Page 24 of 118 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Really nice varient. Also, this mini solicitation came out today.

It’s going to be a battle so monumental that it’ll take the entire writing crew of the X-Men to depict it! The intergalactic visitors coming to Earth in Marvel’s 2020 event will be arriving just in time to face off against an army of mutant undead this May in EMPYRE: X-MEN. Don’t miss the X-Men’s strange return to Genosha in this unpredictable series written by all your favorite current X-Men writers. It all begins in EMPYRE: X-MEN #1 written by Head of X Jonathan Hickman and writer of Excalibur, Tini Howard, and continues in EMPYRE: X-MEN #2 written by Gerry Duggan (Marauders), Benjamin Percy (X-Force, Wolverine), and Leah Williams, writer of the highly anticipated series, X-Factor.

https://www.newsarama.com/49089-muta...yre-x-men.html
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-28-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lorna is cosplaying as Morrigan

I love this variant so much!! Dark Phoenix Rachel & Dragon Princess Lorna!!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris by Artingbear.

https://artingbear.tumblr.com/post/1...not-making-any

So excited to see fanart of Lorna in her new costume. Hopefully we'll be seeing more.

BANNED

I unironicaly love the skull symbolism on lorna and I think it makes sense by her experiences in genosha, to have a skull or two in her costume

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I unironicaly love the skull symbolism on lorna and I think it makes sense by her experiences in genosha, to have a skull or two in her costume
    its also a call back to her original costume

BANNED

its also a call back to her original costume

yeah i just love that costume so so much

A Rachel fan on Twitter proposed the idea of the cover as Rachel = Phoenix, Polaris = dragon, and I think that's an interesting idea. That the equivalent of a Phoenix force for Rachel could be some kind of equal yet different Dragon power for Lorna. It would also fit well with the concept of Lorna as a knight/warrior type. We've seen Lorna in knight armor as Pestilence, and I've always felt Lorna as knight pairs well with Wanda as witch. The myth equivalent may well be Lorna as dragon, here, while continuing with medieval fantasy concepts.

I've also said elsewhere that Lorna would fit well into an X-Men retelling of Arthurian tales, in the role of the Green Knight.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Dragon power? No, just god no

Dragon power? No, just god no

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Polaris by Artingbear.

https://artingbear.tumblr.com/post/1...not-making-any

So excited to see fanart of Lorna in her new costume. Hopefully we'll be seeing more.
    That belly-window really looks...weird.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Outfit by Lyraejean.

And, Lorna by Lolo

Last edited by jmc247; 02-26-2020 at 07:49 AM.

I didn't get the whole Storm, Magneto electromagnetic control thing but alright...

Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Really nice varient. Also, this mini solicitation came out today.

And in Spanish.

this is portuguese

Some fanart made by aquila-leo on Tumblr. Shows remaining interest in the family, and that these things resonated with fans even if Marvel thinks they didn't (or more likely, would rather ignore it).

I have another post to make after this.

Art by minocitaarts

And then there's this video about powers Lorna has via her electromagnetism.

Overall, I think this video is awesome and I'm glad it was made. I read all the comments on it that were present this afternoon, and it was great to see the support for Lorna within them. It was also very refreshing to have something with the focus actually on Lorna and what she can do.

What caught me a bit by surprise was the comment about Lorna having immortality because of her geomagnetic link. This is taken from her entry on the Marvel wikia page. I'm unaware of when or if this was suggested in any comics (vs if this was just something a person threw onto her wikia page), but I fully accept this as it fits a headcanon I have of Lorna being unknowingly immortal due to her electromagnetism.

The video pretty clearly takes from the wikia page in general, actually. Cause I've also never heard of that bio-hazard containment suit outside of what that wiki page says.

With that in mind, the things I disagree on about the video are really disagreements with basing Lorna's nature on what Marvel says which then went into her wiki article. The first one being the whole "alpha mutant" thing, by virtue that 1) those classifications should be abolished, but if they persist then 2) Lorna should be omega due to Magneto being omega.

The other disagreement being the idea that Lorna, despite being the Mistress of Magnetism, is more limited on use of the electromagnetic spectrum than Storm. Which I find absurd. Like saying Flash, the premier speedster of the DC universe, is slower than Superman. There's definitely overlap between the two characters, but a character whose powers aren't specialized in an area shouldn't be greater than a character whose powers are specialized in that area. I certainly wouldn't expect Lorna to be better than Storm at influencing weather patterns and elements like the air or water, or have a deeper connection with the Earth than Storm has, but likewise Storm shouldn't be better at tapping into the whole EM spectrum than Lorna.