Page 78 of 118 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1765

Dang it, Bleeding Cool! I wanted to post that page once the spoiler thread was out.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm sure you can go ahead and start posting images if you wanted. I don't think you have to wait for the spoiler thread.

Lorna was so great in this. Got to love Leah for remembering she had met Krakoa and that she's a geologist.

I have little to say at present. The situation will develop. This is what I will say of what I've seen.

spoilers:
    The placement of Lorna is reminiscent of Gambit on ANXF. The issue only implies things people have wanted but does not actually say them in any meaningful way. Imagine you're a newcomer or casual reader that is not deeply aware of who Lorna is, how long she's existed, or what she's done. Would any part of this lead to you knowing she has a degree in geoscience? How long ago was it that she came to know Krakoa, and what actually happened? Were they lovers? Did they have The Sex 10 years ago and she's waxing nostalgic about their last date? Explicit mention is not needed if those things have been repeated ad nauseum like Wolverine in the Weapon X program or Bruce Wayne's parents getting shot. It matters when Marvel has refused to acknowledge that history in any meaningful way.
    end of spoilers

Nothing I have seen has changed my impressions of the book and where this is headed.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

anyways, this was a great start and im happy to see where this develops.

I was happy to see Lorna kept her green energy signature. Not sure when the yellow will come into play, or if that element is going to be changed/explained.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I was happy to see Lorna kept her green energy signature. Not sure when the yellow will come into play, or if that element is going to be changed/explained.
    also love her enhanced focus on minerals and earth

great issue for Lorna !! I think everyone's already touched on my favourite bits
    it's been so long since I've been this excited about where she's going and where she currently is

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yes! A creative and distinctive use of Polaris' abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    great issue for Lorna !! I think everyone's already touched on my favourite bits
    it's been so long since I've been this excited about where she's going and where she currently is
    I'm excited as well. Eager to see where Williams will take Lorna, and I think it's going to lead to some positive development for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I noted that as well. Don't think I ever heard that before, but I like it for Lorna!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I noted that as well. Don't think I ever heard that before, but I like it for Lorna!
    Yeah. Magneto barely if at all does that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It was featured/mentioned in her appearance at the time she was possessed by Mailce UXM 219.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    XF was a good read imo but not a good showing for Lorna. One of the times a female lead would have been welcomed and not felt forced *kitty* they bestow it on NS who the whole issue showed why he should not be leading anything smh...
    Leah wrote a solid comic. In terms of Lorna it was good that they managed to hit on some important parts of her history and that she was written competently.

The issue left unresolved if Leah can marry a competent Lorna with her more extreme aspects (as season one of The Gifted did) to keep from falling into the old trap of Lorna as the voice of the narrator/the voice of reason. If Lorna has been accused of lacking personality and she has been its because too many runs leaned too hard into her as the team voice of reason. For myself the jury is still out how well the title can join the characters duality.

With that out of the way the comic was a good opening for the title and it deserves to be in fans buy pile.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-29-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It was featured/mentioned in her appearance at the time she was possessed by Mailce UXM 219.
    She manipulated the earth in X-Factor in the 90s as well. Hopefully we continue to see more of it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like these little call-backs to character histories. It shows the writers are doing their homework.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!