Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
There is a deeper implied problem with that line.

Back when there was discussion about Lorna dating someone on X-Factor, I pointed out how Lorna dating Rachel or Daken would screw her over with her peers. Suddenly, Lorna's dynamic with Jean goes from once close friends who served on the X-Men at its earliest days, to a mom and her daughter's girlfriend. It's a de-aging without actual de-aging.

Daken saying he views Lorna "like a sister" obviously isn't as severe, but it's in the same ball park. It's framing her as Daken's peer, in turn implying she's not Wolverine's.

If Daken had said "you're like a sister to me" to Jean, how would people feel about that? I have a feeling most people would see that as disrespectful given their history, particularly given Jean's history with Wolverine. And if that's true, then you have to question why it would be considered wrong for Daken to say it about Jean but it's somehow okay to say it about Lorna.
Its not suddenly. Lorna got close to Rachel 18 years ago (damn its been that long) when they were in space together. As for Daken, he is like 60-70 years old. Being peers with her doesnt deage her. She's also peers with Northstar and nothing has been done with his age