Page 69 of 118 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1765
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm waiting for more information. Also thanks for the link to the X-Men Reload paperback, I preordered it tonight. First physical Marvel comic I'm buying since 2015, and first physical Marvel product I'm buying since whenever the figurine came out.

On a separate topic, I found a NSFW comic recently made with the Krakoa setting that includes Lorna, and ironically, it's better than anything I've seen from Marvel concerning Lorna in the past 5 years. She's spending time with colleagues she hasn't spent time with in decades. She's not defined by how she can be used to benefit other characters. She's having relationships with characters that aren't Havok, both men and women. Also, more panel time than anything from the past year. It says a lot when NSFW content does more for a character than the company that owns copyright.
    Lol. Good, no Havok. And hopefully no Magneto either!

No Magneto! For her, it was a four-way with Wolverine, Psylocke and Magik. But as the comic's one big orgy, others are around too.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

To salarta. Somewhat off-topic but what type of artists do you commission in general? I haven't done before so I am curious.

I look at hentai a lot, so I tend to commission hentai artists whose style I really like. Mlad who I commissioned for the Polaris minicomic is someone I got to know from one of the hentai sites I frequent. There’s a lot of great artists making that kind of content, and that they make NSFW content often doesn’t mean they won’t make SFW content too.

Plus if your goal is for a romance style commission, many artists that make hentai already have a sense for romance style content.

In the past few years, who I’ve commissioned has also expanded to artists who are also into Polaris or Magnus family content, or artists that pop up on my Twitter or Tumblr feeds whose art I really like. But I try to match whatever idea I have with the artist’s style.

Also if you haven’t looked at it yet, the link to my Polaris commissions includes the names of the artists I’ve commissioned. And my pixiv account has many non-Polaris things I’ve commissioned (but not all; there are some amazing commissions of Rosa from FF4 I got pre-pixiv that aren’t on there).
    Last edited by salarta; 07-11-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

A fan of Lorna’s Deadpool future Brotherhood costume. Polaris vs Sentinels by David Stoll.

Ran across this tweet the other day.

I've said before that what I like about the usage of Magneto's helmet with Lorna in WatXM and the wedding issues of Uncanny X-men is that they served a meaningful purpose for Lorna herself. On Uncanny, it signified Lorna in that moment becoming more extreme and vicious. That she's Magneto's daughter adds more weight to the scene, but she had a reason of her own for wearing it. On WatXM, it represented her loss of innocence, and the extent of her trauma as a survivor. Magneto's helmet in WatXM showed how deeply her ordeal affected her and still affects her. But, in both cases, the helmet came paired with Lorna as the primary focus in those storylines that got to the roots of why she's wearing the helmet (without explicitly saying why she is). Uncanny's storyline was all about Lorna raging over her losses (being left at the altar being one cut too many for her in that story). WatXM's was primarily about Lorna living in Genosha's ruins, sharing what she'd been through and how it affected her.

By contrast, Lorna in Deadpool and the Mercs for Money didn't have a reason for ditching her own aesthetics to take on Magneto's. She wasn't grieving the loss of better times, or raging over the injustices heaped upon her, and the story wasn't focused on her. The only reason for Lorna having that look was to show how important Magneto is through her, with an implication that she needs to visually remind people who her dad is in order to lead.

It's true that if any character is going to wear Magneto's helmet, Lorna's the only appropriate character for it outside of very specific circumstances due to being his daughter. But there has to be a deeper personal reason too, and Lorna's own personality still needs to be very much present (i.e. "green" isn't her only defining visual trait). Otherwise, I can see that very easily slipping into making Lorna's ties to her father just as toxic as those with Havok have become. The daughter may inherit and run her father's store, but it doesn't mean she has to become him.

Speaking of stories focused on Lorna: when was the last time any story in Marvel's comics did that? Not just "Oh she happens to be in the comic," I mean the story is specifically focused on her? Last time I remember for 616 Lorna is All-New X-Factor #14 in late 2014. Or if relationship-focused content doesn't count, then last time I remember is her origin story back in 2012. Meaning it's been 6-8 years since Marvel made anything that's actually about Lorna.

On other topics, we have Lorna fandom deep enough for purchasing leather shoes/boots like Lorna of Gifted would wear.

And then this X-women fanart by mic?

It's always good to see content from fans acknowledging her as a meaningful and important part of the X-Men franchise.

Last edited by juan678; 07-12-2020 at 04:39 PM.

It's time to post my newest commission from bikenesmith!

I previously commissioned him for the "Polarises of Color" (his cool naming) commission of Lorna. The original idea of Lorna and Jean getting married grew out to who would be good in maid/matron of honor and best man roles, and I think this works out quite well. <3

And then I saw this a few minutes ago and knew I had to post it too.

It was commissioned by bobbytriesatlife, from average-xmendrawings.

Vishop, this and my commission from my previous post are two cases of artists that I find out about from Polaris stuff that are available for commissions.

Vishop, this and my commission from my previous post are two cases of artists that I find out about from Polaris stuff that are available for commissions.
    I live this look! No overdose of green. The white pops out and contrasts beautifully with the green.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

I really like this look. Just need heels to put it over the top.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

It needs a cape. Something feels off without one. At least give her longer hair if she is to be without

Yeah, I think it needs the cape too. It seems to me like it’s inspired by the Anka redesign concept, without the Magneto bubbles (which I’m glad aren’t there).

Honestly, the more I see costumes in the vein of the redesign concept, the more I feel “sleek and slim” isn’t really the right look. IMO it’d be better if it looked closer to knight armor. This piece is obviously still great though.

Took a break to draw my three favorite x-ladies.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Took a break to draw my three favorite x-ladies.

That would be one hell of a trio to fight against.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.