Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well if the pairing was written well jwatson, Williams might not see it as her giving Lorna to anybody, not betting on it but seeing the pairing in a new light could be good for A/L, as many here seem to hate it if that was how Williams saw the pairing before changing her mind, then again the opposite could be true, no really deep X-couple, of which A/L is one is ever truly over, just no telling when it'll happen again...

And I do remember that extremist had it's detractors so not everybody loved her book...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well if the pairing was written well jwatson, Williams might not see it as her giving Lorna to anybody, not betting on it but seeing the pairing in a new light could be good for A/L, as many here seem to hate it if that was how Williams saw the pairing before changing her mind, then again the opposite could be true, no really deep X-couple, of which A/L is one is ever truly over, just no telling when it'll happen again...

And I do remember that extremist had it's detractors so not everybody loved her book...
    Personally I can only speak for myself I don't give much thought to detractors beyond conversational fun. That would be like me caring what people who don't pay my bills think of my life. I don't mind Havok and Polaris so whether they are together or not doesn't mean much to me so I never really touch on the topic. I more care about Lorna herself and what I meant is even if Polaris is with a man I don't see Leah as the type of female writer that will completely revolve a woman around the man in her life be it Alex or someone else. I can't say how she views havok/Polaris but honestly the relationship or lack of it isn't something I worry about really. Now if this was guggeheim or a writer who I know tends to lean in on a female as a man's only concern I would be worried. Also havok is in a book of his own so just by tprocess of that I can't see either really being all about the other
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Well I didn't expect it to be like that either, just that since the two were on different teams if Alex and Lorna were indeed the couple then it would be easy for the relationship to not overtake them as characters unless written poorly. If it isn't Alex then I just hope that those fans of said pairing remember that it won't last either and won't keep Alex/Lorna from happening again in the future sometime down the line...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    For the record salarta I'm not a fan of those panels either, then again it could have been Marvel making a bad attempt to show how messed up in the head Lorna was at the time given her history...

As for putting her through a lot, to a degree that's no different than many other X-couples...many if not all...after all look at what Scott and Jean have put each other through over the years, and Gambit and Rogue and...Alex/Lorna getting together again would be fine as long as it was written well, and I don't see Alex trusting anyone on the team that he's on...they could always do the relationship thing with both on different teams thing...I don't think that the editors really care about either Lorna or Alex, they're far to enamored with Xavier and Magneto and such right now...though no I'm not going to hold my breath that Alex/Lorna will happen anytime soon I have no doubt that it will happen again sometime down the line...

I just foresee that if it is Lorna with someone else that many here will push it to the Nth degree and proclaim it great and such and that the guy is FAR better for her than Alex and so on...
    Well only Rogue and Gambit are officially together, Gambit put her throught a lot, but she put him throught a lot too.
    Rogue also had a very good romantic life outside of Gambit, she dated Sentry, magneto and a fling with Johnny.
    So when they got together it felt like they completed their journey.

Alex abandoned Lorna on the wedding, then got inverted and went rogue. That is enough.

they should be over, same story over again. Characters should feel fresh on this Krakoa era

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The romance stuff aside, I still feel that Leah will do things to move Lorna's character forward. I don't think she's the type of person to have a woman defined by her relationship with a man.

I will say that I wish the artist was different. While their work looks well done, its seems more silly/comedic than what I'd like it to be.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    The romance stuff aside, I still feel that Leah will do things to move Lorna's character forward. I don't think she's the type of person to have a woman defined by her relationship with a man.

I will say that I wish the artist was different. While their work looks well done, its seems more silly/comedic than what I'd like it to be.
    Yeah hope this book has a decent enough tone, the topic themes are fairly serious. They could definitely make light of a lot and Leah seems to love doing that, and the presence of Eyeboy can contribute but yeah.

