Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    This is solved pretty easily by taking her off X-Factor, which she shouldn't have been put on in the first place.
    yeah well we know thats not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah well we know thats not happening
    There are at least two ways it could.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Should Polaris take Jean's seat on the Quiet Council?
    There are a few routes that could open for her to get back into the political mix, but she needs an underlying motivation.

Nice graphics. The voice actor is strong as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-01-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There are at least two ways it could.
    I am praying that Polaris will get a seat on the Council, I’m sure Marvel won’t do it but I really hope so.

I agree. Technically Lorna is not an original X-Men member, but she has been around since the late sixties which is ALMOST original(she was there after the 05, but before the Giant-Size X-Men including Storm and Nightcrawler). BTW, her and her father may have the same powers(besides some small/minor differences)but they have different minds and Polaris while not ‘evil’ lie Magnwto(don’t worry, I know Magneto isn’t evil, he’s my favorite mutant and I actually believe in him and am obsessed, I’m just using evil as a general and loose term)she’s also no Jean Grey, she had somewhat lost faith in humanity and it’ll throw an Ace card into the Summers part of the Council, I have a feeling she will disagree with Magneto in some stuff and agree with Mags on others.(which may upset the Summers council members). Plus I am MAD about how they’re pushing her to the side in X-Factor, they should make her leader, unless she’s going to be doing something important outside of X-Factor. P.S. Lorna survived the Genosha genocide, I feel like everyone forgets that...and she has lead teams effectively before and is powerful and wise. Please please! Marvel! Put her on the Council if it’s the last thing you do, I am desperate.

And Magneto will pretty much have his own faction(which will create even more conflict)himself, Lorna(who may sometimes be opposed to him, but generally not his enemy she’s obviously always been a better child to him than Pietro and Wanda, especially Pietro)Exodus, Emma, and Namor if he joins the Council in Sinster’s place.

***EXTRA***

Although Marvel probably won’t do this and in this case Beast in my second option, he’s VERY SHADY with his genocide and racism and it will cause conflict and drama(and what’s a story without that?)

And if Mister Sinister is booted(although that may be difficult because I’m sure he’ll have some kind of backup plan, plus he helped create the resurrection process and what if he finds some way to tamper them/take them away. In one reality he did betray mutant kind so I am nervous about what he may do)he should be replaced with Namor(he and Magneto-And Emma kind of have an alliance of sorts if you read Giant Size XMen Magneto you’ll see it there)who I think would obey but would create conflict and funny moments with his arrogance, and irrationality.

Then I also think that after Shaw is dealt with Selene should take his place, because she has ties with the hellfire club and her and Emma can EASILY be antagonists(I know she’s pretty evil, but you need some kind of ‘villain’ of sorts...and her villains will likely be different from Shaw’s...it will be portrayed in a different way that Shaw’s.)

As for Apoc’s seat, I think that an The Arakko should take his place(not Isca...maybe Cypher’s Wife).

And for the Captains...well I’m not sure, but I think maybe Rogue...or Wolverine...hell maybe even Dani Moon!

I’m actually currently writing a fanfic where Lorna comes up with a plan to terraform Genosha and with The Council’s permission is basically made Queen of Genosha. Also, she cuts ties with Havok, her friendship with Jean is emphasized, the fact that she is a VERY EARLY X-men member is emphasized, the fact that she survived Genosha’s genocide is emphasized, the fact that she’s not weak(physically or mentally)and is in fact very strong, that she isn’t so goodie...but not really Magneto type ‘bad’ and resides somewhere in the middle, she’s experienced and wise for her age, she gets into conflict with all the members of X-Factor and ends of leaving(although she and Rachel still stay...close friends), she is put on The Quiet Council in Jean’s place, she is recognized as the heir to The House of M, even some details about her mother and stepfather and foster parents, her complicated but not entirely negative or destructive relationship with her father they actually have some wholesome moments, she gene runs into Pietro...and they have a productive chat.

I just got so mad with Marvel with how they treat Polaris! Part of it is because I’ve become obsessed with her. But also because she’s just so amazing, and I want her to be better in the comics. But no! So I have to take things into my own hands. But i’ll Still continue to read all X-men Comics and Fantastic Four(not Avengers or any of them...not my thing)including X-Factor which comes out tomorrow. Good preview am excited, but still annoyed at the fact taht Polaris being on there will likely be a waist...

spoilers:
    Lorna didn't appear much in X-Factor #5, but since the issue was a love letter to the New X-Men (after all this time in limbo (admittedly they never stopped having a few appearances but it was always only focused on Glob, Quire and sometimes Armor), they really deserved this attention) I must admit that I liked it a lot
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yay the house of M has expanded in a way as Lorna is now the proud momma to a one week old rockslide. I can see why Leah wrote lorna "over the top" now it's because Rockslide only memory when rachel did her chronoskimming is of lorna holding his remains and crying about how sorry she was so Rockslide has been repeating lorna this whole time." At the end they are sitting together watching the aurora borialis. I think these two will be very protective of each other and it's kind of cool the sculptress of metal has a son of minerals."
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Lorna is getting too attached to Rockslide for my liking. He's a new thing for her to obsess over and Im already weary
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-02-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Lorna is getting too close to Rockslide for my liking. He's a new thing for her to obsess over and Im already weary
    What’s wrong with seeing a maternal side to Lorna?

