Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    There is a deeper implied problem with that line.

Back when there was discussion about Lorna dating someone on X-Factor, I pointed out how Lorna dating Rachel or Daken would screw her over with her peers. Suddenly, Lorna's dynamic with Jean goes from once close friends who served on the X-Men at its earliest days, to a mom and her daughter's girlfriend. It's a de-aging without actual de-aging.

Daken saying he views Lorna "like a sister" obviously isn't as severe, but it's in the same ball park. It's framing her as Daken's peer, in turn implying she's not Wolverine's.

If Daken had said "you're like a sister to me" to Jean, how would people feel about that? I have a feeling most people would see that as disrespectful given their history, particularly given Jean's history with Wolverine. And if that's true, then you have to question why it would be considered wrong for Daken to say it about Jean but it's somehow okay to say it about Lorna.
    Its not suddenly. Lorna got close to Rachel 18 years ago (damn its been that long) when they were in space together. As for Daken, he is like 60-70 years old. Being peers with her doesnt deage her. She's also peers with Northstar and nothing has been done with his age

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    Magneto has a favorite child, Polaris, and it’s for a reason.
    Well she's his only child now.

Christmas just came early.

Lorna's second outfit for Marvel Super War which I questioned if we would ever see again. It was a great outfit that certainly fit the tone of the most visceral, emotional, and consistently high profile era in Lorna's history. We haven't seen her wear this outfit in the comics since 2005 and it appeared briefly in X-Men Legends II art.

Last edited by jmc247; 12-03-2020 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Lorna's second outfit for Marvel Super War which I questioned if we would ever see again. It was a great outfit that certainly fit the tone of the most visceral, emotional, and consistently high profile era in Lorna's history. We haven't seen her wear this outfit in the comics since 2005 and it appeared briefly in X-Men Legends II art.

Oh, my stars and garters... she looks GREAT !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    X-FACTOR 7 COVER Ivan Shavrin

X-FACTOR #7

Written by LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by DAVID BALDEÓN
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    WHO'S THAT KNOCKING?
    A dark force is manipulating the lives of X-FACTOR just as a striking revelation about one of their deaths comes to light.

iN X-factor 5 Lorna and Malicia

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not suddenly. Lorna got close to Rachel 18 years ago (damn its been that long) when they were in space together. As for Daken, he is like 60-70 years old. Being peers with her doesnt deage her. She's also peers with Northstar and nothing has been done with his age
    Fair point on the age part regarding Daken, but I still have issues with it as something that sets a framework of Lorna no longer being considered a peer of Jean, Wolverine, etc like she was and should remain. I either wouldn't have those concerns, or wouldn't have them to the level I do, if Marvel was doing good things for her and/or had been doing them for the past few years. Because they've been treating her poorly, I'm more cognizant to anything that can (and very likely will, from this Marvel) hurt her.

On Rachel, unless there's something I missed, the only thing that comes to mind is when Lorna got sent into space to be a supporting character for Havok on the Starjammers. That started in 2006, so 14 years ago, not 18.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

While I've been against costumes other than some variation of her iconic one as a general rule, I definitely support this one in cases like an alternate for a video game.

I think it's also another show of who Lorna really is and what people see in her when it's not tainted by nostalgia, negative biases based on past misuse, and fandom for other characters at her expense. A real look at Lorna leads to identifying the time period where she wore this costume as incredibly significant and very deserving of an homage. As compared to the X-Men comics, where people working on them seem to somehow think pretending this period never happened and instead regressing her to 90s style treatment is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    iN X-factor 5 Lorna and Malicia

I'm not entirely sure of the meaning to this. I can speculate, but under the whole "don't say specific ideas or else writers can't do them" idea, I'll refrain. I'll just say if this is suggesting what I think it is, it would be a HUGE improvement to the situation in how it would allow for binning how she's been treated on this book and restarting with a more appropriate approach. I'd still say she shouldn't be on X-Factor unless she's doing much more important things outside it (e.g. leading a team with a different book, having a solo book, etc), but improvement is improvement.
    Last edited by salarta; 12-04-2020 at 03:54 AM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I think that's just an accessory Lorna is wearing, not Malice.

yeah Malice is represented as a skull

Incredible Member

Is that game League of Legends with Marvel characters?

Has Lorna having Celestial technology bonded to her been addressed? Does she actually have her powers back or are they merely being simulated by the technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has Lorna having Celestial technology bonded to her been addressed? Does she actually have her powers back or are they merely being simulated by the technology.
    No I dont beleive it has and it isnt likely to ever be brought up. Its a moot point bc she does have her powers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Celestial technology has never been addressed. Neither has the camera that Harrison Snow had installed in her eye while on All-New X-Factor. Marvel ignores about 99% of what Lorna goes through, from stuff that doesn't really matter to things that should be pivotal like her time on Genosha.

In the case of her powers, Five Miles South of the Universe back in 2011-2012 subtly confirmed she's a mutant again. One of the characters (I think Emma Frost) says they've picked up a certain number of mutant signatures among everyone who returned from space, and that number's only possible with Lorna acknowledged as a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Is that game League of Legends with Marvel characters?
    Pretty much.

I had a hell of a time trying to play Marvel Super War. I'm sure I wouldn't have had any problems if I was part of one of the regions it's in, but since I'm not, the ways to play I've tried don't work too well for me. Game keeps freezing, crashing, or not letting me click buttons anymore. I did manage to launch it and get through its tutorial to see how it plays but I can't actually play with anyone, or mess around with menu options because the game forces you to play a match before you can do anything.

I might retry at some point. I kept getting a "no battle servers available" message last time, so maybe during that attempt the game was down or something.

The game's design is one where it's meant to be played on a mobile device, like a tablet. That could be part of why it's not slated for a Western release. A game like this would have its best chance in the West if it was on PC and consoles, not mobile, and it takes resources to port a game, especially one where controls would have to be redone from the original. I do hope it comes to the West at some point though.

Edit: Also, still doing Puzzle Quest. There was a recent offer in that game to get 3 covers of Lorna, so I went ahead with the microtransaction for her. She's actually much better than I expected she would be, as a 4 star. Pairs well with Mohawk Storm who sets a bunch of attack tiles with one power, allowing Lorna to do a ton of damage per turn too (since one of her powers damages based on number of special tiles on the board).
    Last edited by salarta; 12-07-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The celestial tech was just a way to repower Polaris so soon after House of M, and that's what they've done at the point. It's assumed/believed/confirmed that they reignited her X-gene. She's classified as a mutant now, and I guess the tech is defunct at this point now that's its done its job.

Incredible Member

I'm pretty sure she has been repowered as a mutant. Can't remember where it was actually stated, but I think a panel talked a little bit about it.

Have ya'll thought of any potential love interests you'd like to see with her? I think the Havok thing has run its course, but hope they remain really good confidants.