I am still gonna need to find out why Lorna is on this team, she doesn't strike me as a "detective" sort especially. My headcanon is going to continue to be she is there to almost keep watch on the rest of them and ensure their work takes place "in accordance with the will of Krakoa" or some such
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

tbh the comment about havok probably means she understood it isnt a good relantionship, since she didnt care much about lorna its normal for their relantionship to seem "cute" at first glance, but once you care more about lorna it starts to fall apart

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    tbh the comment about havok probably means she understood it isnt a good relantionship, since she didnt care much about lorna its normal for their relantionship to seem "cute" at first glance, but once you care more about lorna it starts to fall apart
    the person that put a new light on the relationship is a shipper

Now if she asked Salarta and said she would view it on a new light, I owuld agree with you
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-14-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    That would be possible if she didn’t ask hard core Havolaris shippers online what they thought of the ship.

https://mobile.twitter.com/malicious...31751462371328

I think Krakoa is about to have a baby boom at the end of this year based on where I feel Hickman is going. They had Apocalypse basically say as much on Excalibur. What that means for Lorna, I just hope it happens to be not much.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-14-2020 at 08:29 PM.

I was always thankful Land didn't get the chance to draw Lorna. At least its just a cover.

In that person's defense, they also Tweeted that Polaris and Havok's relationship needed rehab AFTER they both got five years of development away from each other (paraphrasing here, can't remember everything exactly). So hopefully that's something that was said to Leah. I wish the relationship would't get any focus, but as I've said here before, it isn't going to stop from seeing what's done with Lorna's character. I'm hoping that perhaps Leah focusing on Lorna's love life will be her addressing all the problems its caused for Polaris. We'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That would be possible if she didn’t ask hard core Havolaris shippers online what they thought of the ship.

https://mobile.twitter.com/malicious...31751462371328

One who was asked above... based on the posters comments and you can judge for yourself she seems to view it as true undying fairytale love.

I will be honest about my thoughts on this. Certain 90s nostalgic creative staff have ordered Leah to enact a reversion to worst of 90s tropes for Lorna including her being the moral compass of the team (that was my take on the north star of the team comment) and Leah was trying to find a way for her to care about this Lorna.

I think Krakoa is about to have a baby boom at the end of this year based on where I feel Hickman is going. They had Apocalypse basically say as much on Excalibur. For the first time I think a Havolaris child is a serious possibility.
    I don't believe on baby boom. There is too much kids and everyone having kids screw up for future writers.
    That would really be cultish and creepy. Apocalpse can't order people to have kids.

Geezus havok and polaris is a very one sided abusive relationship...

In that person's defense, they also Tweeted that Polaris and Havok's relationship needed rehab AFTER they both got five years of development away from each other (paraphrasing here, can't remember everything exactly). So hopefully that's something that was said to Leah. I wish the relationship would't get any focus, but as I've said here before, it isn't going to stop from seeing what's done with Lorna's character. I'm hoping that perhaps Leah focusing on Lorna's love life will be her addressing all the problems its caused for Polaris. We'll just have to wait and see.
    What rehab? toxic relationships should just end, they were back and ended like twice. people don't get tired?
    they haven't been a good couple in ages.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-14-2020 at 10:46 AM.

I was always thankful Land didn't get the chance to draw Lorna. At least its just a cover.
    He did in Phoenix Endsong with a callback to an epic scene.

Anyway unused cover to Prisoner of X.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-14-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't believe on baby boom. There is too much kids and everyone having kids screw up for future writers.
    That would really be cultish and creepy. Apocalpse can't order people to have kids.

Geezus havok and polaris is a very one sided abusive relationship...

What rehab? toxic relationships should just end, they were back and ended like twice. people don't get tired?
    they haven't been a good couple in ages.
    While I agree they should be over for good, I'm bringing up the fact that she also said that Lorna needs development on her own. I know you don't like anything related to Summers, but please don't derail this thread just because you hate Cyclops.

Deadpool #6

(W) Kelly Thompson
    (A) Kevin Libranda
    (C) Greg Land

DEADPOOL INVADES THE X-MEN!
    When the X-Men won’t return Deadpool’s calls for a Krakoa portal on Monster Island, Wade decides to drop by for a visit. Apparently, the new X-Men home isn’t taking visitors. RUDE.
    It’s an entire nation of biological weapons and mutant warriors versus a merc with a mouth. GAME ON!