Page 52 of 118 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Is Dead Sun collected edition? I would like to read it!
    I've been told Black Sun is collected in the X-men Revolution omnibus.

I collected Black Sun as it came out and I recall being excited for it but it wasn't the best. Though I feel like some of the characters had a few good moments. Lorna had a power stunt that I liked.

Just as I made a Magnus family thread post, I finally feel up for making posts here today. This is gonna be two posts because one is pictures and the other is talk about stuff I've seen which doesn't feel right humbled in with the picture talk.

The first thing, there have been a couple recent pieces of art where Lorna is wearing Kris Anka's costume redesign concept for her.

By Phillip Sevy and Kyler Clodfelter. They worked together to make their own X-Men Blue/Gold teams then drew the teams. Personally, I'm quite pleased to see Lorna near Jean and Iceman, without Havok around her. Nearness to Gambit is also neat considering the flirty hints of ANXF and the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

Damien Torres, who was commissioned for it.

Damien said he likes the "Magneto motifs." Personally, the bubbles are the one thing I don't like specifically because it comes off as homage to Magneto.

Sans bubbles, I like the design, and I've mentioned it regularly as a great direction for a redesign for her. It takes her iconic costume, and modernizes it to be more in line with her powers and personality.

Separate from the pieces with Anka's design, there's this Ladies of X-Men commission by V Ken Marion.

At least here, there's acknowledgement that Lorna is, in fact, a part of the X-Men franchise and is, in fact, a woman. Unlike the X-women variant cover we've previously discussed that had multiple women on it but left Lorna out despite having plenty of room to add her.

On to my other post.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

And here's my second post.

So first, there's this tweet talking about Lorna and the Hickman's omega classifications. It was in response to one of those Twitter fandom questions, this time "who would you make Omega, who would you take it away from." They also point out, as has been pointed out before, that past comics demonstrate Lorna should be considered Omega if Magneto is.

My own added comments and opinion: the issue at play for the omega matter isn't really "who should be powerful." It's how Magneto being on the list while Lorna's not goes against what's been clearly established in past comics, and as such, shows that decades-old problems with how Marvel sees and treats Lorna (and by extension, everything else they have) persist to this day.

Which leads me into this next tweet about Lorna's history with Krakoa. Now I don't get why it has some of the tags it does, but the tweet does point out how Marvel in 2006 claimed Jean launched Krakoa into space instead of Lorna. Cut to today. In everything Marvel's done, not once have they acknowledged that Lorna launched Krakoa into space. They encouraged people to read Giant-Size X-Men as lead-up to House of X and Powers of X, yet for some reason, Marvel decided an integral player in that story doesn't merit any kind of acknowledgment for her part.

Which, finally, leads me to these tweets about Lorna as presented in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon. Their talk is about Lorna becoming the "new Magneto," but really, what they're talking about is Lorna as she was shaped by the genocide and destruction of Genosha. That show's Lorna would never have taken the path she did without that kind of horror to her name, and fans are clearly very interested in it. Meaning, Marvel should be really acknowledging and using that aspect of her development and history, especially now.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Just as I made a Magnus family thread post, I finally feel up for making posts here today. This is gonna be two posts because one is pictures and the other is talk about stuff I've seen which doesn't feel right humbled in with the picture talk.

The first thing, there have been a couple recent pieces of art where Lorna is wearing Kris Anka's costume redesign concept for her.

By Phillip Sevy and Kyler Clodfelter. They worked together to make their own X-Men Blue/Gold teams then drew the teams. Personally, I'm quite pleased to see Lorna near Jean and Iceman, without Havok around her. Nearness to Gambit is also neat considering the flirty hints of ANXF and the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

Damien Torres, who was commissioned for it.

Damien said he likes the "Magneto motifs." Personally, the bubbles are the one thing I don't like specifically because it comes off as homage to Magneto.

Sans bubbles, I like the design, and I've mentioned it regularly as a great direction for a redesign for her. It takes her iconic costume, and modernizes it to be more in line with her powers and personality.

Separate from the pieces with Anka's design, there's this Ladies of X-Men commission by V Ken Marion.

At least here, there's acknowledgement that Lorna is, in fact, a part of the X-Men franchise and is, in fact, a woman. Unlike the X-women variant cover we've previously discussed that had multiple women on it but left Lorna out despite having plenty of room to add her.

On to my other post.
    loving that group photo, even blink is there
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Extraordinary Member

Blink?

I see Jubilee, Storm, Polaris , Pixie, Domino, Magik and Kitty.

IMG_5043.JPG
    Twitter @patriciooliver

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZPolaris View Post
    IMG_5043.JPG
    Twitter @patriciooliver
    Nice art, but.....

The hell?!?

They count tentacle arm era Jean as an X-Man during this time???

The audacity!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Blink?

I see Jubilee, Storm, Polaris , Pixie, Domino, Magik and Kitty.
    I think they meant the huge group shot (1st pic)

I love love love the last pic, a lineup we should've seen in Wood's X-Men tbh

The third pic does bring about a chance of mixing up Blink and Pixie though, if dare had meant that rather than the first pic. I originally mistook Pixie for Blink before I noticed the wings, which are harder to see in black and white.

Will Evans. My. Thought. Exactly.

Lorna and the wreckage of an airplane from justinmasonart.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2020 at 05:02 PM.

I keep oscillating up and down on the new costume but that really sells it for me. love it

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Anka's costume was so good. A shame we'll probably never see Lorna wear it in-universe.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I keep oscillating up and down on the new costume but that really sells it for me. love it
    Its certainty a fixer upper. It is too young in some aspects, but it unlike her current one it can be tweaked a lot more by the artist. I would think of it as a team specific outfit. The anger and the iconography of Lorna taking down a plane does a lot to sell the outfit though I am not sure without it how well the sale would be had... its up and down for me too.

Anyway news update on X-Men Empyre.

When Marvel Comics solicited Empyre X-Men #3 it was from that ubiquitous artist known only by the initials TBA. We have no idea what they are like, as they are notoriously unreliable and pretty much always when the comic is published, they have been replaced by someone else. So it is with Empyre X-Men #3 originally planned for the 10th of June. Marvel has told retailers that it will now be drawn by Andrea Broccardo. and will have a variant cover by Marcus To. While its June follow-up, Empyre X-Men #4 which was solicited as being written by Jonathan Hickman and TBA, well again TBA is out of luck and the comic will just be written by Jonathan Hickman in isolation.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...our-star-wars/
    Hickman himself his writing all of issue #4. Andrea Broccardo will be drawing issue #3. It looks like the arc and the first few of X-Factor will launch Lorna into the new era. Two issues of Hickman’s X-Men ongoing will tie into the events of Empyre as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-18-2020 at 07:27 PM.

If Lorna's on the To variant.....sublime victory

I'm not super familiar with Broccardo, did a quick google and his style is super cool

Broccardo example.jpg
    broccardo example 2.jpg

I hope he gets very vibrant colouring sort of like on the Magic Bullets cover .. Chances are he will considering the promo we've gotten so far so yay
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 05-18-2020 at 07:45 PM.