Page 106 of 118 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1765
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I don´t know what was Sinister´s point there I get his actitude of "keep her away from Havok" an oppinion Magneto himself would share given their story but the why exactly is unclear:
    Because Lorna had a normal unbringing with the Danes? Because she´s Magneto´s daughter? or it was a jab at Magneto for not raising her himself? I get Magneto got insulted on Lorna´s behalf but for Sinister those reasons are quite weak and out of place, unless like with Scott he has a chosen romantic partner for Havok and doesn´t want Lorna getting in the way?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-14-2020 at 09:03 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t know what was Sinister´s point there I get his actitude of "keep her away from Havok" an oppinion Magneto himself would share given their story but the why exactly is unclear:
    Because Lorna had a normal unbringing with the Danes? Because she´s Magneto´s daughter? or it was a jab at Magneto for not raising her himself? I get Magneto got insulted on Lorna´s behalf but for Sinister those reasons are quite weak and out of place, unless like with Scott he has a chosen romantic partner for Havok and doesn´t want Lorna getting in the way?
    His point was to agitate Magneto and he succeeded.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Agreed but I don´t think he expected to be send with the hellions
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think you might be reading too much into that scene.
    Sinister was just being his shady melodramatic self. Even if he didn't think Magneto would have reversed his vote, he wouldn't have been able to help himself.
    It can also be seen as a means of connecting the various books to the overall XoS story...maintaining continuity. As with Cable and New Mutants this week.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

A mutual on Tumblr found and shared the panels.

I thought there was a chance maybe the art had something that could lead to a different interpretation, but now I can say after seeing it that my views of it haven't really changed.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Last edited by juan678; 10-15-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Where is this page from?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris looks great in her new costume! Excited to see Lorna popping up again, and having Hickman write her (even if briefly).

This is my favorite portrayal of Lorna in her new uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Where is this page from?
    x-men 13 preview

It seems they took an approach of introducing Lorna in her iconic outfit with the idea that it would allow casual readers to recognize her presence, followed by a shift over to X-Factor's outfit with intent to familiarize readers with her having a different costume. Where it goes from here, we will see.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Even though the quality of the last X-Factor issue is not very good, I'm really happy to see Lorna play an important role in an X-Event
    She's not one of the champions (but I don't mind, it's perfectly understandable that XoS mostly showcases mutants who have always been brilliant swordsmen (except Doug, but Hickman loves him and the character brings originality in this tournament)) but she remains a recurring character

Extraordinary Member

Sinister trolled Magneto, and got exactly what he secretly wanted. Props to Sinister for using Lorna to get under Magneto’s skin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sinister trolled Magneto, and got exactly what he secretly wanted. Props to Sinister for using Lorna to get under Magneto’s skin.
    Exactly or at the very least he's got an opportunity to collect some genetic samples on the Otherworld population. As well as a foolproof contingency plan should he die in Otherworld

I've been thinking about X-Factor #4 a lot since it happened. I've been doing most of my talking about it elsewhere, but I do feel like there's something I should add here.

So in X-Factor #4, we saw Lorna depicted as having a complete breakdown because of Rockslide's death. Blaming herself, wishing she didn't exist, that sort of thing. What keeps really bothering me about this, perhaps most of all, is... if Lorna's reacting this strongly to Rockslide's death, why do we continue to never once see a single thing about her surviving the Genoshan genocide?

Lorna didn't just survive the genocide. She survived it while millions of people specifically begged for her to save them. She was directly asked to help, and she was unable to do so.

There's been talk of X-Factor #4 justified as an extension of her guilt over the Genoshan genocide. She failed to save those millions, and Rockslide's death re-triggered that guilt. That's the idea. But setting aside all the other discussion and points made on this, why is it that Lorna's depicted reacting THIS strongly to the death of one mutant near her while simultaneously never once in all of 15 years thinking or feeling anything about the Genoshan genocide? She's able to spend 15 years carrying on as if the deaths of millions of people who directly asked for her help never happened and had no impact on her, but one mutant dies near her and it's all over?

This is part of why I said maybe context for her behavior in X-Factor #4 would've made it fine. Tying in the Genoshan genocide might have made her reaction more understandable. She's carrying the weight of that event, this moment triggered that weight, and so on. Whether she would behave specifically this way is a different topic, but it would at least have considered her history. Without that, it seems very off for someone to seemingly spend 15 years not caring about the millions who died asking for their help, but then fall apart because one person she hardly knows that never asked for her help died near her.

Her experience with the Genoshan genocide really needs to be used and acknowledged. But if that's never going to happen, then Lorna should be just as unfeeling about Rockslide and any other person's death as she apparently is about those millions. Why should she care about one mutant's death if she can't care about millions of deaths?