Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1765

There's basically everything I like about Lorna that could become a very long post, but what I love most is her tenacity as a survivor. She's been through so much hell in her life, but she's still fighting on, adamantly refusing to disappear in spite of so many forces in her life that have attempted to knock her down or abuse her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Happy anniversary to Lorna!

I've always loved Polaris' journey of self-discovery. Going from a woman who largely didn't want to be involved, to Mutant royalty fighting for her people. It's been wonderful to see her growth as a character.

I have loved Lorna getting some screen time in X-men and Sword event. Still craving more! I really don’t like Polaris pigeonholed into X-Factor all the time. Lorna needs a great story arc where we get her past explored more in detail and an explanation of her relationships with the original X-men detailed in the present. For example, we are still waiting for a Jean and Lorna dialogue that explains where they presently at. How come we haven’t seen them together hanging out or in battle? Does Jean resent Lorna for some reason? Why hasn’t Jean helped her more in the past with her mental state? Malice? Jean could easily have freed her from Malice but she didn’t. Neither did Xavier! That’s what’s needed here.

in honor of Lorna's anniversary. May 2021 bring great things.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

X-FACTOR 7 COVER Ivan Shavrin

X-FACTOR #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by DAVID BALDEÓN
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING?
    A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.
    Last edited by juan678; 10-29-2020 at 11:36 AM.

https://www.cbr.com/x-factor-polaris...variant-cover/
    We'd already planned on having X-Factor report to the Five for obvious resurrection work reasons," Williams said, "but I asked [Jonathan Hickman and X-Men editor Jordan D. White] if we could focus a significantly greater concentration on the Five to not only help develop their evolving group dynamic, but also how they come to establish each resurrection protocol."

"In X-Factor #1 we present a kind of game via the data pages, and I want to encourage reader participation in figuring it all out because I love all y'all's questions," she added. "[...] I made a love letter in the form of our new X-Factor Investigations; which is full of intrigue, action, sexiness, and secret bread-crumb trails for you to find."

"The entire series is layered with clues about mutant resurrection's ultimate end-game," she concluded, "but you'll have to keep reading to figure it all out."
    Last edited by juan678; 10-29-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Continue to enjoy Polaris' messing with the ground/rock.

Very meh on the "dark force manipulating" thing. We'll see how that pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    I have loved Lorna getting some screen time in X-men and Sword event. Still craving more! I really don’t like Polaris pigeonholed into X-Factor all the time. Lorna needs a great story arc where we get her past explored more in detail and an explanation of her relationships with the original X-men detailed in the present. For example, we are still waiting for a Jean and Lorna dialogue that explains where they presently at. How come we haven’t seen them together hanging out or in battle? Does Jean resent Lorna for some reason? Why hasn’t Jean helped her more in the past with her mental state? Malice? Jean could easily have freed her from Malice but she didn’t. Neither did Xavier! That’s what’s needed here.
    I'm increasingly convinced that Lorna needs a well-depicted and promoted solo, mini, or oneshot because of these kind of issues, with a heavy lean toward the former two. Those kind of books require the kind of dedicated thought and research from a writer and editor that Lorna will never receive as simply a team member on someone else's team.

I'm not putting as much stock into a oneshot now because I can easily see such a book getting a hasty script to churn it out and move on, whereas a solo or mini requires a more consistent time and effort commitment. There's more at stake for the writer, editor, and Marvel if they need the quality of treatment of Lorna to remain good over several months, compared to a oneshot where they can just throw it out there and forget it. I'm also moving away from "or team leader on a book" because I increasingly think there's a risk of Lorna's needs and background getting ignored in a climate where there are so many other characters that also need (and deserve) attention. We've seen that happen to her repeatedly on team books.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    in honor of Lorna's anniversary. May 2021 bring great things.

Thanks for sharing!

It's the Halloween times, therefore time for me to share the Halloween commission I got with BoxOfWant of Lorna and Wanda last year.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    X-FACTOR 7 COVER Ivan Shavrin

X-FACTOR #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by DAVID BALDEÓN
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING?
    A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.
    I like them showing Polaris as powerful and manipulating the ground. But is it only because of this "dark force"?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Continue to enjoy Polaris' messing with the ground/rock.

