Page 34 of 118 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like how her cape looks in that she reminds me of a Templar or Knight Commando or something. Very aristocratic warrior esque like a Princess who fights. It's cool, although her face is very warm and smiling which is a bit offsetting the hovering blades !!!
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yes! Bring back that Larry Stroman hair.

stroman's Lorna is such a revelation. so ethereal....I love

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    LOVE this look for her. the black accents...chefs kiss
    green and yellow suits Lorna much more than Jean imo. I'd be soo happy with her wearing more yellow (unless its one of the training costumes) or purple even if its kind of an Austen throwback

With that kind of uniform I want to see her launch off the ground "superman style" and zoom flying into the atmosphere lol, arm outstretched guiding her way through the clouds

My people need me

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    With that kind of uniform I want to see her launch off the ground "superman style" and zoom flying into the atmosphere lol, arm outstretched guiding her way through the clouds

My people need me
    and we would stan even harder

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    It say: I’m cute, but I’ll cut you.
    90s Lorna would chuck knives at times, but they felt they had to depict her like a hot headed idiot when she was doing so.

I prefer some of the versions where it feels like she isn’t having an emotional breakdown when she decides to fight with the gloves off.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-24-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    It say: I’m cute, but I’ll cut you.
    Looks like a cinnamon roll but could kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    green and yellow suits Lorna much more than Jean imo. I'd be soo happy with her wearing more yellow (unless its one of the training costumes) or purple even if its kind of an Austen throwback
    I'd go more for gold than yellow, given gold was the secondary color she originally had.

Anka's redesign concept is also the only one I've liked so far more than her iconic look, because it actually takes her iconic look and makes meaningful changes that fit who she is as a character. Gives her a very warrior vibe.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Looks like a cinnamon roll but could kill you.

I'd go more for gold than yellow, given gold was the secondary color she originally had.

Anka's redesign concept is also the only one I've liked so far more than her iconic look, because it actually takes her iconic look and makes meaningful changes that fit who she is as a character. Gives her a very warrior vibe.
    i never saw a kris anka polaris redesign , do you mind reposting ?

The best outfit for me is probably a heavy dose of warrior with a bit of Royal feel attached. That has to be balanced with iconography for the character as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-24-2020 at 04:23 PM.

i never saw a kris anka polaris redesign , do you mind reposting ?

The one thing I don't like is the Magneto bubbles in the second. And IMO I do think it could be more "knightly" (e.g. gauntlets instead of gloves). But in general I think this design is a great move forward. Its secondary color fits - both working into the green and being metallic to play on her powers. And it looks like armor, while still keeping the cape and headdress. This Lorna is a definite warrior queen.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post

The one thing I don't like is the Magneto bubbles in the second. And IMO I do think it could be more "knightly" (e.g. gauntlets instead of gloves). But in general I think this design is a great move forward. Its secondary color fits - both working into the green and being metallic to play on her powers. And it looks like armor, while still keeping the cape and headdress. This Lorna is a definite warrior queen.
    oh that's lovely I agree, the metal should be black with some sort of shape like her headress, or tiny skulls over the mags bubbles

When do you think we will get X-Factor ?

OBEY

oh that's lovely I agree, the metal should be black with some sort of shape like her headress, or tiny skulls over the mags bubbles
    Those are some interesting ideas. The words 'warrior princess' should definitely be felt for Lorna. I will just say the character can have more then one look, what she wears as an investigator doesn't have to fit the rest of what the character may do elsewhere.

When do you think we will get X-Factor ?
    As far as we know right know on time. Will you be getting it AH?
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-26-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    As far as we know right know on time. Will you be getting it AH?
    Of course. We need to support Polaris. I will give the book (like I do most books) at least its first 3 issues and determine from there. As long as Lorna's role is prominent and she gets interestingly developed I'll continue with it. If she gets sidelined/ignored though... then we'll have to see. If she gets regressed I might get actually upset with the book.

OBEY

Of course. We need to support Polaris. I will give the book (like I do most books) at least its first 3 issues and determine from there. As long as Lorna's role is prominent and she gets interestingly developed I'll continue with it. If she gets sidelined/ignored though... then we'll have to see. If she gets regressed I might get actually upset with the book.
    Hickman barely had her in House of X and made her completely unimportant to the politics of Krakoa. She is by in large irrelevant to the goings on of the island and I doubt that will change with her being an investigator. But, he wrote the most philosophically deep and interesting Lorna in the past fifteen years. For me its quality over quantity.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-26-2020 at 02:39 PM.