Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Well Lorna did have that exhibitionist phase, so I wouldn't say it's too out there for her. I think the artist depicts her a bit younger than I would imagine, but that might just be their style. I know the clothes play a big part in that as well, but she might look more mature under a different artist's interpretation.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Like with Jean Grey, I prefer Lorna not have crap on her head or face. She is more "liberated" looking without it honestly, and can move more freely.

The halo effect I"m not sold on as of yet but it's an interesting way to try to give her a visual uniqueness. We'll have to find out how it comes across in the issues
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

I hope she doesn't completely go yellow with the power signature. Vibrant green looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the yellow hallow would look awesome in conjuction with her headress and the rest of her power signature imo
    I generally think a good idea might be to use it infrequently as telepathic protection before big battles not when doing investigative work sort of like what Claremont did with Magneto when he had him ditch the helmet in the 80s.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope she doesn't completely go yellow with the power signature. Vibrant green looks great.
    Same here. I like the green energy signature.

I'm also a fan of the tiara, especially when it looks dangerously like an M hahaha. But I hope the new power signature will be a worthy replacement.

Agreed with you all, green colored for her EM force is a must. Greenish yellowish is fine but I actually loved the green with those black/yellow "spots" the tv show did.

As for what jmc said, the "halo" could be a psychic protection well.. don't they have Rachel to cover that though? I mean it might be that , we'll see.

Could be another subtle hint about how Lorna has the ability to keep her mind away from even Rachel suggesting ulterior motivations for her on this squad

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Well Lorna did have that exhibitionist phase
    In terms of exotic wear and showing skin its nothing compared to many designs she had.

I thought a comparison would be interesting.

Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2020 at 06:34 PM.

BANNED

the yellow makes it seem like a modern rendition of her classic 70's costume.

That's not... a fair comparison at all. She was supposed to be shown off as a "royal princess" or object. She didn't really have much of an active role in HoM. This is her as part of an organized squad.

It's not SUPER showy or anything but it just makes her seem a bit more "wild" we'll see though, if it fits into her total characterization then fine

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the yellow makes it seem like a modern rendition of her classic 70's costume.
    You mean original 60s costume? She actually did wear it one time during the late 70s as well, but her normal 70s costume was virtually all green except the skull choker.

As for the HoM comparison I wasn’t making one AN at least not how you seem to think, I was making the point in terms of skin for Lorna outfits it’s not particularly far nor is it particularly wild for Lorna to show some of her stomach even her classic and space outfits did that as did your Jean like X-Men Blue outfit for Lorna you love.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-12-2020 at 02:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You mean original 60s costume? She actually did wear it one time during the late 70s as well, but her normal 70s costume was virtually all green except the skull choker.

As for the HoM comparison I wasn’t making one AN at least not how you seem to think, I was making the point in terms of skin for Lorna outfits it’s not particularly far nor is it particularly wild for Lorna to show some of her stomach even her classic and space outfits did that as did your Jean like X-Men Blue outfit for Lorna you love.
    yes 60's, yea

I like the new costume

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    I like the new costume
    Me too! It's a flexible look that can easily be added to if the artist chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Me too! It's a flexible look that can easily be added to if the artist chooses.
    Flexible and easy to accessorize? I would broadly agree.

The outfit feels for the most part like Lorna, her X-Men Blue outfit felt like Jean which I suspect is why I didn’t take to it.