Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Actually any involvement by Alex could also be Leah having Lorna attack their relationship over and over again by making Alex the scapegoat for all of Lorna's problems or something along those lines as we don't know how Leah sees the Alex and Lorna pairing at the moment...she could view it favorably or unfavorably...who knows..., and no I don't expect Alex to do much of anything in the book that he's in...or be written well and will probably end up being the fall guy for that team anyway...and sad that it seems that she's on the book mightily because she's Magneto's kid rather than her own character...guess that's how Marvel sees her more than anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Oh, so it really is going to continue Marvel's trend of trying to force Havok onto her for the billionth time despite how she very clearly needs a good decade away from him getting her own stories and perspective told before any writers will understand how to not treat her like she only exists to be Havok's girlfriend.

Hard pass. Back to Lorna-centric work.
    Depends what kind of new light it is, for me looks like a positive. No one you say new light for something bad
    it is all dazzler fault

Seems like Jean and Lorna can't get away from Summers Bros, that is a shame

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Its sad that with all that was said, people only want to focus on the romantic elements. I don't care for her relationship with Alex, although I've grown more indifferent to it over these past couple of years, but we don't even know how Leah perceives them as a couple. It was a vague comment and while I'd prefer if she had brought something else up pertaining to Polaris, it isn't enough for me to worry just yet. Besides, Havok isn't even a main part of this roster. I'd much rather focus on the positives.

Like how she's appearing in an ongoing title, and surround by an interesting group of people. It does seem like Leah has plans for Polaris, and that she wants to focus on her growth as a character outside of whatever relationship stuff Williams might have planned.

Ultimate Member

Well every relationship that Alex has had outside of Lorna hasn't exactly been handled that well either and he usually gets attacked for them and Marvel won't let Jean get away from Scott, and yeah I'm obviously hoping that it's something good for Alex/Lorna, but I won't hold my breath or anything like that...

And writers always have plans for characters, sometimes they work out...and sometimes they don't...

News of Lorna in an ongoing? Great.

News that Leah Williams is writing it? I really liked her work with Emma in X-Men Black and she really seemed to get that character so that is good.

Lorna being on the same team as Rachel and Daken for a second time for both? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You all know Lorna much better than I do but it feels right that she would want to take on this role. Searching for and recovering lost mutants, especially after Genosha.
    Her comments that she wasn't really attached to Lorna? That is ok, everyone has to start somewhere.

But, I am interested in seeing how she deals with bigots who are slaughtering mutants in her new role. She said that its not in the team charter to kill. That might not be so easy for Lorna given her past experience in that area. How her views on humanity as seen in HoX influence her job? That could be interesting.

Leah's X-Men Black came off a great love letter to Emma because she clearly saw what motivates her as a person? I would urge Leah to look Lorna as a character with interesting motivations and a difficult past as she did Emma not a shipper character as some have written Lorna in the past.

Last edited by jmc247; 09-30-2020 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm glad Lorna and Rachel are working together again. Hopefully they give Daken a hard time <3

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well every relationship that Alex has had outside of Lorna hasn't exactly been handled that well either and he usually gets attacked for them and Marvel won't let Jean get away from Scott, and yeah I'm obviously hoping that it's something good for Alex/Lorna, but I won't hold my breath or anything like that...

And writers always have plans for characters, sometimes they work out...and sometimes they don't...
    Well Alex get hate because he put Lorna throught a lot. There's no way they getting together again would feel realistic or be good to both chaarcters

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    News of Lorna in an ongoing? Great.

News that Leah Williams is writing it? I really liked her work with Emma in X-Men Black and she really seemed to get that character so that is good.

Lorna being on the same team as Rachel and Daken for a second time for both? Nice.

Her comments that she wasn't really attached to Lorna? That is ok, everyone has to start somewhere.

But, I am interested in seeing how she deals with bigots who are slaughtering mutants in her new role. She said that its not in the team charter to kill. That might not be so easy for Lorna given her past experience in that area. How her views on humanity as seen in HoX influence her job? That could be interesting.

