Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1765

That’s another good point. In hindsight of how characters were ultimately treated, it’s probably best that Lorna wasn’t there for that run. But at the time, without that hindsight, it’s something I was for.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Looks like a great showing for Lorna in X of Swords kickoff. On the costume note, I understand the concept presented that characters should/could wear different costumes all the time as long as they qualify as “mutant clothes” but reverting her to her old costume and disregarding her X-Factor look, when her teammates are shown in theirs, signals discontinuity.
    Discontinuity, lack of editorial character visual guide, and sorta disrespect for the design of another artist.

I wish Baldeon’s character design were used to give the crossover a clear sense of the current mutant moment, rather than have Lorna looking like she’s had no visual development since her days of wearing that suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Looks like a great showing for Lorna in X of Swords kickoff. On the costume note, I understand the concept presented that characters should/could wear different costumes all the time as long as they qualify as “mutant clothes” but reverting her to her old costume and disregarding her X-Factor look, when her teammates are shown in theirs, signals discontinuity.
    Discontinuity, lack of editorial character visual guide, and sorta disrespect for the design of another artist.

I wish Baldeon’s character design were used to give the crossover a clear sense of the current mutant moment, rather than have Lorna looking like she’s had no visual development since her days of wearing that suit.

The intent that I got was that Lorna wasn't on that mission under the banner of her X Factor job. She was there representing the House of M and therefore donned her classic costume. Similar to how a Magneto donned his classic costume when he went to battle the Cotari.

yeah and IMO her X-Factor costume looks like street clothes and would make her look out of place nad not in a good way with the rest of that team. I think giving her feats and hte battle, her classic costume looked better in those panels than her X-Factor one would have

BANNED

i mean it' cool that she has difrent clothes to difrent roles, it show's she multifaceted

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Honestly, I do wish we could see Pepe draw Polaris' new costume. Though I think the X-jammer costume looks more regal, and that's probably why it was preferred in that instance.

by Mike Anderson

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris in X-Factor #4.

Ha! They arent even drawing her in her X-Factor suit in her own book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ha! They arent even drawing her in her X-Factor suit in her own book
    Well this probably takes place immediately after Creations.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well this probably takes place immediately after Creations.
    It does but in this era that hasnt really mattered. Take Monet in the GS issues. She was wearing her Gen X costume in Fantomex but in her modern suit in the Storm issue which picks up exactly where that left off

Lorna is holding a piece of Rockslide.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

My "no prize" explanation is that in XoS she's a "soldier" acting on behalf of Krakoa, in X-Factor (not the XoS chapters) she's an investigative agent fulfilling her X-F duties. Different costumes for different job descriptions.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My "no prize" explanation is that in XoS she's a "soldier" acting on behalf of Krakoa, in X-Factor (not the XoS chapters) she's an investigative agent fulfilling her X-F duties. Different costumes for different job descriptions.
    that makes sense which explains why Rachel was in her XF look bc she was just doing a TP probe on Krakoa and not in the war battle