Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

That looks like a new costume or at the very least a redesign of her current one. Cant wait to see it colored bc I love it

Looking into it Carlos Gomez is on the as yet unannounced comic which includes Rachel. My best guess would be one of the tie in issues to X-Swords like X-Factor #4. It is not Empyre X-Men. There are some clues on his Instagram page and the twitter posts below.

https://twitter.com/agentfitz777/sta...514560/photo/1

Beyond that yes it looks like a tweaking of her space costume and a positive one, the centerpiece of the outfit looks less like a smock.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-28-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

That'd be great if Lorna was a part of the X-Swords event. I'm still a bit iffy on it, but I'm all for Polaris partaking in major X-Events. It does just seem like that artist's interpretation of her space costume, and we've seen how even for a simple design, people often embellish or change it from the way it was originally depicted.

If it's for X-Swords, it says much (and did on announce) that Lorna's not on marketing art for it.

I would probably say things about the costume, but Havok's presence near Lorna in one of the pictures makes that pretty much irrelevant.

Maybe I should make something akin to Maslow's hierarchy of needs concerning what Lorna needs as a character. Though that might be a bad idea, since Marvel might just look at it for more ideas of what to do wrong. I can at least easily say that in a hierarchy converted to character, Marvel rarely satisfies the equivalent of physiological needs, much less anything higher up the pyramid.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    If it's for X-Swords, it says much (and did on announce) that Lorna's not on marketing art for it.

I would probably say things about the costume, but Havok's presence near Lorna in one of the pictures makes that pretty much irrelevant.

Maybe I should make something akin to Maslow's hierarchy of needs concerning what Lorna needs as a character. Though that might be a bad idea, since Marvel might just look at it for more ideas of what to do wrong. I can at least easily say that in a hierarchy converted to character, Marvel rarely satisfies the equivalent of physiological needs, much less anything higher up the pyramid.
    there's literaly 4 pieces of marketing for the event currentlly, maybe wait for further solicitations ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    there's literaly 4 pieces of marketing for the event currentlly, maybe wait for further solicitations ?
    I don't really feel like waiting for more pieces to come out to say something that's just as true now as it'll be months from now. We already have precedent with House of X. She wasn't on its announcement art, and true to form, her only appearance in all of it was so Magneto could spout exposition at her for a couple pages.

New awesome art by Drew Moss.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

lol that's adorable

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    That'd be great if Lorna was a part of the X-Swords event. I'm still a bit iffy on it, but I'm all for Polaris partaking in major X-Events. It does just seem like that artist's interpretation of her space costume, and we've seen how even for a simple design, people often embellish or change it from the way it was originally depicted.
    Gomez's been teasing Saturnyne sketches as well so its almost guaranteed these are for x of swords . I wonder if they're for excalibur tie ins. and why x-factor's involved . the hype is sinking in-

Finished piece by daimentorresart.

Someone's really liking the Anka redesign given the number of pieces they're commissioning and the level of artist being commissioned.

I repeat that I support the redesign concept as it blends warrior (which... I don't think this piece pulled off but it's still excellent quality) and royal vibes with her iconic costume and hints to her powers with the metallic components and sheen and all. The one thing I don't like is the Magneto bubbles, which honestly the more I see it, the tackier that aspect looks to me. Sans bubbles looks sleeker with more of a modern feel, like designer body armor.

I also think more of a claw or gauntlet look for the hands would add to a knight/warrior vibe, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    lol that's adorable
    There should be a great deal more Lorna and cats art out there. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Awesome Thanks Jmc247

https://www.instagram.com/p/CA1qoSfAQMm/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Technically speaking the head:torso:legs proportions are way off. I do love the detailed background, though.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Awesome Thanks Jmc247
    The best Lorna outfit in that show with the chain mail never made it to air. I would say the show did sell how well a relationship between Lorna and Emma could go when she is allowed her own depth. The little interaction they had in Blue felt adult Jean/Emma lite which is the problem when a writer is pretty clearly recycling 80s/90s nostalgia with Lorna. One of the many problems with Lorna as the poor mans' Jean is that it leads to poor man's Jean dynamics between Lorna and other characters making Lorna's relationships to other characters entirely replaceable.

That brings up an interesting issue for the Krakoa era. In the 60s Lorna was very much a late 60s girl dating two guys and trying to have fun.

By the mid 70s she became the religiously devoted common law wife of Havok who would never sleep with another man or even think about another man even if her significant other was dead or had decided to break up with her and was busy sleeping with 'insert other character'. That image of Lorna carried on for the next several decades of Lorna as really the other half of a couple if they were in relationship or not.

There are really two Lorna's one conservative to the point of being a one man a life time now and forever woman and another sexually open character who feels like she was a creation of the height of the free love era. It will be interesting to see which Lorna shows up in the new era.

Last edited by jmc247; 05-31-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Ultimate Member

Then again the latter page was written by a writer with SEX on the brain so you have to take that into consideration...

I want to see Lorna casually dating. I hope thats something Leah gets to do with her. Thats not something she's been allowed to do since the early 70s, like 40 years ago. Only Bobby and Alex, both the same two men she had history with back then