Page 22 of 118 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    lorna with the belly exposed is so 2000s
    Its not as uh... mature as the one back then, but I saw a few parallels too including the hang down green sleeves.

In terms of her space outfit it was a weaker knock off of her original. Most people including myself had reasons to be unhappy with it. Though it included enough typical Lorna iconography to come back at the end of multiple books. Hopefully, in the future when they are thinking of returning to a back to the beginning look they come up with something better.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-13-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Astonishing Member

Don't like the new outfit. It doesn't look age appropriate -- looks like something a teenager would wear. I understand that it's a team uniform -- so it's very lacking in personality. I guess it succeeds as far as uniformity is concerned, but I'm not a fan. On the other hand, at least it's not a watered down version of a previous outfit -- like the one she's been wearing. Always felt the Neal Adams era one was far better.
    Last edited by kcekada; 02-13-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think she got the best costume of the branch. I like it. Rachel's good too. I do not like Prodigy's and Eye-Boy's.
    Well, I can't disagree. Northstar's outfit is a nicely designed -- but again -- not really suited for the character whose primary power is speed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    My one thing I will notice that could be a negative is I feel she seems portrayed a bit "youngish" doesn't she? I mean she ought to be equivalent in age to the O5 (which in my headcanon is like... at least mid 30s). She was already a civilian adult with Havok in the 1970s era so yeah it's a little regressive for her to look so kinda cute and spunky here. But it can work we'll just find out.

Unless she's been retconned to a teenager -- it's not going to work.

Most artists are going to be too lazy to draw the entirety of the new costume. I'm certain it will lose an element or more to it.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siena Blaze View Post
    Most artists are going to be too lazy to draw the entirety of the new costume. I'm certain it will lose an element or more to it.
    Another point in favor of BLUE/Exiles type sleek costume. All-New XFactor was good but in a subversive "make you think" way, like it looked kinda ugly but that was on purpose because you're supposed to get vibes of like "This is how private powerful corporations create uniformity and obedience nowadays even for superpowered characters"
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

new costume??? eeee I love it. Especially the sleeves . Ill learn to live without a headdress bc it obvs doesn't fit with the aesthetic

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    lorna with the belly exposed is so 2000s
    its a renaissance if you will

It's Mystique in a wig.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

"The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

The Phil Cho art is nice!

Given it's Valentine's Day, I think it's well worth my doing to re-post the Lorna x Jean piece I had commissioned earlier this year!

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    In much better news, the piece I commissioned from Fosslis is complete!

There's a NSFW variant of them naked as well, which I'm not posting here for obvious reasons. I'll be saying where the NSFW variant can be found on my other social media accounts.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Also a great Lorna x Gambit piece that blushingphoenix commissioned from Patricio Oliver.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Also a great Lorna x Gambit piece that blushingphoenix commissioned from Patricio Oliver.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polaris and Gambit fans make some noise! Its super cute.

Wonder if someone's a fan of the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon?

Might not be. I'd see them working, if not for Remy's prior attachment. Themes of legacy, family abandonment issues, being outsiders of a sort, having cool powers, being unafraid to criticise the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Wonder if someone's a fan of the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon?

Might not be. I'd see them working, if not for Remy's prior attachment. Themes of legacy, family abandonment issues, being outsiders of a sort, having cool powers, being unafraid to criticise the X-Men.
    Some of these reasons are why I feel they could have worked well together. Its a shame it never came to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Some of these reasons are why I feel they could have worked well together. Its a shame it never came to fruition.
    Gambit was overcome by the back to the 90s bug going around.

I thought there was a fair bit of potential with the Wolverine/Polaris stuff Austen was setting up. Mind you it was an era Logan and her father had been in a blood feud so it was supposed to color it. His run probably needed another year to get there as he decided on slow burn. I thought there was some real potential with Gambit and Lorna, but PAD didn't hit the ground running with it and there is no slow burn in todays comics. If you don't have it planned for characters to take the next step by 7-14 issues in it won't happen.

Writers because Lorna is a woman tend to want to slow roll her into intimate relationships while her ex has been with any number of women (confirmed and heavily implied), because they don't have the same hang up. That is one of the reasons why her ex is the only sexual partner she ever had at least confirmed.

I thought second run PAD's Lorna was far more interesting then his first, but his scripts weren't as good and some of his good ideas he couldn't make work. I haven’t liked all the early 90s nostalgia around Lorna of late. At least with the promotion they are showing more then one era in her history and I give kudos where its due such as with that. But, I don't know what Leah's ethos on Lorna is as yet and I can't wait to find out.
    Last edited by jmc247; 02-15-2020 at 07:23 AM.