We’ve even seen the maternal side to Emma Frost with her students.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Lorna has a tendency to form unhealthy attachments. I'm cautious especially since Rockslide isnt himself but more of a husk with limited mental facilities. Its weird

Lorna has a tendency to form unhealthy attachments. I'm cautious especially since Rockslide isnt himself but more of a husk with limited mental facilities. Its weird
    He doesn't have limited mental facilities though, Rachel made it very clear that is all there is. He is literally only a week old with his only memory being a woman cradling him crying. For all intents and purposes he is a baby not mentally challenged.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Lorna has agency in this relationship.

Let her have it.

Would you prefer to see her back with Havok for the 8th thousandth time?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm here for the Lorna and Daken's friendship. Complicated relationships with their fathers making them like siblings was cute. Really nice to see a writer try to flesh out Polaris' platonic relationships.

Lorna taking on a mentorship with Rockslide is cute, and makes sense seeing as to what's happened previously in X-Factor.

Let her have it.

relationship? I wasnt alluding to anything romantic which would be disgusting on her part given his mental state. And who said anything about Havok as an alternative option for her?

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    I am praying that Polaris will get a seat on the Council, I’m sure Marvel won’t do it but I really hope so.

I agree. Technically Lorna is not an original X-Men member, but she has been around since the late sixties which is ALMOST original(she was there after the 05, but before the Giant-Size X-Men including Storm and Nightcrawler). BTW, her and her father may have the same powers(besides some small/minor differences)but they have different minds and Polaris while not ‘evil’ lie Magnwto(don’t worry, I know Magneto isn’t evil, he’s my favorite mutant and I actually believe in him and am obsessed, I’m just using evil as a general and loose term)she’s also no Jean Grey, she had somewhat lost faith in humanity and it’ll throw an Ace card into the Summers part of the Council, I have a feeling she will disagree with Magneto in some stuff and agree with Mags on others.(which may upset the Summers council members). Plus I am MAD about how they’re pushing her to the side in X-Factor, they should make her leader, unless she’s going to be doing something important outside of X-Factor. P.S. Lorna survived the Genosha genocide, I feel like everyone forgets that...and she has lead teams effectively before and is powerful and wise. Please please! Marvel! Put her on the Council if it’s the last thing you do, I am desperate.

And Magneto will pretty much have his own faction(which will create even more conflict)himself, Lorna(who may sometimes be opposed to him, but generally not his enemy she’s obviously always been a better child to him than Pietro and Wanda, especially Pietro)Exodus, Emma, and Namor if he joins the Council in Sinster’s place.
    I think most people that know much about Lorna are aware she survived the Genoshan genocide and Marvel should be acknowledging and using it, it's just that Marvel chooses to completely ignore it because it's inconvenient for their view of her as a random D-lister from the 90s. All the problems Lorna has of key history ignored, potential wasted, etc comes down to Marvel refusing to set aside their negative biases and take a genuine look at her.

I think Uncanny X-Men #442-443 captured her philosophical stance well, by showing that she's not hardline Magneto or Xavier (in the traditional sense), but somewhere in between. It goes back to her introductory story in X-Men #49-50 setting her up as struggling between siding with the "morally good" X-Men or "obeying the evil blood" of her father.

What I've picked up with X-Factor is that the overall goal of her usage seems to be a mix of how she can be exploited to build up Northstar and the other members as a supporting character for them, and how she can be used as sales bait. Ironically, the book would be in better shape if Lorna wasn't on it. Without her, its focus would be 100% on spotlighting characters often underestimated in and out of fiction. With her, a ton of time and resources have to be spent on trying to make people think X-Factor is a good place for her and she isn't getting screwed over by being on it. Sidelining her in this manner worked 10 years ago when most people didn't even know she existed. It doesn't work today, post-Gifted, when she's more well-known and people are more aware of her history and worth. It feels very much like a fanboy wanting to put the genie back in the bottle, and hoping sticking Lorna on X-Factor as a team member and blocking her from doing things that are actually appropriate for her will make it happen.

The fanfic you're working on sounds interesting, and much better treatment of her than what we've seen from Marvel.

Marvel refuses to acknowledge Lorna's value as her own character and properly acknowledge and use her in any meaningful way. That's the problem.

So much of her history has been focused on how she can be misused to benefit anyone that isn't her, ESPECIALLY male characters. Back when Gifted put forth its pregnancy plot for its version of Lorna, in its very first episode, I was immediately leery of that idea because I could see how very easily it had the potential to basically turn her into a supporting character for the baby, killing off everything else possible for her in the process. I was proven right with Gifted season 2.

This is no different. This "baby" will not expand her horizons. It will further limit her. Just as being on X-Factor itself limits her, as previously pointed out with how being on X-Factor seemingly means she's not allowed to be on the Council. Something like this would only be good and appropriate as a follow-up to having her character thoroughly explored and past mistreatment corrected. That has not happened. Making this entire idea flat out wrong.

We're not seeing development. We're seeing character assassination in the guise of "development."

Let her have it.

Funny you say that, because I wouldn't be surprised if the original idea was for her to have Havok's baby and it only got changed to this because of concerns it could hold Havok back along with Lorna.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)