Page 32 of 118 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    "This table has my ex, a drunk Madrox, and a prosthetic leg on it. And I'm just sitting here watching Shaw puke in a pool everyone is swimming in. Why me?"
    prosthetic leg hummm rocket raccoon was there?

"This table has my ex, a drunk Madrox, and a prosthetic leg on it. And I'm just sitting here watching Shaw puke in a pool everyone is swimming in. Why me?"
    "Paradise my ass."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Put like this…
    But it is not a fatality… She can stand and move around.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Put like this…
    But it is not a fatality… She can stand and move around.
    Your statement is a metaphor for her past decade and a half in the comics where she has struggled to move beyond being defined by her past relationships and decades old storylines which were less then interesting at the time they came about.

Lorna walking with Jean's jacket out of the toxic sludge represented for me her rebirth and a chance for a new way forward. Though she certainly was still closely connected to her old life for a few years after she was dealing with the fallout and developing new relationships and a new life with a personal agenda and overarching goals to fight for.

After M-Day the character fell into old patterns, dynamics and old relationships and was never able to truly break free of them since. Its not that she hasn't spent time with new people, but its been transactional and forgettable.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-19-2020 at 07:04 AM.

EMPYRE: X-MEN #3 & #4

Issue #3 – ED BRISSON, VITA AYALA & ZEB WELLS (W)

Issue #4 – JONATHAN HICKMAN & TBA (W)

Issue #3 – TBA (A)

Issue #4 – JORGE MOLINA (A)

Issue #3 – cover by EDUARD PETROVICH

Issue #4 – cover by TBA

ALIENS! PLANT-MEN! MUTANTS! ZOMBIES! OLD WOMEN! DEMONS! EXPLOSIONS! These issues have more than you ever dreamed to ask for. And then some.

40 pages, $4.99.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Issue #3 – TBA (A)

Issue #4 – cover by TBA

ALIENS! PLANT-MEN! MUTANTS! ZOMBIES! OLD WOMEN! DEMONS! EXPLOSIONS! These issues have more than you ever dreamed to ask for. And then some.

40 pages, $4.99.
    well look at that

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Issue #3 – TBA (A)

Issue #4 – cover by TBA

40 pages, $4.99.
    !!!!!!!

So excited to see Polaris as a part of the Genosha team. Very much anticipating this!

That is a great cover to see in its full glory. Some new names who have written and drawn Lorna before and some old names who have.

Issue #3 will be written by Ed Brisson, Vita Ayla & Zeb Wells

Issue #4 by will be written by Jonathan Hickman and art by Jorge Molina

For Lorna it represents a chance to once again have a pathos to guide readers... and future writers in understanding the character and what motivates her. That is no small deal.

Some quality battle scenes are the icing on the cake. Vita did very well with Lorna and battle scenes in the past.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-19-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna really keeps winning in this new era.

X-FACTOR #3

LEAH WILLIAMS (W), DAVID BALDEÓN (A), Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN

DROWNING IN THE STREAM!

Every streamer in the Mojoverse is desperate to get a little of the X-magic on their channel, but all X-Factor wants to do is figure out who murdered a Krakoan citizen.

32 pages, $3.99.

repost

Has Lorna ever intercted with Magik before? This should be interesting. Hope she gets to interact with Warren bc Ive always wanted more of that

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Lorna really keeps winning in this new era.
    I am quite happy the new era is dealing with Genosha and her pathos there. Lorna being possessed in the end says nothing about what she thinks about herself, mutants, the X-Men, her family, humanity, etc. Falling back on possession and other old ideas about her post Decimation did her no long term favors. Genosha and its fallout enabled writers to (however they choose to use it) to have a guiding narrative force for all of those things listed and more. Genosha worked well as a 'north star' event in her life.

Second in terms of battle scenes Vita did really get the right balance and that matters to a different degree. Some versions of Lorna the past two decades were too soft and ineffectual in battle. Some too full of rage and out of control making her seem incompetent. Lorna immediately after the Genoshan geocide was understandably and intentionally for story reasons too cold blooded as a baseline depiction unless she is on an antagonist team. Prisoner of X managed to get a good balance throughout the mini for Lorna on a protagonist team.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-20-2020 at 12:40 PM.

love love LOVE the Genosha cover!!! wicked team (just wish Monet was still there)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Bigger. Thanks for the image Tycon.

Genosha may not survived without being Krakatoa'ed. For those who bought X-Men #2 they will know what that means. Still what matters in the end is Lorna's history on the island and how it impacts the character irrespective of where she is.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-19-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Someone's gonna inevitably get mad at some part of what I'm about to say, so I'm just gonna remind and stress that my post is meant to be taken in whole. My feelings are complex. Also I'm tired, take that as you will.

Whether or not Lorna on Empyre turns out to be a good thing for her heavily depends on execution. I know, people want me to just go with it, but the cautious side of me knows something that looks good at premise can be made bad by how it's done. A hypothetical example might be if her appearance consists entirely of talking up Magneto and how important he is while pretending she was never there until Empyre.

People who are really deep with Marvel may not fully understand that I've been burned enough by Marvel to a point where I'm cautious even at what appears to be good news. I've had enough of Marvel presenting things that look good only for them to be bad on release (e.g. X-Men Blue return hijacked to promote Havok), or offer good things to cover up future badness (e.g. great Secret Wars presence ahead of limbo for 2 years), that I find it very hard to trust them with anything. To many Marvel fans, this may seem like I'm "ungrateful," without realizing how risky it feels to trust Marvel these days.

Having said that, I'm going to cautiously trust Empyre. And I deeply, sincerely hope the event proves it was good for me to trust. I want this to be a good thing so badly.

Marvel acknowledging Lorna for a Genosha story is huge, and long overdue. Everyone's seen how much I talk about how important Genosha is for Lorna, and complain about Marvel ignoring it. So you know how much it matters to me to see she'll be involved. This is the first time since Fall/Winter 2018 that I might buy something from Marvel. Unlike everything else since then, this means something to me. If done well, this could be bigger for me than anything else she's been in for at least the past decade.

I like the cover, too, and I think her placement and look on it are perfect. She has the most dynamic pose of the group which is amazing. Especially love her hair floating upward as a sign of power. The little curl it does is underrated. Plus, she's positioned right in the middle. Now, to get ahead of some people, I'm not saying this signifies the event is going to make her its most important character. Nor do I expect that from Marvel. Genosha is huge for her, but it's also not hers alone. But, I think where she is is very appropriate and thrilling. I'd say it's even better than if she was placed up front next to Cyclops and them.

Personally, I also feel the fact she's further back, but not way way in back, implies a sort of "her importance in matters of Genosha may not get recognized right up front, but in a more subdued way, her history is extremely important." She's not the largest drawn on the cover, she's not what some would consider the most important character on the cover, and she's not up in the "viewer's" face, but she still manages to stand out among them. And I love that. It's excellent usage of multiple artistic elements to have an impact that any one of them alone would fail to pull off. That the artist managed to make it feel natural instead of sticking out as odd is also a sign of skill.

Finally, a bit of fanon, from the solicit I'm imagining the "old women" part could perhaps be Lorna flashing back to when she was on Genosha and thinking about the horrors of the genocide. When that experience got told in the 00s, Lorna made a point of how it felt to hear and see people she knew dying.

"A man who once sold me bread was decapitated right in front of my eyes. A woman who I'd met at one of Magneto's banquets was ripped in half."

"I flew through the wailing mothers and dying children."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)