Page 105 of 118 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1765

I don't like all of their articles, but it's nice to read one that praises Lorna's power (and recognizes that she has the same potential as Magneto !!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    https://i0.wp.com/aiptcomics.com/wp-...68%2C532&ssl=1

Even though she's crying in this image when I saw it I thought she looked well drawn here - any idea what the context is in this scene?
    The "crying" is one thing that bothered me but I'm not going to make a big deal out of. In the original image, her expression comes across more as anguished but strong, whereas the new art has a much softer tone that seems to emphasize the pain she's in.

I'm alright with this article. It's actually about Lorna, not the nearest man. And puts forth the suggestion that she's a good person to speak for Krakoa, not just a body occupying space.

Though I still think Marvel a) deciding to have an Omega hierarchy, and b) deciding Magneto is Omega but Lorna somehow isn't despite fitting the criteria, says something about Marvel. An impressive feat doesn't really change that. Again, only outs I see are either tearing down the whole Omega concept or saying the structure is based on a particular character's POV (and therefore comes with that character's biases, awareness, etc).
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The artist is really good, let it not be said he didn't do a stand up job on XF #4.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-06-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    The "crying" is one thing that bothered me but I'm not going to make a big deal out of. In the original image, her expression comes across more as anguished but strong, whereas the new art has a much softer tone that seems to emphasize the pain she's in.

I'm alright with this article. It's actually about Lorna, not the nearest man. And puts forth the suggestion that she's a good person to speak for Krakoa, not just a body occupying space.

Though I still think Marvel a) deciding to have an Omega hierarchy, and b) deciding Magneto is Omega but Lorna somehow isn't despite fitting the criteria, says something about Marvel. An impressive feat doesn't really change that. Again, only outs I see are either tearing down the whole Omega concept or saying the structure is based on a particular character's POV (and therefore comes with that character's biases, awareness, etc).
    Yea while everyone has their own art style - the new take makes her look "cuter". You put it better with softer.

I also wondered why she wasn't considered the same as Magneto - it's the same powerset. Unless it's demonstrable that Magneto is stronger with his powers than Lorna is, but I have not seen anything to prove or disprove that. Maybe @ Hickman on Twitter?

Hickman got rid of his Twitter account a while back, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have an answer or he wouldn't answer it. I expect she's not on the list because they either didn't think of her when making the list, or they did but existing biases at Marvel say she can't be Omega because reasons.

Which runs counter to past comics saying either she has the potential to surpass Magneto, is Magneto's equal, or already has surpassed him (albeit when he was weakened) at various points. It'd be different if the criteria of what counts as Omega was different.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Cameo Flashback prophecy Lorna in Marauders 13

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Cameo Flashback prophecy Lorna in Marauders 13

Curiosity no Polaris but in cbr
    This is just enough votes for the plan to pass, setting up the Hellions to embark on maybe their most potentially dangerous mission ever. However, Exodus suggests an addition to the plan -- that Sinister himself leads the Hellions on this mission, venturing into Otherworld himself to ensure the plan is a success. Again, five votes are needed -- with Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Mystique, and Exodus all voting in favor. Sinister votes to not go -- but his inability to keep from mocking Magneto over his daughter leads Magneto to change his vote to yes, forcing a very reluctant Sinister onto the mission.
    https://www.cbr.com/x-men-mister-sin...**x-of-swords/
    Last edited by juan678; 10-14-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Link not working but I assume it's because of something weird with CBR's handling of some links like we've seen before.

Seeing the exchange would be needed to interpret. Framing could present this as a positive moment of Magneto lovingly defending his daughter, more in line for their relationship than X-Factor #4. Framing could also imply Magneto's merely protecting his image with little to no regard for Lorna herself. Or could be something else entirely.

Considering X-Factor #4 is recent and part of this event, I'm assuming Sinister's mockery is tied to how Lorna was depicted in X-Factor #4. Don't think it's worth going out and buying/reading the issue just to find out though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Link not working but I assume it's because of something weird with CBR's handling of some links like we've seen before.

Seeing the exchange would be needed to interpret. Framing could present this as a positive moment of Magneto lovingly defending his daughter, more in line for their relationship than X-Factor #4. Framing could also imply Magneto's merely protecting his image with little to no regard for Lorna herself. Or could be something else entirely.

Considering X-Factor #4 is recent and part of this event, I'm assuming Sinister's mockery is tied to how Lorna was depicted in X-Factor #4. Don't think it's worth going out and buying/reading the issue just to find out though.
    Here's what he says - the situation is that they're voting to send the Hellions to otherworld on a suicide mission to steal some of the opponent's swords - to force a forfeit of the tournament on the grounds off not having the swords. His suggestion is to send just the Hellions but Empath makes an addendum that they be lead by Sinister.

they need 5 votes to pass (some council are afk due to questing for swords), and they have 4.

He says "Four Hands. Oh thank sweet god."

Turns and points to Magneto "That's that. Where were we? Oh right -- I'll need my full team. Including Havok. I heard about his little trip to Otherworld. Following your daughter around like a pully dog, no doubt. I'm beginning to think she's a bad influence. Tsk tsk. I don't want to get into how she was raised, but I'd thank you to keep her away from my boy.".

Magneto looks annoyed and gives him side eye "I'd like to change my vote".

A bit of a mild insult to Lorna IMO. edit more of a dig at Magneto than anything.
    Last edited by Frostfire; 10-14-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Reads as more of Sinister being shady to Magneto, than Lorna. It was clearly meant to get under Magneto's skin, and it did so, resulting in Magneto changing his vote. Nothing of worth IMO.

I don't think Sinister cares in the least about Lorna, he just wanted to troll Magneto (and his play went wrong).

Thanks for sharing the context and the quote.

Not really surprised that Marvel's again trying to force the pairing with this kind of dialogue to remind people.

Interesting that they're trying to flip the script of implied relationship dynamics - how the language is about Havok following after Lorna, compared to how often Lorna's been misused in past decades to have her follow wherever Havok goes. I take this as people at Marvel knowing that the traditional implication would look incredibly bad for Marvel, so they have to try a different presentation of it to make it more palatable. I also think a lot of the quote is functional - it's there to achieve certain story and corporate/editorial objectives regardless of how it gets there. I say this because, among other things, it doesn't make much sense to me for Magneto to take the "how she was raised" part hard when he didn't raise her and by all appearances so far Lorna had a normal upbringing with the Danes.

I'm glad X-Factor #4's depiction wasn't a part of Sinister's remark though.

Back to the Lorna and Magneto relationship part, I'm leaning more toward neutral from what I have seen so far. Not really leaning one way or another on why Magneto reacted the way he did. Pretty open-ended for interpretation in my opinion.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I don't think Sinister cares in the least about Lorna, he just wanted to troll Magneto (and his play went wrong).
    I think it went how he wanted. He sent a clone in his stead (I think) and I surmise he's after a DNA sample of Jamie Braddock for his reality warping powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    I think it went how he wanted. He sent a clone in his stead (I think) and I surmise he's after a DNA sample of Jamie Braddock for his reality warping powers.
    In Incoming! it is said that he already has a Jaime sample (after all, how could they resuscitate him otherwise?)

He only needs Franklin, Mister M and Legion to have the entire collection. I highly doubt that Sinister wanted to go to Otherworld because it puts his cover at risk. He just didn't think that Magneto would be so angry at the insults towards Lorna that he would change his decision.