Page 116 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I'm pretty sure she has been repowered as a mutant. Can't remember where it was actually stated, but I think a panel talked a little bit about it.

Have ya'll thought of any potential love interests you'd like to see with her? I think the Havok thing has run its course, but hope they remain really good confidants.
    Warren Worthington the Third

I'm pretty sure she has been repowered as a mutant. Can't remember where it was actually stated, but I think a panel talked a little bit about it.

Have ya'll thought of any potential love interests you'd like to see with her? I think the Havok thing has run its course, but hope they remain really good confidants.
    My preference would be Jean Grey. Second preference down is Emma Frost. Both have different kinds of potential to closer relationships.

In general, I think a new love interest relationship for her - as Marvel's been treating her since 2015 - should be with someone who was either in the O5 or part of the core ANAD X-Men. I was more flexible on this back in 2014 (e.g. Gambit) when Marvel had told Lorna's origin story, had her leading All-New X-Factor, and let her spend time with her siblings. Marvel's attitude toward her has gotten worse since then, steeped heavily in how she can be misused and exploited to benefit other things they care about more than her. As such, I'm wary of any situation where I think there's a higher chance of her being treated poorly. A love interest relationship especially carries a high risk of it due to decades worth of poor treatment around Havok becoming ingrained as "nostalgia," and that "nostalgia" in turn negatively affecting views of her worth and how she should be depicted in relationships.

I've seen some other fans suggest she shouldn't have a love interest at all right now. That the focus should be on exploring Lorna for herself. I can see their point, and would be just fine with that too. Makes sense to focus on correcting decades worth of poor treatment and try to get a better understanding of who Lorna is before throwing her into another relationship. But the longer Marvel takes to actually do the work they need to with Lorna (not lip service performative "work," actual work), the longer it'll take for a relationship to be viable. Especially if someone wants that relationship to be Havok.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

I don't like terms like hero, villain anti-hero or anti-villain, but they do work as broad categories. I have been thinking of the issue of Lorna as the team anti-hero and how it works and doesn't work.

Austen's run- It worked very well in terms of the overall conflict between her and Xavier/Scott over the use of shall we say aggressive tactics to combat threats to mutants. With Genosha's destruction as a back drop it fit quite well a Lorna who was lost and trying to protect her people without being a redux version of her father. The love triangle shannagins was a sperate matter and far more controversial. That part convinced readers to pay attention, but also took attention away from everything else she did.

Milligan's run- It started out well and quickly went off the rails. Rather then her legitimately believing in a different world view then the X-Men Milligan leaned towards her just being unhinged. Lorna as unstable at times works, but as an anti-hero because she is 'unstable' and might up and kill someone because she can't control comes off very poorly.

ANXF Lorna- There were moments that very much did not work for Lorna as the anti-hero of the story and moments that did work. It fell into a Milligan like version of Lorna as an anti-hero because she simply can't control herself early on. It improved a fair bit towards the middle of the run to her using violence and the threat of coercive force performatively to achieve her ends. In the end ANXF Lorna also felt lacking a distinct mutant rights agenda which greatly helped make Lorna's anti-hero arc under Austen work.

Prisoner of X- This was probably the best anti-hero of the last ten years in the comics in so far as she was competent, but also ruthless, and relentless.

The Gifted season one- The best anti-hero depiction Lorna's had. She had a motivation, a mission, and wasn't going to give up fighting.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-12-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I have to say juan that is one of the best non-classic renditions of her green costume. The extra colors bring it to life. The Reload (Austen-Milligan era) costume is the perfect dark Lorna outfit for her second costume in the game.
    Last edited by jmc247; 12-12-2020 at 09:10 PM.

So there was a neat find recently I felt worth posting.

Here's some dress designs by stephxdesigns. These were NOT (as far as I'm aware) directly inspired by Lorna. But it speaks to the cultural zeitgeist and social consciousness that is prime for Lorna right this moment, if Marvel were to embrace it instead of following the constant undermining of her we see in the X-Men comics.

There's another couple similar designs, that I could see Lorna wearing at parties. That whole "mutant fashion" thing that's been talked about so much.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Thanks for posting juan!

Love that aesthetic for Lorna.

I think Exodus would make an interesting love interest for Lorna. He first appeared in front of her in X-Factor vol 1 but turned away and it’s never said why. More of her personality could be shown while they dated. Does she like him or does she like a guy similar to her father? Does he like her or has he fallen for his former idols daughter? I think that could be explored between them and interesting to see. Definitely don’t want Havok ever again.

I wish Zaladane would come back

LEAH WILLIAMS (W), DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    * Hey, guys! Wasn't expecting to see X-Factor torpedo up the resurrection queue priority--.
    * Boneyard's haunted.
    * WHAT? *Resurrecting murdered teammates* Boneyard's haunted.
    32 pages, $3.99.

New awesome bikenesmith piece of Lorna and Wanda.

It came with this fun bit.

“IM the older sister so im giving YOU a piggyback ride”
    “im literally almost a foot taller than you”
    Anyway hopefully next year is better than this year has been. It obviously won't start good (except for perhaps one obvious non-comics thing) but maybe that'll change as the year goes on.