Page 26 of 118 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

By lordbazzington

I hope Leah is having fun at the convention.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-28-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Now that that's over with.

More artwork commissioned by 4261NN that I don't believe was put out there before. 4261NN is the Japanese fan who got a lot of fanart commissions and has walls dedicated to their Lorna fandom.

Also this piece below by Igor/sweetmadneszz

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I will commission Polaris with 100 swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I will commission Polaris with 100 swords.
    Lorna's a warrior/knight, ergo she's all swords.

(piece I commissioned for Halloween last year from BoxOfWant)

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

By lordbazzington

I hope Leah is having fun at the convention.
    Magneto: Wanda, stop picking on your sister.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Thanks, but no new info in that article. Just a CBR recap of what was already said.

The tl;dr of my views is the same as what I've said elsewhere, and before. Vague remarks like "the north star" and "her legacy" sound nice but don't really say anything, the only thing Leah has said is a red flag, and even if X-Factor somehow ends up good it wouldn't change that either Lorna should be leading it or she should be doing bigger and more important things in addition to X-Factor, if Marvel's going to use her.

Anyway, some cosplay I never got around to posting in the past.

beth.l.webb, posted to a different cosplay-focused account

yung.shark, also posted by different account

From alyss_of_heartz, who used this Lorna quote from the 00s that's still very relevant today.

"I need some time for my own... to find out my true self and choose who I want to be..."

I decided to take a look at that planetxmen reading list (posted as a story; you may need an instagram account to see it), and...

While it has some things I don't agree with, it does have all the essentials and more. The same can't be said for Marvel's "list" which is missing things like New X-Men #132 and Uncanny X-Men #442-443. So yeah, I'd say planetxmen's reading list is both a good, solid reading list and better to go by than what Marvel made.

X-Factor from the Women of Marvel panel.

I think the planetx list is fine. In terms of why Genosha and its history is a much better pathos then all the others is it helps to provide the character a center for writers to think about how she sees the mutant world, how she might react to murderers of mutants, and it works at any particular time including on Krakoa. It provides a guide to fans and writers rather then writers just falling back on writing her around other characters and what the plot dictates.

I have always been honest in my thoughts and assessment of Lorna and her previous runs. In my blunt assessment fans haven't been galvanized and captivated by the characters story in the comics in over a decade and a half. That hasn't meant there hasn't been moments where she hasn't been cheered on or that social media liked. But, they were fleeting and could not be built upon to help the title she is on or the character in the longer run.

At the end of the day what was missing was a background for fans to understand the character. She has been written around the plot of stories and around other characters stories, but she hasn't had an anchor to use for fans and even writers to understand the character and the decisions she makes. I felt the success of the early '00s was not amazing scripts with the character. But, more that she had a compelling plotline, she cared about mutant rights, and she had big life events for her writers and fans of the era to understand where she is coming from.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-02-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm assuming that's Lorna in the red pants, and she looks amazing. That outfit <3.

So two things.

One, petrolmaximoff/trshlrd made this fanart based on other (I think) fanart out there for something else. Focused on All-New X-Factor obviously.

Two, Emma Dumont (and Skyler Samuels) are showing up at a con called THE ULTIMATES: AGENTS ASSEMBLE in Birmingham this June. I don't remember if this was shared here or not, but doesn't hurt to share again if it was.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-04-2020 at 03:59 PM.

juan beat me to posting this. Thanks juan!

Meanwhile, this is the first furry art I've seen of Lorna, and Magneto, by grayhill. They plan to do Wanda and Pietro next.

Also, new Polaris cosplay by Zia Cosplay. What I'm posting is just one photo. There's tons more photos of this cosplay, 19 pictures in total.

The final thing for me to say is just that if you have an instagram account, there's a story on there by xmenpolaris/4261nn showing off their Polaris walls in video that's just absolutely beautiful and needs to be seen.

Future Fight is about to have to have another X-men update and its going to be HoX themed. Probably unlikely but Im hoping Lorna is finally added and I think if she is, she could be a Danger Room exclusive

Fans have been saying Marvel (or companies they work with) needs to add Lorna to Future Fight and other games for years, but they keep not doing it. They added Havok to something recently, of course, but not Lorna.

I'm pretty sure Marvel figures that Lorna in Lego Marvel Super Heroes in 2013 and the X-Men: Days of Future Past mobile phone game in... 2014? 2015? was enough to put her in after almost 50 years of nothing to go for another 50 years of nothing. It's pretty telling that Wanda has 15 video game entries, Pietro has 9, Havok has 13, but Lorna has a grand total of... 3. Arguably 4 if counting the technicality of a Lorna model you'd have to go out of your way to spot in the background of a PS2 game. Whoever wrote her Wikipedia entry certainly didn't think it was sufficient.

Anyway, more fanart.

By mutual reddove18, whose work I somehow missed last month.

Posted by random-fandom-art who I don't know if they're the artist or not (their blog now asks for a password and I don't trust that at all so I'm assuming it got turned into a phishing scheme and I'm not trying it).