Page 70 of 118 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1765
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That would be one hell of a trio to fight against.
    Could Kitty, Illyana and Rachel take them on?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It needs a cape. Something feels off without one. At least give her longer hair if she is to be without
    Its a good outfit, but it does needs a more of a regal look unless she is on an black ops or Acolytes like team and she isn't its leader and then it would really be up to the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Took a break to draw my three favorite x-ladies.

Good job, its too bad we hardly ever see them interact together. I think Marvel with Lorna had a big problem in the 70s, 80s, and 90s not knowing what to do with Lorna and alternating between depicting her as the Jean and the Storm (usually the Jean) which created a situation where writers couldn't figure out what to do in terms of making the three interacting interesting. The key to that is now in the hands of Marvel as they have a depiction of Lorna that is different enough from the other two to compliment all three of them interacting as long as they decide to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup, yup. Thanks for the heads up, V!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/x-me...f-x-dawn-of-x/

These are from the Bleeding Cool link above. Gorgeous!

Thanks Jbenito

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Took a break to draw my three favorite x-ladies.

Good work! It also does a good job of demonstrating female affinity for headgear.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Polaris, Banshee, Trinary, Angel, and Rictor? Love it.

Lorna and Warren? YES!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That green and white costume reminds me of American colonial men's costuming with the white "stockings". The whole thing looks very dated.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Lorna and Warren? YES!
    Then thereis Havok :P

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Could Kitty, Illyana and Rachel take them on?
    The only real problem would be Magik.

The other 2 wouldn't dare raise a hand to their mommas...lol

Hell, Storm kind of raised Illyana in Limbo too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The only real problem would be Magik.

The other 2 wouldn't dare raise a hand to their mommas...lol

Hell, Storm kind of raised Illyana in Limbo too.
    This reminds me that despite being one of the 1960s marvel heroines and oldest female X-Men, Lorna has never been a mentor or trainer to any younger mutant. As opposed to Jean and Storm.

This reminds me that despite being one of the 1960s marvel heroines and oldest female X-Men, Lorna has never been a mentor or trainer to any younger mutant. As opposed to Jean and Storm.
    While it wasnt explored well, she was a mentor to the O5 and Jimmy in Bunn's run and later the Madripoor mutants at her school

Her role in the book before leading was training the kids

True, maybe Hellion would be a good pick for her.

While it wasnt explored well, she was a mentor to the O5 and Jimmy in Bunn's run and later the Madripoor mutants at her school

Her role in the book before leading was training the kids
    While I'm not a fan of the artwork I love Lorna here. Sexy
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-15-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Then thereis Havok :P
    Where? All I see is Underdog.

It all goes hand in hand with Marvel's lack of respect for the character, and desire to pretend she has nothing to offer. I THOUGHT they were trying to rectify that back in the early to mid 2010s when they finally told her origin story (after 44 years without it) and finally had her leading a team of her own (after 46 years without having led a team), but since 2015 it's become very apparent that Marvel thought doing exactly two things that were decades overdue (without any real promotion at that, among other issues) was sufficient catch-up and that they should now be fine to regress and ignore her again for the next 50 years.

I also have suspicions of certain people at Marvel based on their past comments and work. They're things I don't plan to go into unless it becomes necessary.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm fine with Lorna not being a mentor. She did technically start a school as well, but I wasn't fond of that personally. Let Polaris fight on the front lines please.

Realistically, putting more thought into it, I think Lorna taking the mentor route is around the bottom of things Lorna needs. She has decades worth of potential and untold stories that really need to be untapped into first and foremost.

Aside from that, there's a lot of risk to Lorna in such a scenario at the moment. Marvel has a track record of misusing Lorna to benefit other characters.

In a good, proper, ideal scenario, Lorna as a mentor would be mutually beneficial. Lorna would get to demonstrate her wisdom and experience as a veteran, the mentee would get to try new things (sometimes successful, sometimes not), and they'd develop from each other. But with Marvel's track record, there's a huge chance that Lorna would be written more in the vein of "Here's this washed up hag, passing on what little worth she has left to someone younger and cooler than her so she can retire to a life of washing Havok's dishes for eternity."

That last bit is a little sarcastic. Only a little. It's Marvel.