Very meh on the "dark force manipulating" thing. We'll see how that pans out.
    The covers have been good, but often misleading. Its been a run of some of the most powerful and assertive covers the character has had. Though that isn't a side of Lorna that has appeared this year other then perhaps in very brief passing.

I will say Lorna took off as a character and one of the things I did like about her in the past was that she evolve from a very meek and personality-less character into one of the most complex Marvel characters who happened to care deeply about mutants and have a heart of Gold, but also could be ruthless and even scary when accomplishing what she believes needs to be done.

For Lorna of late while I've liked the art and that she cares about mutants, her response outside of one or two panels we were only given emotional weakness of the kind we wouldn't see from her not long ago or from Kitty, Storm, Havok, Xavier, Scott, etc. leading a battle or dealing with loss. The 80s/90s influence on this version of Lorna very much can be felt, but I am not feeling the other side that made her a well rounded character and made me interested in her. It might be something that the story explains or deals with in time or not.

Anyway, Phillip Tan art.

Last edited by jmc247; 11-02-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I agree that she has gotten some really cool renditions visually, like artists seem to "get" the potential of Lorna in a way writers are unable to implement? Not sure why that is the case.

For XMen 13 she LOOKED cool but I felt it was demeaning that she was portrayed as too weak to restrain Apoc and needed her dad to do it...

Looking at the upcoming S.W.O.R.D. book I can't help but wish Lorna was there instead of Abigail Brand. Every time I see Abigail Brand I feel like "This is how a cool Lorna ought to be".

XFactor is absolutely not doing it for me re: Lorna. Admittedly issue 4 is a tie-in but it also was VERY meh and confused. Issues 1 2 3 , part of it is the overly expressive art, everyone's faces are way too bug-eyed and open-mouthed all the time, which makes it tough for real pathos or determined dramatics to exist. But also her dialogue idk... she's just too like happy go lucky and normal for me. Not doing it.

Will it change? Doubtful but maybe. (One issue is I think Leah Williams has basically given Rachel Grey the role I would want for Lorna, more the "rebel stoic" and all that)

Makes me wonder where the Lorna from earlier in PoX 5 (or was it HoX 5, either) and then XMen 1 went.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I wasn't really going to say anything before, but I think a) Magneto showing up on SWORD with Brand is intentionally poking at Marvel refusing to give Lorna a book like SWORD, and b) it's also why we've had quite a few scenes of Lorna and Magneto together lately. Since Marvel's aware it would look really bad if they had no Lorna and Magneto interaction while he's off doing stuff with this other green-haired woman on SWORD.

This is a company run by people who subscribe to the "making people mad is good for sales" idea. They're just trying to do it with more finesse now.

About #13, yeah, the "no we can do it" line from Magneto caught my eye as typical. Once again, not as bad as when X-Men Blue had Magneto mansplaining surprise attacks to a survivor of the Genoshan genocide, but in the same vein. There seems to be a growing pattern at Marvel of trying to frame this relationship as "superior and sometimes abusive dad is better than his daughter in every possible way." In other words, trying to give it a depiction that's as toxic as the one Marvel built up with Havok across several decades.

All said, how she's been written on this X-Factor is basically what I expected from the moment it was announced. There have been more covers and panels than I expected, but I don't think they were part of the original plan, nor has the overall goal or perception of her changed for the better at Marvel. Someone can do a lot of big projects featuring Superman and still think poorly of him compared to other characters.

Would anyone have enough patience to show me how to insert images ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Would anyone have enough patience to show me how to insert images ?
    There are a couple ways you can do it.

One is to click what I'm pointing at with the arrow of this picture.

From there you can upload a file, or use the "from URL" tab to use an existing link.

Or, if it's on another site, you can use the tag listed here under image. Clicking the "Image example" link on the right gives you a real functional example of what it should look like.

https://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

I always take the second route where I type in the tags myself, and upload the pictures to Imgur as my image host before posting them here. You could do a search for image hosting sites if you want to try something else. Imgur provides share links you can use, one of which is ready made BB code so you can just copy it and paste it.

It's best not to just copy the link of an image (like from a wiki) and use that, because those links may be temporary, or the site might take the image down some day. It's best to upload the picture to an image hosting site so you have control over it and can trust it'll be there for at least a while.

wikihow also has a video in case that helps: https://www.wikihow.com/Upload-Images-in-BBCode

Thanks !!^^