Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I suppose my hope was that since Marvel has always had an obsession with Magneto having children and Wanda and Pietro not being able to fill those roles in the MCU anymore, they might finally introduce Lorna. She's never been in the X-Films before so that would be a novel addition to their new line of films. However, if this report has any veracity to it, it sounds like she's being snubbed again and for whatever reason, they want to bring back Havok. That surprised me because he already had a series of films and he was completely forgettable in all of them. The only thing I can think of is that they want to do something with the Summers-Grey bloodline so they feel the need to throw him in there as well and that's a real shame that Havok gets another seat at the table yet again, and Lorna doesn't even exist.

If the movies could give Lorna a chance, they would completely rehabilitate public perception of her no matter how badly the comics have treated her. At the end of the day, most people aren't familiar with the comics but practically everyone sees the movies. Jean, Storm, and Mystique have become iconic enough from multiple films, plus video games, TV shows, etc. so Lorna as new blood could have added that extra element. As for Emma, frankly she's not known at all outside of the comics and even then only with contemporary readers and not the so-called old guard, so I don't consider her a danger to Lorna at all, provided Marvel would give Lorna a chance to shine in film.
    I won't say its set in stone yet that Wanda and Pietro won't be his kids at least until I see how the WandaVision show and Strange film shake out. Its not a hard retcon if they want to do it, but if there are no strong signs they are going that route soon it probably won't happen.

Lorna banking on her connection to Magneto alone to get a seat at the table is far from a sure fire bet no matter what they do with Wanda and Pietro. If they set Magneto up as the Thanos of the X-Men's first big phase that the team builds up to fighting over the course of many films then Lorna probably has a far better shot of showing up with a real role like Nebula or Gamora then what I expect them to do which is a more Loki like plotline for Magneto where they fight him in one film and are uneasy allies in the next one or two and then full partners in time.

The MCU will really need to think well outside the normal comic book box with her if Magneto doesn’t run his own faction.
    Last edited by jmc247; 06-05-2020 at 10:45 AM.