Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Flexible and easy to accessorize? I would broadly agree.

The outfit feels for the most part like Lorna, her X-Men Blue outfit felt like Jean which I suspect is why I didn’t take to it.
    I agree about the X-Men Blue costume. I don't mind the Jean comparison though. As long as it's just visual and not in a certain aspect of her role on the team.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i like the costume too! i dont know why but reminds me a little of the gifted spirit character
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    I agree about the X-Men Blue costume. I don't mind the Jean comparison though. As long as it's just visual and not in a certain aspect of her role on the team.
    Bunn’s Lorna had a bit more of an issue then I might have liked and I am not just talking in terms of love interest focus. Not fully 90s Jean like a number of depictions though thankfully.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

At least her BLUE outfit you could easily imagine her moving around in and attacking enemies with, etc. Unlike her typical flowy regal gowns/capes/tiara stuff

This is somewhere between. Kind of like her Exiles outfit which I also like
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

For going on fun adventures the Exiles costume was fine. When going to war one should have an outfit that one could imagine Lorna going to war in. I didn't have a problem with the space outfit when it came out as I felt it mostly fit the original mission (before it turned into keep certain characters in space long term), though it could have used some more of the Genosha versions vibes or gone towards the Shi'ar outfit. In War of Kings for instance she shifted to a more fitting outfit.

When leading a nation she should have an outfit to lead a nation in. When being an investigator she should have an outfit to investigate in and this works for that. Her outfit should be influenced by a combination of her current job and her own iconography.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Seeing it like this...It looks very youthful almost cheer-leader-ish, where I would put Lorna in Jean and Storm's age bracket. I would give her high platform wedges, to glow up the at-leisure wear and make her look more adult. The sport flats are keeping it a bit too young and casz.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 02-13-2020 at 04:15 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Really good conceptualization and theme brainstorming here salarta, great job
    Thanks! There are many ways that Marvel could move forward with Lorna if they really wanted to. I have my thoughts as to the shape it could take, but that's a separate matter from the number of perfectly viable available options, some of which I may never imagine. This is simply one path Marvel could have taken that would have been good for Lorna instead of the path they're about to take.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Love that Lorna FINALLY has a new costume

The Polaris costume is a little bit busy imo but it is small tweak from being something very good imo. The skirt is fine but long piece in back is weird I don't think anyone other than creator ends up drawing it. Instead of being a part of the skirt it should have been part of the jacket but with everyone wearing jackets/coats it looks like they went something different to avoid everyone having the same aesthetic. Without that piece in the back I think costume looks good.

The coolest part of costume revamp is that they got rid of the head piece and it looks like they give her a visual representation of her power. I think that is pretty good touch that when she use her powers you have visual star/crown. You can already see it makes her stand out in pictures.

It's definitely a rad costume, and I'm looking forward to seeing it properly in the comic, to get a full sense of it. I'm enjoying the hard femme energy from her, Aurora and Rachel a lot already!

BANNED

I slept on it and its still awesome: its stylish and hot, like you guys noted it will probably be very flexible looking good with each artists and their small variations, the color scheme captures her visual history, and its so unique and difrent from the rest of her costumes, its really great, i love brand new costumes and that was my one disapointment that only a couple of characthers got significant redesigns, betsy/apoc/x-factor kinda scratcth that a bit tho

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm definitely loving it more and more, and I feel its the strongest design after Northstar and Aurora. I kinda get rebellious teenage daughter (even though she isn't that young) vibes from it, and I think that works for Lorna IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The coolest part of costume revamp is that they got rid of the head piece and it looks like they give her a visual representation of her power. I think that is pretty good touch that when she use her powers you have visual star/crown. You can already see it makes her stand out in pictures.
    Her headgear is iconic and pretty much the only imagery about the character that is legitimately iconic other then her hair. I know it has its detractors and I can even be one at times, but I wouldn't worry it will be gone for long as it will be back in a couple years at most. Hopefully when it does return they develop something that works better for the character then the one Billy Tan came up with.

Hopefully the energy radiating from her head has a purpose and meaning behind artistic choice. Mental protection would be one idea. Its not the only time she has had stuff radiating from her hair. Energy smoke around her head happened a couple times in the mid 90s and a bunch of times on Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I'm definitely loving it more and more, and I feel its the strongest design after Northstar and Aurora. I kinda get rebellious teenage daughter (even though she isn't that young) vibes from it, and I think that works for Lorna IMO.
    Teenage rebellion? Perhaps somewhat, but also with a somewhat modernized HoM feel to the outfit.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2020 at 10:01 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    another thing: there isnt a single magneto/house of m symbolism or even shared shapes, this is totaly lorna and for lorna wich I truly enjoy and apreciate

lorna with the belly exposed is so 2000s