their portrayals in the reboot.

Ayala probably wouldn't be my first choice, but I haven't seen how they write the girls at all yet. Guess we'll see what we're in for once Future State kicks off.
    Well, I think that Tynion does write Steph as a good person - but not a perfect person. There are plenty of times where you see her concern for others and her attempts to make the world a better place, even if sometimes in a misguided way.

That would explain Cass and Steph, but not Barbara or Kara, who both also have wrong uniforms. Babs has her Burnside suit, which was replaced around two years ago, and Kara's wearing a pre-Flashpoint one, so from a decade ago!

Dick did mention that when he arrived on Themiscya, he magically changed back to his normal look from his long hair look he had in the Justice League tie-in, so it could be that people just magically found themselves put back into old costumes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dick did mention that when he arrived on Themiscya, he magically changed back to his normal look from his long hair look he had in the Justice League tie-in, so it could be that people just magically found themselves put back into old costumes.
    that would be hilarious explanation
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Me and some friends discussed this back when an earlier issue had that group shot of all those heroes trapped in one room; the only explanation for the chaotic costume choices is that they just told Greg to draw whichever ones he wanted.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DropOfSaturn View Post
    Me and some friends discussed this back when an earlier issue had that group shot of all those heroes trapped in one room; the only explanation for the chaotic costume choices is that they just told Greg to draw whichever ones he wanted.
    eh that makes sense
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

It seems that is a Variant Cover of BATMAN 106(Steph is above Batman)

Screen Shot 3076.jpg

Who is the CHARACTER IN BLUE(above joker) and the ONE IN CAPE(above Barbara).. Gifter friends?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It seems that is a Variant Cover of BATMAN 106(Steph is above Batman)

Screen Shot 3076.jpg

Who is the CHARACTER IN BLUE(above joker) and the ONE IN CAPE(above Barbara).. Gifter friends?
    The Magistrate from Future State and Scarecrow

............ I canīt believe that I was unable to recognize Scarecrow..

The Magistrate.. I think that is that villain that I saw mentioned in the solicitations.

I was expecting someone more... NORMAL. In Black Mask plan that is only a MAFIA BOSS with one Mask. Not someone with one special costume.

Last edited by adrikito; 12-28-2020 at 10:14 AM.

WHHAHAHAHTT?? Watch this.. Is Steph in DC Future State:

DC Future State Batgirl Spoiler Steph.jpg

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/step...-future-state/

This is the MOST BADDASS STEPH ever. Like if she cames from one post apocalyptic world(DCeased) or was some kind of spy..

I see one scar in one of her eyes.. Wait.. She has now one eye like Slade??

I wonder if give to her this short hair was inspired in the Smallville NIGHTWING STEPH(that never happened)
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-28-2020 at 10:35 AM.