Leah's X-Men Black came off a great love letter to Emma because she clearly saw what motivates her as a person? I would urge Leah to look Lorna as a character with interesting motivations and a difficult past as she did Emma not a shipper character as some have written Lorna in the past.
    I like that Leah took the time to discuss this with two of her friends who are avid Polaris fans to get their input into Lorna's character. Even if Lorna does date someone eventually I think there is a very good chance that it isn't going to be Alex! In fact I think there is a higher probability that we will see Alex/Kwannon before we ever see Alex/Lorna again. I think that the editors and writers know that Alex and Lorna really need to be apart as characters for a long while before anyone puts them both on the same book again!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I like that Leah took the time to discuss this with two of her friends who are avid Polaris fans to get their input into Lorna's character. Even if Lorna does date someone eventually I think there is a very good chance that it isn't going to be Alex! In fact I think there is a higher probability that we will see Alex/Kwannon before we ever see Alex/Lorna again. I think that the editors and writers know that Alex and Lorna really need to be apart as characters for a long while before anyone puts them both on the same book again!
    I think reaching out to fans is good, the wider the range of opinions the better. My point was more I understand shipping is important to some and it dominated Lorna’s character for decades. Here to hoping Rachel and Lorna have more to talk about from their own lives as individuals then what we had in RAFOSE and EV and the rest of the (half decade our time) they had in space together. I didn't like their conversation was dominated almost entirely about their feelings about their significant others.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-13-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't know if this will happen but one way Leah could do this is since she compared Rachel to "James Dean" (Rebel Without A Cause) then maybe she will write Lorna as sort of an opposing force for the team like the believer in Krakoa and its Council above all else type.

I see Prodigy and Lorna as the "Lawful" characters on the team , Lorna because she would be (fanatically) dedicated to supporting Krakoa given her Genoshan experience (and her worldviews in general). Prodigy simply because of his personality/powerset, he is very logical and analytical and everything. Those two could still get into conflict if Prodigy ends up "figuring out" things that might implicate Krakoa's leadership or policies though.

Rachel and Daken are more the "Chaotic" characters, probably Rachel written that way as a PTSD reaction to everything she's been through and needing to get it out of her system perhaps. Daken just that's his nature he's still essentially a semi villain after all.

Northstar and Eyeboy "Neutral" i guess? Northstar serious , and Eyeboy flippant?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Williams said. “We’ll see a lot of their married life and will be exploring all the important nuance to their living situation in Krakoa. (We’ll actually see a lot of every X-factor team member’s romantic life...)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...-leah-williams
    The romance soap for every character will be a heavy part of the book.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-14-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Depends what kind of new light it is, for me looks like a positive. No one you say new light for something bad
    it is all dazzler fault

Seems like Jean and Lorna can't get away from Summers Bros, that is a shame
    I could say I see smoking in a new light after talking for hours with a tobacco lobbyist. Though knowing Marvel, they'd probably do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Its sad that with all that was said, people only want to focus on the romantic elements. I don't care for her relationship with Alex, although I've grown more indifferent to it over these past couple of years, but we don't even know how Leah perceives them as a couple. It was a vague comment and while I'd prefer if she had brought something else up pertaining to Polaris, it isn't enough for me to worry just yet. Besides, Havok isn't even a main part of this roster. I'd much rather focus on the positives.

Like how she's appearing in an ongoing title, and surround by an interesting group of people. It does seem like Leah has plans for Polaris, and that she wants to focus on her growth as a character outside of whatever relationship stuff Williams might have planned.
    It's likewise sad that with over 50 years of history under Lorna's belt, especially Genosha, the only thing within that history Leah mentions is how she's banged Havok. Kinda tells you what to expect right there.

We know how Leah sees them. The person she talked to is a Havok x Polaris shipper.

Havok wasn't a main part of X-Men Blue's roster and he still completely hijacked what was promoted as Lorna's return to comics.

Being on an ongoing doesn't matter if it doesn't do anything for her.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well every relationship that Alex has had outside of Lorna hasn't exactly been handled that well either
    He's at least had outside relationships with more substance than Lorna's case of a few flirting glances or locking herself in an apartment to spend the rest of her days treating Havok's costume like an anime body pillow.

(I wasn't joking)

If Marvel wants to set themselves on fire, so be it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

For the record salarta I'm not a fan of those panels either, then again it could have been Marvel making a bad attempt to show how messed up in the head Lorna was at the time given her history...

As for putting her through a lot, to a degree that's no different than many other X-couples...many if not all...after all look at what Scott and Jean have put each other through over the years, and Gambit and Rogue and...Alex/Lorna getting together again would be fine as long as it was written well, and I don't see Alex trusting anyone on the team that he's on...they could always do the relationship thing with both on different teams thing...I don't think that the editors really care about either Lorna or Alex, they're far to enamored with Xavier and Magneto and such right now...though no I'm not going to hold my breath that Alex/Lorna will happen anytime soon I have no doubt that it will happen again sometime down the line...

I just foresee that if it is Lorna with someone else that many here will push it to the Nth degree and proclaim it great and such and that the guy is FAR better for her than Alex and so on...

I'm expecting great things for Lorna out of X-factor and truly looking forward to it. The one piece of information that stood out to me is Leah went from not really understanding Polaris to feeling very protective of her. For me that was very powerful. seeing the type of writer she is with x-men black and how she potrayed her characters in extremist that sentence was very carefully picked and i can't see her relegated a character she feels protective of and wants to give growth to a man. just my opinion but only time will tell. I feel Rachel and Lorna need her right now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Glad that Polaris is back! Sounds good.