Page 113 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    relationship? I wasnt alluding to anything romantic which would be disgusting on her part given his mental state. And who said anything about Havok as an alternative option for her?
    I don’t think they were referring to Lorna having any kind of romantic relationship with Rockslide, you’re right when you say that would be terrible and disgusting. It’s like how if a father has a relationship with his son...the word relationship may have been used but it’s obviously in a familial way, how Lorna sees Rockslide as almost her son.

Also, I don’t think any true Lorna fans want to see her with Havok, certainly not me. I would jump off a bridge if that happened. It’s just good that Lorna has platonic and familial connections and bonds with people(Daken, Rachel, Rockslide, Northstar) and as long as these bonds are healthy and not exploiting and using her then it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    I don’t think they were referring to Lorna having any kind of romantic relationship with Rockslide, you’re right when you say that would be terrible and disgusting. It’s like how if a father has a relationship with his son...the word relationship may have been used but it’s obviously in a familial way, how Lorna sees Rockslide as almost her son.

Also, I don’t think any true Lorna fans want to see her with Havok, certainly not me. I would jump off a bridge if that happened. It’s just good that Lorna has platonic and familial connections and bonds with people(Daken, Rachel, Rockslide, Northstar) and as long as these bonds are healthy and not exploiting and using her then it is a good thing.
    The implication is there when one brings up reuniting with Alex yet again considering their relationship was romantic as an alternative to this

The implication is there when one brings up reuniting with Alex yet again considering their relationship was romantic as an alternative to this
    Well, I’m not really sure why anyone would WANT Lorna to be in a relationship with for all intents and purposes, a baby. But I suppose we can agree to disagree._.

I do have to disagree and say Lorna fans can want to see her with Havok. I don't think wanting that couple inherently means someone isn't a Lorna fan. The key detail is if the person wants what's best for Lorna, and puts that first.

I've long held that while I personally don't want Lorna anywhere near Havok, I think good things can be done with that relationship IF Lorna has past mistreatment fixed and she gets proper use and respect first. Which, thanks to decades worth of mistreatment, requires a lot of time. And work. Both of which Marvel has flat out refused to provide Lorna, seemingly out of a view that she's unworthy of respect. Instead, Marvel seems to think they should take an approach of building Havok up and trying to make it look like Lorna would be lucky to get to be his girlfriend and get a promotional boost through him.

These ideas - Lorna with a child, Lorna x Havok, etc - could be good with the right timing, context and circumstances. But Marvel goes out of its way to do them the exact wrong way at the wrong time.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Personally i just don't see how any lorna fan can be against her being the mother of a literal baby mountain. Given her degree the meta in that is just awesome. LOL.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Salarta: Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i just don't see how any lorna fan can be against her being the mother of a literal baby mountain. Given her degree the meta in that is just awesome. LOL.
    Pretty easy for a Lorna fan to be against it when all it will do is limit her options and keep her from doing any of the things she should actually be doing.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Pretty easy for a Lorna fan to be against it when all it will do is limit her options and keep her from doing any of the things she should actually be doing.
    But he's an indestructible exploding mountain that Lorna's powers work on to nuture as we have seen with her bond with Krakoa. If done well this should be like no other mother son relationship but i guess the key word is if done well. How krakoa is an island i'm imagining rockslide growing into a huge mountain as though Lorna's child will shape the land itself. But i guess im thinking big. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Exactly!

Thank you.

Ive never been big on Rockslide but I find this recent development to be demeaning to him. He was a young adult, a fully formed character and now he's reduced to being mentally immature and trooped around like a pet. I dont find this cute and its not a good look. He just had this sort of with Kwannon and Wild Child and I didnt care for it either. Lorna considering him her "baby" is weird to me. I find it degrading and not a fan of Leah going there with him nor Lorna being in the position to reinforce that with him

Ive never been big on Rockslide but I find this recent development to be demeaning to him. He was a young adult, a fully formed character and now he's reduced to being mentally immature and trooped around like a pet. I dont find this cute and its not a good look. He just had this sort of with Kwannon and Wild Child and I didnt care for it either. Lorna considering him her "baby" is weird to me. I find it degrading and not a fan of Leah going there with him nor Lorna being in the position to reinforce that with him
    I guess it really depends on how you see it. Like from my angle i don't see this as an adult vesion of rockslide he looks like a baby compared to how big santos version was so though he is "Big" i think for his mutation which apparently in this instance was activated since birth, what we are very much seeing before us is a child. But i can see the other side. I don't think it's a disrespect to Rockslide in that he is actually dead and this santos is aware of the death of his former self, something no other rebirthed mutant has been aware of or seen. There was finality. He was reincarnated unfortunately he just hasn't garnered any experience yet.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Magneto has a favorite child, Polaris, and it’s for a reason.

Such a good daughter to her father, such a good girlfriend to Havok(Even though most of the time he DOES NOT Denver it), and just a good friend to everybody. I love Polaris, Magneto’s heir.

I guess it really depends on how you see it. Like from my angle i don't see this as an adult vesion of rockslide he looks like a baby compared to how big santos version was so though he is "Big" i think for his mutation which apparently in this instance was activated since birth, what we are very much seeing before us is a child. But i can see the other side. I don't think it's a disrespect to Rockslide in that he is actually dead and this santos is aware of the death of his former self, something no other rebirthed mutant has been aware of or seen. There was finality. He was reincarnated unfortunately he just hasn't garnered any experience yet.
    It reminds me of what was done with Angel after he died in X-Force and I found that to be incredibly cringeworthy, especially since I was a fan of the original

You guys, I am obsessed. I love this! Especially with ‘The Magneto Helmet’ imagine, Magneto giving this to her as a gift and saying that she is officially his heir...as I will*cough*do in my fanfic.

F209E724-D3AE-4D54-9041-A9B35306386E.jpg

Polaris The Perfect, I worship the ground she walks on.

I’m actually currently writing a fanfic where Lorna comes up with a plan to terraform Genosha and with The Council’s permission is basically made Queen of Genosha. Also, she cuts ties with Havok, her friendship with Jean is emphasized, the fact that she is a VERY EARLY X-men member is emphasized, the fact that she survived Genosha’s genocide is emphasized, the fact that she’s not weak(physically or mentally)and is in fact very strong, that she isn’t so goodie...but not really Magneto type ‘bad’ and resides somewhere in the middle, she’s experienced and wise for her age, she gets into conflict with all the members of X-Factor and ends of leaving(although she and Rachel still stay...close friends), she is put on The Quiet Council in Jean’s place, she is recognized as the heir to The House of M, even some details about her mother and stepfather and foster parents, her complicated but not entirely negative or destructive relationship with her father they actually have some wholesome moments, she gene runs into Pietro...and they have a productive chat.

I just got so mad with Marvel with how they treat Polaris! Part of it is because I’ve become obsessed with her. But also because she’s just so amazing, and I want her to be better in the comics. But no! So I have to take things into my own hands. But i’ll Still continue to read all X-men Comics and Fantastic Four(not Avengers or any of them...not my thing)including X-Factor which comes out tomorrow. Good preview am excited, but still annoyed at the fact taht Polaris being on there will likely be a waist...
    Good to see you on the thread. What was your favorite Genosha related story/ideas for Lorna? I will say one of the issues has had really since the end of 2004 for those who want Lorna to be a middle ground character which she was in 2004 was Magneto returned as a middle ground version of his old Genosha/Fatal Attractions self and he has stayed a middle ground version of his old self. That didn't leave any room for Lorna to be a middle ground version at all without writing her really out of character and much more like Jean then post Genosha Lorna.