Page 111 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's gorgeous

The game is only available in large parts of Asia like Japan and Hong Kong (where including on mainland China the character has a legion of fans since The Gifted). Hopefully she proves popular for that game and it bleeds over into other things. Also, that is top quality art and a nice remastering of her generic green costume to include some gold as she had on her first costume.

Wanda has a few good skins in the game. Hopefully, they manage with the update to manage the coordinate family power ups/attacks/etc.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-26-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Aww, that's great! Always love seeing Polaris getting included in games. Hope those who play enjoy.

Thanks for sharing!

Video was posted too of someone seeing her on the screen, which allows you to see the motion and effects.

Relatedly, I have Polaris in Marvel Puzzle Quest and currently have her three powers at level 1. Gonna be a ways before I can get her championed but I'm on my way. Helps that I have Heimdall. She'll probably take the place of Mohawk Storm in my usual lineup once she gets to the same level as them (my usual lineup is Heimdall, Iron Fist, Mohawk Storm).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I noticed she is wearing a neck collar vaguely akin to the neck collar she wore in The Gifted. That was an enormously popular image of the character in Asia. The idea of her as the oppressed dark political princess was a huge hit in Asia and China specifically. It was fairly popular in the United States too, but nothing like China.

I haven't been able to connect to the character of late in the comics so its good to see her increased representation in games. I hope the bad ass politically astute Lorna one day re-emerges in the comics. We are starting to see a higher profile for the character then we didn't see when the schism between studios was ongoing.

The more I think on it, the more it's noteworthy to me as a comparison point to what Marvel does in the west.

Marvel Super War released December 2019, and it's limited to territories that don't include the US/UK. Within that context, she got in this game in less than a year, before Havok. This is compared to how Marvel Puzzle Quest took 7 years to eventually add her, only after adding Havok. Still nothing for Future Fight, and also still nothing for Contest of Champions which added Havok in February 2019.

That means without the biases held by western creators, and/or with lower stakes, Lorna is considered highly valuable. A look at her based on her actual merits instead of how she's been misused in the past leads to better usage and treatment of her.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

The Japanese account for the game tweeted a description last night.

象徴的な緑の髪を持つ彼女は、
    父親と同じように地球の磁場を操れる。

ミュータントと人間の共存のために、
    彼女は父親と違う道を歩んだ。

12月3日(木)のアップデート後、
    新ヒーローがワカンダの戦場に登場🧲

#マーベルスーパーウォー
    Here's the rough translation Twitter's translate function gives it.

With her iconic green hair, she
    You can manipulate the earth's magnetic field like your father.

For the coexistence of mutants and humans
    She took a different path than her father.

After the update on Thursday, December 3rd
    A new hero appears on the battlefield in Wakanda
    Cool that she's recognized for her green hair. That's pretty much the only thing Marvel hasn't taken from her over the decades (watch as they do that tomorrow).

The part about coexistence with mutants and humans and "taking a different path" from Magneto intrigues me. It's similar language to what Marvel Puzzle Quest said about her. Implication seems to be one of Lorna perceived as not being mutant supremacist like her father. In my opinion, that's fine... to a point. I think being more vicious than the X-Men but not as vicious as her father is fitting for her. Matches her original issues where she's presented as a force to be reckoned with but not ready to go full evil (as the comics were framing it at the time). But definitely not full-on Xavierite. Full-on Xavierite doesn't and shouldn't fit her especially after Genosha, and I think that angle to her is moreso based on male projection (e.g. when Havok went on his monologue about how he thought she believed in Xavier's dream more than Xavier) than what actually fits for her history and origins.

All of the above isn't criticism or complaint about Super War, to make that very clear. That description doesn't give enough to know exactly what that "different path" looks like. These are just thoughts on different things those words COULD mean.

Lorna can make your atoms move.

Video comes with this description.

With powers like her father, how will Polaris fare on the Wakandan battlefield?

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Lorna can make your atoms move.

Video comes with this description.
    Is she supposed to have a non-American accent?

I don't notice an accent, but then maybe that's because I'm so used to voice acting in video games that this doesn't register as having an accent to me.

The game also isn't available in the west unless you take special steps; it's only in eastern countries like South Korea, Japan, New Zealand, etc. That could have an impact on voice acting.

deleted post
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 12-01-2020 at 04:12 PM.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I noticed she is wearing a neck collar vaguely akin to the neck collar she wore in The Gifted. That was an enormously popular image of the character in Asia. The idea of her as the oppressed dark political princess was a huge hit in Asia and China specifically. It was fairly popular in the United States too, but nothing like China.

I haven't been able to connect to the character of late in the comics so its good to see her increased representation in games. I hope the bad ass politically astute Lorna one day re-emerges in the comics. We are starting to see a higher profile for the character then we didn't see when the schism between studios was ongoing.
    Should Polaris take Jean's seat on the Quiet Council?
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Should Polaris take Jean's seat on the Quiet Council?
    No bc she's on X-Factor. Thats kind of a conflict of interest with the team investigating mutant deaths and the council being in a position to make decisions about the resurrections

No bc she's on X-Factor. Thats kind of a conflict of interest with the team investigating mutant deaths and the council being in a position to make decisions about the resurrections
    This is solved pretty easily by taking her off X-Factor, which she shouldn't have been put on in the first place.

Especially if her being stuck on there is going to explicitly prevent much better, more appropriate options for her like having a seat on the Council.