Page 37 of 118 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

I saw this piece last year I think on insta, but here it is now. It comes with a recipe for "Magnetic Lemonade."

1 oz Vodka
    1/2 oz Melon Liqueur
    1/2 oz Limoncello
    6 oz Lemonade
    6 oz Sprite
    1 Lemon wedge for garnish

Pour the three alcohols and the lemonade into a tall glass
    Stir using a metal spoon and your magnetic powers
    Add the sprite
    Drink through a metal straw!(important)
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

that sounds killer

By apprenticenanoswarm. Nice to see new fanart of Lorna as a character of color.

By xmenevo-justcause. Hints of X-Men Evolution version Wanda in the design, and it's tagged with Evo.

And then there's fluffyviolin looking for help on separating the X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse model of Lorna from the game to get Lorna with the costume into Sims 4.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

link's broken I'm intrigued..

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    link's broken I'm intrigued..
    I suspect its an article on electromagnetic deep brain stimulation. There have been trials on it in various ways for a decade. When it comes to electromagnetism the real question is more what can't be done with it then what can.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

http://med.stanford.edu/news/all-new...ression-i.html

^ Hope that works (change 0 to o in stanf0rd)

And yes it's what jmc said lol.. basically just I think it's ironic or interesting the concept magnetism can possibly treat depression or other mental disorders when in the lore it may end up causing it for Erik and possibly Lorna as well
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 04-07-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Electromagnetism can do a lot of things besides throw metal around, which is why I've emphasized the idea that Lorna could exhibit low-level "psychic" abilities (low-level to be fair to full-fledged psychic characters) through her power set. Here, it's used to treat depression - which can be in-roads to the idea of Lorna affecting moods, including up to mental manipulation. Electromagnetism has also been used to influence memories, indicate directions, etc in the brain. The big issues insofar as where Marvel is concerned are a) acknowledging Lorna has this capability, and b) not sending all of it to Magneto and leaving Lorna to bend spoons.

Concerning Lorna and Magneto's mental health, we could say the amount has an impact, or that their biology and biological reactions are different from a typical person. Though the study ideas do mesh with how Lorna's been written as deeply depressed during periods of low or no power - inverse to "applying electromagnetism can relieve depression."

Edit: I tried pasting the link here and it's the board that keeps changing it. Whoever configured CBR has it set to change the URL like this even if you hyperlink text.
    Last edited by salarta; 04-07-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    And yes it's what jmc said lol.. basically just I think it's ironic or interesting the concept magnetism can possibly treat depression or other mental disorders when in the lore it may end up causing it for Erik and possibly Lorna as well
    There are certain ideas that are common threads throughout fictional lore and those with unlimited power comes consequences. For reality manipulators such as Legion its a schizophrenic confusing of reality. For Lorna and Magneto their physical bodies as in nervous systems limit how much power they can channel. The idea that was slowly developed since the 80s was going beyond a certain point power wise for too long for them starts doing damage. With godlike power comes a cost is a common thread in fiction.
    Last edited by jmc247; 04-09-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Last edited by jmc247; 04-09-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    - Hickman and Leah have an interest approach to Polaris' role in Krakoa
    - Tini tried to put Polaris in Marauders, but Duggan wasn't having it
    - Al Ewing was at the X-Summit, apparently
    - Leah pitched a new take on a character that hasn't been in the spotlight since HOX at the last summit. No word if it's happening, but apparently it was a great take
    - Picture of shirtless Rictor (I assume Veitha will post it later <3)
    - Picture of the Excalibur team
    - Picture of Gambit fighting
    - Picture of Apocalypse's abs

Thanks Hi-Fi

I asked if shirtless Rictor could be his new costume moving forward. But they didn't answer.

But I'm super exciting for Lorna!
    Last edited by gifted; 04-09-2020 at 01:02 PM.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

More details including a repeat of the marketing line.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm so excited hearing that about Polaris! Very eager to see both Leah and (more of) Hickman's take on Lorna.

Hate that we're going to have to wait though.

Yes! It's just so exciting to hear her name being mentioned and talked about at all in regards to excitement from the offices themselves.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella