Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1765

Speaking of mobile games, this just happened an hour ago.

The original image is Wanda from Marvel Avengers Alliance. I've seen (and posted) many cases of Wanda images and figurines recolored to Lorna, because Marvel doesn't provide those things and Wanda's both her sister and the visually closest to Lorna's look. If Lorna had been in Marvel Avengers Alliance, I'm sure this recolor never would've been made. Just goes to show the level of fan interest in Lorna out there that Marvel never meets, and how those fans will make for themselves whenever Marvel doesn't provide.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Extraordinary Member

Back when they were still sisters, was it said by characters that Wanda and Lorna looked alike?

imo aside from the costuming they don't rly look alike
    but I dont remember it ever being commented on anywhere

I don't recall any characters in any media remarking how similar Lorna and Wanda look. I don't think I've seen it happen involving Lorna and Enchantress either. It would be cool to see in-universe comments on how their costumes ended up so similar entirely independent of each other next time the sisters get to have sister time though.

Actually, this also raises the question of where the costumes for each originated "in-universe." I know Lorna's was from Magneto (which the comics claimed was a robot but I choose to ignore because it's stupid). Was Wanda's? What I mean here is we explicitly know Lorna's base costume came from the whole "Magneto's daughter, Queen of Mutants" bit but I don't know if Magneto directed Wanda's clothes or she selected them for herself.

I don't think we really need an answer to that question, but if it has/had an answer then it could raise more questions. Was Lorna's costume inspired by Wanda's? Did Magneto want to sneakily suggest the two are sisters without outright saying so, perhaps to subconsciously encourage them to spend time together, but it never happened? Do the sisters simply have very similar taste in clothes and other things (keeping in mind Lorna decided to keep the basic design and make changes over time)?

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

I dont think her original costume really looked anything like Wanda's. Polaris didnt start to wear a SW-like costume till the design that was introduced by Tan in Brubaker's UXM run and that was after the two were established as sisters. Even then I really think it comes down to the headpiece as I think there would be less comparisons without it

lol yeah honestly the headdress is the most in common I rly see. aside from them both being monochromatic

uncoloured Lorna probably looks a lot more like Amora. but even then ..

As a point of comparison to the above pictures, we have Wanda nursing a hangover after she had 100 too many drinks the night before.

And Wanda looking on in horror at a pack of wild bees in a trenchcoat while dad gives her the side eye.

I think what generates those comparisons is both the headgear and the monochromatic costumes. They're not exact duplicates (and they shouldn't be; and Lorna's original had more details and variety before it got narrowed down), but they're close enough.

God, Wanda's early costume was ugly too. They really didnt know how to design good looks for women, especially if youn consider Jean's MG costume

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    imo aside from the costuming they don't rly look alike
    but I dont remember it ever being commented on anywhere
    I looked it up and they never talked about each other nor were on the same panel until 20 years ago (as of last month and this month) in DS #1-2. It was their first on panel meeting.

https://i.postimg.cc/Bvrkc6M2/x2.png

One can read into that they might have known each other from many years before that, but probably not well.

Wanda was written into Lorna's failed wedding as the curly haired woman at her wedding party in red, but they didn't talk. Lorna reveled her parentage to Wanda in Of Darkest of Nights UXM #442 and was there for issue #443 which still stands as Lorna's single best comic. That was 2004 and after that other then AU stuff Lorna and Wanda don't talk until 2014 in ANXF #14 where they met up and a few months later Axis came around.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-07-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

OMGoddess!!! My eyes! My Eyes!!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

So Wanda doesnt wear underwear

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Wanda doesnt wear underwear
    She’s was always going commando.

Why do you think Toad was always crouching down.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-07-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    God, Wanda's early costume was ugly to
    im still floored by the fact that they gave her a goatee mask and thought it was remotely okay !

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I looked it up and they never talked about each other nor were on the same panel until 20 years ago (as of last month and this month) in DS #1-2. It was their first on panel meeting.

https://i.postimg.cc/Bvrkc6M2/x2.png

One can read into that they might have known each other from many years before that, but probably not well.

Wanda was written into Lorna's failed wedding as the curly haired woman at her wedding party in red, but they didn't talk. Lorna reveled her parentage to Wanda in Of Darkest of Nights UXM #442 and was there for issue #443 which still stands as Lorna's single best comic. That was 2004 and after that other then AU stuff Lorna and Wanda don't talk until 2014 in ANXF #14 where they met up and a few months later Axis came around.
    so they definitely looked nothing alike when they first met lol
    I wish we got more ridiculously dysfunctional sister moments tbh . I wonder if we'll see them interact when the Pretender stuff comes to a head...juicy

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why do you think Toad was always crouching down.
    lolll get out !

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    so they definitely looked nothing alike when they first met lol
    I wish we got more ridiculously dysfunctional sister moments tbh . I wonder if we'll see them interact when the Pretender stuff comes to a head...juicy
    That is a good question and it will depend on if she can fit into the story or if Mags will crowd out any narrative for her there? My feeling is that Magneto emotionally speaking can't be a bad cop with her so there is narrative space for the character to be had. There was narrative to be had for Lorna many places last decade if Marvel had been willing to see beyond her really generic 80s/90s characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Lorna should be enjoying the company of several different people. After being dedicated to the same dude, she's earned it.
    That was what should have happened back in the mid 2000s after her failed wedding, its far less capable of being provocative, evocative, or even signifying something different about the character at a time everyone else is doing the same. I am not against it happening, but if it happens now it will be at a time it will be entirely obscured by the characters who are always in the limelight leading the charge before her unless they make it functionally very different and that is hard to do.

Its the same problem with Lorna and mutant rights where they finally give her back some interest in mutant issues, but the fact the A list is all mutant nationalists now obscures her POV mattering now that they finally gave it to her back after a decade and a half. At least Hickman gave her back her human skepticism as well which still lets her stand out some from some of the other x-women.

Lorna's biggest problem before and now is coming off redundant with the other higher profile female x-women that fans already care about. While she does deserve a chance to party there needs to be some hook to let her stand out of the pack if its going to matter, otherwise its a storyline better off waiting until her contemporaries have sobered up.

Good storyline idea, but worst of all possible timings to execute it.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-08-2020 at 09:46 AM.

More often lately, I've started commenting on a devil's advocate "If I were to pretend I'm fine with HoX/PoX/DoX, here's what could be done within its context" level, as I figure it doesn't hurt to say them. For a variety of reasons. Feels appropriate to say some more now.

If Lorna were to be used in HoX/PoX/DoX, the core of her involvement should be based on surviving Genosha. Although Magneto led Genosha, and other characters like Emma also survived, the genocide had its biggest direct, personal impact on Lorna. It gave her some very intense PTSD. It led to her heavily questioning all the "given wisdom" of Xavier's philosophy, although a less noted undercurrent is that she didn't exactly go full "extremist Magneto" either. Lorna's personality shifted in line with those dark and horrifying experiences, and she demonstrated new use of her powers that she never showed prior. And leading up to the genocide, Lorna had been there to find her place, learning from her father (and eventually learning he IS her father), ostensibly with the promise of what such a nation could bring. Many other characters, you could say had fully established themselves before Genosha, but Lorna was basically finally getting to find her own place while there - and then it was taken from her. As was her father and many other things to follow.

If there's any character who best represents what happened to Genosha, Lorna is it.

Now what Lorna's views are about Krakoa and the place of mutants in this world is still very open-ended. It can go a lot of ways. However, any plan of where to take it is going to have to grapple with the context of how Krakoa as Marvel decided to construct it up to this point has randomly decided Lorna has absolutely zero worth despite her history with Genosha, despite launching Krakoa into space, despite being the second woman to join the X-Men, and so, so many other things they've ignored about Lorna's past 52 years.

Maybe Lorna was offered a high place in Krakoa but refused. If so, why? Why would someone who was part of Genosha not want to be there? Is she still grappling with PTSD and afraid of being too involved? If so, there needs to be a character arc of her dealing with that trauma, and it needs to be prominent in the franchise rather than tossed to the fringes and buried where nobody will see it, otherwise it's insulting. And if she came to terms with it, would she still be able to take a prominent place within Krakoa?

Maybe Lorna doesn't believe in the Krakoa plan. If so, why? Does she think it'll end up like Genosha? If she does, then why isn't she being more vocal? In such a scenario, someone who experienced the horror of millions she cared about dying all around her would have some words, only alternative being if she's laying low to plan something big later. At this point, her silence for about a year now means you'd now have to expect it being addressed with her to be a huge franchise moment to offset the complete absence of her voice on this matter.

Maybe Lorna's not involved with Krakoa because she thinks a real solution will require challenging humans in their own lands, not isolation. Possibly an even more extremist take than the "mutant extremists" that they are now, or alternately, a good will ambassador influencing changes in opinion directly. But then, again, we'll need to see huge moments of this in future storylines with Lorna at the center. If she's hardly anywhere, it doesn't do justice to her experience with Genosha.

No matter what way you go about it, other characters should be remembering and mentioning Lorna relative to what happened with Genosha anyway. It makes no sense for Lorna to have been revered as a peoples' princess and queen of mutants again, only suddenly for absolutely nobody to remember she had anything to do with Genosha. Even a Krakoan "media blackout" of her name tied to Genosha wouldn't explain this. Excuses could be made like she's been blacklisted, or Magneto thinks he's "protecting" her, or Lorna requested it for privacy due to trauma, and those excuses could work retroactively - possibly even lead to great stories depending on how they're handled. But they would only work retroactively if the "blackout" were to falter in the end. Likewise, if Xavier wiped the memory of Lorna on Genosha from everyone, that would have to come out and lead to a HUGE story about the ethics of it regardless of slant. Otherwise it's insulting, and blatantly done as an attempt not to use her.

These are just some ideas. The underlying point is, given what she's been through and how she's developed, she should have way, way more value and narrative activity than both what Marvel's done this past year and what they've publicly announced as plans with her. Not just because "this fan really really likes the character and wants more," but because objectively, her character history shows she should have a much bigger role than Marvel's been willing to give her. There is literally no good reason for Lorna to be doing so little and have so little presence when she has this much vital history with all the key points of this scenario.