Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The Phil Cho art is nice!

Given it's Valentine's Day, I think it's well worth my doing to re-post the Lorna x Jean piece I had commissioned earlier this year!
    OK - Lorna is lesbian.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Gambit was overcome by the back to the 90s bug going around.

I thought there was a fair bit of potential with the Wolverine/Polaris stuff Austen was setting up. Mind you it was an era Logan and her father had been in a blood feud so it was supposed to color it. His run probably needed another year to get there as he decided on slow burn. I thought there was some real potential with Gambit and Lorna, but PAD didn't hit the ground running with it and there is no slow burn in todays comics. If you don't have it planned for characters to take the next step by 7-14 issues in it won't happen.

Writers because Lorna is a woman tend to want to slow roll her into intimate relationships while her ex has been with any number of women (confirmed and heavily implied), because they don't have the same hang up. That is one of the reasons why her ex is the only sexual partner she ever had at least confirmed.

I thought second run PAD's Lorna was far more interesting then his first, but his scripts weren't as good and some of his good ideas he couldn't make work. I haven’t liked all the early 90s nostalgia around Lorna of late. At least with the promotion they are showing more then one era in her history and I give kudos where its due such as with that. But, I don't know what Leah's ethos on Lorna is as yet and I can't wait to find out.
    The reason is that writers often use Alex as a anchor to Lorna characterization. But Alex has more freedom because he is male. Male characters are easy to write on their own and them often also use his little brother drama with Scott

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Also a great Lorna x Gambit piece that blushingphoenix commissioned from Patricio Oliver.

Im a supporter and love this!

Does anyone have any good pictures of Polaris when she was superstrong on Muir Island?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Does anyone have any good pictures of Polaris when she was superstrong on Muir Island?
    I didn't haven any, and I struggled to find some that looked good, but here's what I could find thus far:

Thankfully and largely due to creative staff changes at Marvel it wasn’t made permanent as it really was planned to be the end of Polaris Mistress of Magnetism.

From Marvel Age #85.

Her new code name was planned to be Synergy.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-16-2020 at 07:27 PM.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Her new code name was planned to be Synergy.
    I recall reading something SOMEWHERE that said her name during her muscular period was intended to be "Powerhouse". Seems like the Reavers were laying the groundwork for that. In any case, I like that we went back to magnetics, and the strength deal was just a Claremonetism.

I know Erik Larson planned X-Factor run which never happened was going to go with Claremont’s vision for her powers may not have had the code name Claremont was batting around at the time. I wouldn’t be surprised if more then one code name was under debate.

From April 1991
    Kevin M. Moore

original plans for a re-vamped Lorna Dane were to have her
    gain the powers of enhanced strength, invunerability, and size, at the
    cost of "leeching" the life-force and sanity of those around her.
    A similar concept was used in the original version of Longshot. In his
    case, his luck power was a focus of ALL the luck of all the people in a
    surrounding area. This resulted in his being a 'luck sponge' and his
    comrades became proportionately UN-lucky.

Lorna's new superhero name was supposed to have been "Synergy." In the
    marvel bullpen, synergy is a combination of energy and sin. Lorna's
    leeching is a "sin," and her energy manifests as three of the MOST
    boring, overused powers in the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2020 at 08:33 PM.

I've noticed in the Twitter meme of "top 10 X-Men to get to know me" that most (not all, but most) that list Polaris do not list Havok. Which I'd say kinda says that interest in her is not merely an extension of interest in Havok, contrary to what Marvel seems to think.

Though knowing Marvel, they'll probably try to claim it means they need to force Havok on her more, since they're looking for any excuse to do it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

All of that Sinergy/synergy plans sounded like so much over-complicated rubbish.
    When Claremont could find no good stories to write for his characters his default plan is to turn them into something else...either by taking away their powers or by changing them irrevocably.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Bronze Age Polaris

Last edited by jmc247; 02-18-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Lorna is cosplaying as Morrigan

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna is cosplaying as Morrigan

Awesome cover Thanks Havok83

Okay, that is actually cool art. If I were supporting the book, I’d try to get that variant. I’m not, though, so it’s a moot point.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

It's cute.

I do love that of the three variants thus far, Polaris has been included on all of them. Happy to see that.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 02-19-2020 at 12:36 PM.