Page 90 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1765
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That cover not having Jean, you know the first X-woman is a big WTF. They made sure to include her even when dead, when it came to these typeof things
    They've got Hope there so good enough.

The most recent posts make me wonder if posts exist elsewhere that I haven't seen (since I don't see any here) of people thinking Jean not on the fan cover is some kind of big scandal.

I think Jean's pretty safe regardless. It's not like anyone (both inside and outside of Marvel) is going to try to claim she doesn't matter to the franchise or treat her like she didn't contribute anything to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I love how Lorna looks like she is super happy and ready for the fight!
    Makes me think of this, which you now cannot unsee.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Yeah it was a simple observation. Whenever an homage to the X-women is done, there are faces that are almost always on it. Jean, Storm, Emma, Psylocke, Rogue and Kitty. When one is missing, yeah it draws attention to that, which is why we commented on Jean

This took longer than i thought it would lol had more going on than i thought. But as requested the Siblings

leishnersibs.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This took longer than i thought it would lol had more going on than i thought. But as requested the Siblings

leishnersibs.jpg
    Great work! I like how the headpieces of Lorna and Wanda are well differentiated along with just everything else about it.

Emma Dumont's getting a little bit of buzz right now for being both awesome in and of herself and also saying what Lorna would say, about how bigots can't be X-Men fans.

https://www.cbr.com/the-gifted-polar...xmen-if-bigot/

Good reminder that she was an excellent Lorna (when the scripts allowed her to be).

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Great work! I like how the headpieces of Lorna and Wanda are well differentiated along with just everything else about it.

Emma Dumont's getting a little bit of buzz right now for being both awesome in and of herself and also saying what Lorna would say, about how bigots can't be X-Men fans.

https://www.cbr.com/the-gifted-polar...xmen-if-bigot/

Good reminder that she was an excellent Lorna (when the scripts allowed her to be).
    Thanks i appreciate it. It was really fun getting into their heads when i was sketching it. I could only imagine them being pissed off and going ham on someone standing in their way together. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks i appreciate it. It was really fun getting into their heads when i was sketching it. I could only imagine them being pissed off and going ham on someone standing in their way together. lol
    Which is definitely a thing I can see from them. Reminiscent of a comic panel for House of M that had the family together looking intimidating toward an enemy.

On the vein of Lorna and Wanda interest, here's a piece by ZoeHackmann, who thinks they're great for an 80s style look.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Hi friends! Just wanted to let you know that earlier today Marvel Puzzle Quest announced that Lorna will be joining the game at the end of the month:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/8...ris-lorna-dane

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hi friends! Just wanted to let you know that earlier today Marvel Puzzle Quest announced that Lorna will be joining the game at the end of the month:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/8...ris-lorna-dane
    Thanks. I see they thought her costume showed too much skin so they censored her

"Raised by a non-mutant family, Lorna Dane struggles with embracing her powers and Mutant heritage - especially since her father is Magneto. Her complicated identity has led Polaris down many different paths, and so the mistress of magnetism often plays both ally and enemy to other Mutants."

I liked that bio until the end. Lorna's never been an enemy to mutants, at least not unless she's possessed. She's not someone that flips back and forth between being hero and villian

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Wow, she looks great! Love the way they updated Lorna's costume. Always happy to see her included in Marvel games.

I'm honestly pretty amazed that they're adding her with Marvel's recent track record. Also amazed (and pleased) that the description for her doesn't mention Havok, and it's using a take on her iconic costume.

I agree with what Havok83 pointed out though of how Lorna's never been an enemy to mutants. On closer look, the description also has a problem in saying she struggles with embracing her powers and mutant heritage. She doesn't. This arguably could have applied to Lorna in the very very early days (I'm iffy about even that much, wondering how much of that was really just writing Lorna to fit in lockstep with Havok), but it definitely doesn't apply to Lorna post-Genosha. We saw how much her powers and mutant heritage mattered to her in the wake of Genosha, to a point where she was willing to get herself killed for a chance to restore her powers.

They added Havok before her in spring this year, which is just very typical and eye roll worthy. But at least Lorna wasn't introduced by pairing her off with him. Also that Havok is a 5 star while Lorna is a 4 star. Also also isn't lost on me that Daken was added before Lorna.

All things said, so far I'm planning to download Puzzle Quest and get Lorna (if I can; I don't know how the game works for gacha or whatever else).

Looking into this also made me aware that the Marvel Twitter account promoted Havok's reveal on Hellions on December 3, 2019 but they haven't said a thing about Lorna since November 27, 2018 for Gifted. There should be a tweet from their account about Lorna in Puzzle Quest just like all their other characters, but I'm not counting that (same as I'm not counting Havok's tweet for it on February 27). Regardless, it's pretty clear by Marvel's Twitter account that Marvel doesn't consider Lorna on X-Factor to be "newsworthy."

And finally, of course thanks for sharing the news!

Always nice to see Lorna with a smirk.

Its good to see Lorna in the first game she has been in since 2014. I figured for some time that Puzzle Quest would be incoming soon when they already got to Northstar and Daken. I expect she will appear in at least one more game to come in the next few months. She has to prove her popularity in the next few months if she is going to be in more.

As for the game summary in the last three games she made it into she was on a different side of the X-Men before allying with them:

X-Men Legos Magneto and Mystique free her coin/character from SHIELD's prison. Marvel vs Capcom #3 she was a non-playable aboard Asteroid M. In X-Men Days of Future Past she was a leader of Magneto's faction aboard Asteroid M until it was attacked by Sentinels and then joined the X-Men as a playable to take down the threat. Even in other major media to the public WATXM Lorna was on the other side of Xavier and the X-Men for part of the series before allying with them and certainly The Gifted popularized the same theme.

I actually don't like the term hero and villain for philosophical differences among the major x-characters, because by that framework lets just say the X-Men of 20 years ago would be calling all the X-Men of Krakoa villain's for embracing mutant separatism and other themes. 20 years ago Lorna was standing against Xavier and the X-Men's ideology on a team that officially repudiated Xavier's dream and tactics and that wasn't the only time in her history she has done so.

They accurately represented her in the summary if you take what they are saying to be that she has been philosophically on the other side of the X-Men at times. It would have been better if they said X-Men not mutants to make clear she was always fighting for mutants when she was fighting for a low rent Brotherhood in her first appearances or the Acolytes twenty years ago.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-25-2020 at 01:02 PM.

It's a good and fair point if "enemy to other mutants" is meant in the same sense as "the X-Men are enemies to other mutants, like the Brotherhood." If it's taken that way, then it's simply referring to differing factions among mutants. Where it could be an issue is in a read of those words as "Lorna is sometimes pro-mutant, and sometimes she's anti-mutant." It's all in the vagueness of wording.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    It's a good and fair point if "enemy to other mutants" is meant in the same sense as "the X-Men are enemies to other mutants, like the Brotherhood." If it's taken that way, then it's simply referring to differing factions among mutants. Where it could be an issue is in a read of those words as "Lorna is sometimes pro-mutant, and sometimes she's anti-mutant." It's all in the vagueness of wording.
    to me thats a stretch bc then every single mutant can be considered an enemy and if thats the case, why even have that distinction?

love the softer greens on her . might have to ruin my attention span on a mobile game ..