Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Yikes.......
    I have been pondering about characters likely to end up with a bundle of joy since the Summer and the big to do about having children being one of the three basic laws of Krakoa. The natalist hinting has been part of most of the books in one way or the other.

Those who haven’t had kids before or do not have a half dozen AU kids running around like Jean are less likely I am wagering, but we will see. They have been playing it thick with the baby boom commentary. I am not sure Lorna’s odds in this category as yet.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-14-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I have been pondering about characters likely to end up with a bundle of joy since the Summer and the big to do about having children being one of the three basic laws of Krakoa. The natalist hinting has been part of most of the books in one way or the other.

Those who haven’t had kids before or do not have a half dozen AU kids running around like Jean are less likely I am wagering, but we will see. They have been playing it thick with the baby boom commentary. I am not sure Lorna’s odds in this category as yet.
    The law wasn't about getting women pregnants, Hickman even said that th eline was about getting more mutants via ressurrection and bringing mutants refuges.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The law wasn't about getting women pregnants, Hickman even said that th eline was about getting more mutants via ressurrection and bringing mutants refuges.
    We will find out the end of the year/early next year. Though I will agree that the resurrection of mutants was part of the make more mutants meaning.

Well, I do think making babies is also encouraged though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I do think making babies is also encouraged though.
    Yes, but not a law. Unless Hickman was lying about that, that would put Krakoa as cult for sure

Yes, but not a law. Unless Hickman was lying about that, that would put Krakoa as cult for sure
    I wasn’t arguing they were being forced or mandated. More socially encouraged.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't know, I honestly don't think we'll be getting many pregnancies. Didn't Hickman say that "make more mutants" was just a fun flip of "no more mutants"? I'm not sure it was established because they want an X-Character to give birth.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It definitely fits as Krakoa is an emerging nation-state. Various governments have set up incentives financially and socially to promote childbirth and boost their population growth/economies.

The other alternative would be immigration which I guess Marauders are taking care of?

Regarding all the Havok ****: I'm glad Leah W seems to realize now Polaris fans DON'T WANT THAT. Good on salarta for making it crystal clear (and others also said it to her)

The next step though is to continue the emergent themes around Lorna set up in HoX5 and XM1 about her being more ideologically aligned with her dad, and "tougher" in terms of combat and her mentality.

Re: Costuming yes all green is complete trash although this particular version is better than the pure royal/princess one from her space arc (or rosencanny). Those are the absolute worst and least creative costuming for her possible.

Skulls lol... I mean... if she breaks off from this team in some way or starts straight-up murdering folks then it could work but otherwise if she's being written relatively constrained and playing by the rules, then no to skulls since they will mean nothing.

I'll repeat I enjoyed her BLUE costume, I don't think that in particular is what she needs to wear but just the idea of something more streamlined for her and not always some impractical awkward flowing gown.

I also am NOT a fan of the tiara generally. Again though to me, costume choice ought to match story purpose and current characterization.
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 01-14-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Hi. I had (and still have) things I needed to do. Time to catch up as best I can with the time I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    tbh the comment about havok probably means she understood it isnt a good relantionship, since she didnt care much about lorna its normal for their relantionship to seem "cute" at first glance, but once you care more about lorna it starts to fall apart
    Pretty much what spirit said.

Honestly, talking to a Havok x Polaris shipper and getting their perspective isn't a bad thing. For all my complaints, even I can see ways their relationship could be turned into a good thing, with enough time apart, enough development and respect for Lorna herself, and the right approach when it's the right time. But talking only to a Havok x Polaris shipper and then saying you see them "in a new light" basically says you're now skewed in favor of it and likely to try to write it in even if it's bad for Lorna. Moreso when so many other things about Lorna could've been brought up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    He ain't even up in hurr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. Leah gives good clap-back! I like her.
    Not being in the main cast doesn't mean Leah (or an editor or exec at Marvel telling her what to write) won't decide to bring Havok on for a story arc. Or for cameos. Or have Lorna talk about him constantly throughout the book.

I've seen Marvel's efforts to force Havok on Lorna since X-Men Blue in 2017. Marvel didn't need to announce "Havok's gonna be in this book" to have him completely hijack what was presented at C2E2 that year as her (and Emma's) return to comics after a year of forced limbo.

I'm not naive enough to think "he's not on the roster" means he won't get forced onto her in all sorts of possible ways. And while I know CBR tends to be defensive of Marvel, I've had more agreement on this off-CBR than most things I've said in a while.

Now, back to my other tasks.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Ultimate Member

I don't want Alex to simply be forced on Lorna I think any more than you do salarta, I just think that the only real problem with the pair are the writers and editors not handling them well, in his book Alex seems to be fated to be the fall guy for when Sinister and the others go rogue so I don't see that book being about him, and Kwannon is someone that he doesn't really know or trust so I don't see them together and yeah A/L could happen and it might not, I prefer that it does and others here don't...as for the relationship being toxic and abusive...well any relationship with Magneto can have those elements as well so it's all relative...but I never saw Alex and Lorna's pairing as being either of those, just written poorly at times, if anything over the last several years for Alex he's more been used and abused by writers and such just tossing him around with little to no regard for the character, he wasn't handled well in the movies either anyway...

I don't know if the person that Williams talked to is an Alex/Lorna shipper or not, so that could be telling...

I don't think that Alex is going to be a regular in X-Factor but could show up...

I just feel that all of these books already have an expiration date on them...and I've never liked the all green look for Lorna, my favorite look for her was the blue and yellow look from the 90's...

The person that Leah talked is a havok/polaris shipper, and the biggest Alex Summers fan ever.

I Agree with Salarta, Leah only talked with one side. It's always good to hear the two sides.

Alex can drop in any moment on the book, he not being a regular doesn't stop a romance with Lorna happening. There was rumours of Hellions being a mini

writer said that we will see romance for everyone in the book. Since northstar is gay is not him, prodigy and eyeboy are teenagers. So there is Daken and Blob that are on her age.

Well remembering that Magneto is her father and no one have a choice on that

Fantastic Member

The person that Leah talked is a havok/polaris shipper, and the biggest Alex Summers fan ever.

I Agree with Salarta, Leah only talked with one side. It's always good to hear the two sides.

Alex can drop in any moment on the book, he not being a regular doesn't stop a romance with Lorna happening. There was rumours of Hellions being a mini

writer said that we will see romance for everyone in the book. Since northstar is gay is not him, prodigy and eyeboy are teenagers. So there is Daken and Blob that are on her age.

Well remembering that Magneto is her father and no one have a choice on that
    I’m not even that fond of L and A together, but let’s reality check here in general (not directed at the quoted post): what I saw on twitter and here is kind of crazy, or at least confusing things with say, government protests.

Kathy Bates is Misery WAS NOT a life goal. Perspective. Frothing at the mouth over a ship is just a fast way not to take your point or yourselves real seriously.

Star Wars fans = cautionary tale.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I’m not even that fond of L and A together, but let’s reality check here in general (not directed at the quoted post): what I saw on twitter and here is kind of crazy, or at least confusing things with say, government protests.

Kathy Bates is Misery WAS NOT a life goal. Perspective. Frothing at the mouth over a ship is just a fast way not to take your point or yourselves real seriously.

Star Wars fans = cautionary tale.
    People are talking about ships, some people will always take things too far. Some people kill other because they root for a different football team. Some just see a play here and there.

It's comics there isn't anything serious about it

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post

Kathy Bates is Misery WAS NOT a life goal. Perspective.
    This might become my new signature. Thanks MChick.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!