Page 75 of 118 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1765

Some more to add in.

From serxarisa.

From teal-bandit, who's awesome as always, of the Magnus family.

This is one I didn't post when it came out. For Father's Day, casualclixin posted their themed Magnus family heroclix.

As for the Polaris vs Storm piece, the piece itself is good but I wouldn't really want to see them fighting in the comics again unless something interrupted to prevent it reaching a clear conclusion. The inevitable outcome would be Storm winning for multiple reasons. It could be worthwhile even with that inevitable outcome if there is something admirable to be gleaned from it, such as Lorna having a strong moral stance she's defending in the fight or being so persistent in coming back to the fight that her tenacious will comes through, but I'm doubtful that Marvel would give her anything of the sort.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another great Polaris redesign. Hits all the marks of a classic Lorna costume, and I like the added addition of that dark pink (or it might be purple, not sure). Think it works well with the rest of the design, and helps break up all that green.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    This is awesome art and a pretty cool redesign! I love Lorna art and a good redesign. Do you all like her X-Factor Krakoa design?
    I like it! Design wise, its a deviation from what we're use to seeing Lorna wear, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Artists need to shake things up now and again to keep things fresh.

omg the new X-Factor 4 variant cover is CRAZY!!!!!!

AIPT: OK, let’s get into some character questions. Heroine Addict (@MutantMusesX3) wanted to know what your thoughts are on Polaris’ connection and relationship with her father Magneto. Moving forward, will it get attention, be developed and progress?

Leah: They’re learning each other. Neither of them has ever really had the opportunity to explore this relationship before; or their individual roles as father and daughter. Developing this out is definitely one of the most important potential story opportunities in casting Polaris.
    A Polaris(?) variant, and Q/A with Leah Williams.

Thanks to Heroine Addict for asking!

Extraordinary Member

Lorna returning in her peak younger body by the Five?

One thing Magneto has over Charles, is that he actually has a relationship with his daughter.
    Xavier has never even met Xandra yet.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-27-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

A Polaris(?) variant, and Q/A with Leah Williams.

Thanks to Heroine Addict for asking!
    awesome Soulsword323 thanks

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's a shame we've lost RB Silva to F4...I hope he'll still take the time do a few X-covers occasionally.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If that's Polaris (as the AIPT article suggests), then it's a good cover. Gives off Lady of the Lake vibes.

The question about Magneto and answer to it is fairly typical and expected. The only thing it really does is confirm that Marvel isn't planning to retcon Lorna out of being his daughter right this second. I saw the AIPT thread asking for questions, and when I last looked at it, a majority of the questions were about Lorna and more than one asked specifically about Genosha. I don't know if Chris Hassan selected the questions for Leah to answer or if Hassan presented all of them and Leah picked what she wanted (though she could've looked at the thread herself and picked; she was tagged on it). Now obviously it would be absurd to expect a Q&A for a whole book to be all or heavily about one character. But out of 12 questions, the only one focused specifically on Polaris didn't really offer anything we didn't already know. The one positive to it for me is that it wasn't about Havok again.

Lorna does come up in other questions, but in a very vague way. Leah says Rachel clicks with Lorna right away, which implies awareness of their having been in space, but doesn't outright say so. Leah later says in a question about Prodigy's trauma that she could've answered the same about Lorna and others on the team, but that doesn't say anything about which trauma, or if all of them. Is her Genosha history bundled in that? Or is it only about getting possessed by Malice and her experience with Genosha is still being ignored (which I'm starting to lean toward thinking it's editorial mandate not to acknowledge Genosha for her, especially if it doesn't factor into Empyre).

Also Leah takes a Rachel question for the one to answer about history of traumatic experiences (mind control and such). Two questions relating specifically to Northstar, which is to be expected for the character who's leading the team, but shows where the focus of the book lies.

All in all, the AIPT interview just further reaffirms for me what I've been expecting, and that it's bad place for Lorna. Lorna naked on a cover holding up a sword isn't a substitute for acknowledgment of critical character history, and that history is more important than taking up a question to reiterate something we already know.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

RB's Polaris is always great. I do love seeing Lorna on the cover, holding a sword, but like I said in another thread, I don't know if a variant would be showing something like this. However, we did see Polaris on the "sacrifice" card, so perhaps she does die and is later revived. I wonder if this will lead to a change for Lorna. We know people can request changes in their will or whatever, and maybe this could potentially lead to some interesting developments for her.

I also think it'd be cool to see Polaris with one of the swords, but I don't know if the silhouette cover alludes to Polaris.

Some good news.

This tweet is probably the closest Lorna's been to either of her siblings in 5 years.

RB did a solid job once again. Its a good variant though I will remain circumspect as to what if anything it means. And, as for the second Polaris card, Topps certainly has a Polaris fan or two there.

In terms of Leah I want her to be successful and I want Lorna to have a good run. Those two things are complimentary. I very much noticed her blanket comment in regard to trauma of the cast as well in both the audio interview and the text one. Moving forward together and healing which was a statement I think I heard could work great rather then rehashing, but one can't move forward if one doesn't accept the past as existing (other then her piss poor mind control storylines they actually do rehash endlessly).

I do still think Empyre is the perfect place to do a level of what she termed 'rehashing' of Genosha before moving forward and healing. I am not going to blame Leah if it doesn't happen there (she will be co-writing issue #2), but it will be a blow to the character and X-Factor going forward.

I am going to try to be optimistic for the time being, but I do think Lorna's last several ongoing titles writers tried with her and deserve credit for that, but their ultimate failure lay in not respecting her history surviving the genocide and in doing so not giving the character a grounding pathos to let the reader and writer know what motivates her and drives her thinking which does always lead to her being written around other characters.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I liked the interview (Lorna, Rachel and Jean-Paul deserve so much love, I'm glad Leah seems to be aware of this) and I love this cover variant, but a fear crossed my mind
    With Hellions showing Alex plunging back into Madelyne's arms, I'm afraid they'll still link Lorna to Alex
    With any luck, Lorna might lift her sword to go kick Alex's ass and stay with teammates who won't overshadow her, but that would be overestimating Marvel
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 07-27-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I liked the interview (Lorna, Rachel and Jean-Paul deserve so much love, even if X-factor is going to be disappointing, I would always be happy with Leah's answers) and I love this cover variant, but a fear crossed my mind
    With Hellions showing Alex plunging back into Madelyne's arms, I'm afraid they'll still link Lorna to Alex
    With any luck, Lorna might lift her sword to go kick Alex's ass and stay with teammates who won't overshadow her, but that would be overestimating Marvel
    Looks like for the foreseeable Alex is dealing with the Maddie problem. Aside from some teamwork in an event book, I don’t see any signs to an ongoing narrative between the two.

Im disappointed that Leah didnt have much to say about Lorna in her recent BOTA interview