Page 76 of 118 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im disappointed that Leah didnt have much to say about Lorna in her recent BOTA interview
    I think she couldn't, she couldn't give too much away! Even about Rachel it was more about how Rachel, Lorna, and Northstar are both going through things that draw them close together as friends in the book! It sounds like the three of them are the tightest part of the team!

You know what I want to see, is Lorna have occasional meals with her father! Just simple family stuff, I would love that if the rare times that Magneto just acts normal is when he is with Lorna! He already appears to be a more open and honest with Lorna then he is with everyone else, so I think he is trying really hard to have a good relationship with his daughter and make up for past mistakes! Probably a bit haunted by what happened with Wanda and Pietro and realizing he needs to work hard to make sure he can have a good relationship with the only family he has left!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lorna returning in her peak younger body by the Five?
    ?? Does Lorna currently have an old body that I'm unaware of?

I love everything about the variant cover except for the way her lady bits are covered. Kinda amateurish for such a talented artist... giving me fan art vibes. But the rest is amazing as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think she couldn't, she couldn't give too much away! Even about Rachel it was more about how Rachel, Lorna, and Northstar are both going through things that draw them close together as friends in the book! It sounds like the three of them are the tightest part of the team!

You know what I want to see, is Lorna have occasional meals with her father! Just simple family stuff, I would love that if the rare times that Magneto just acts normal is when he is with Lorna! He already appears to be a more open and honest with Lorna then he is with everyone else, so I think he is trying really hard to have a good relationship with his daughter and make up for past mistakes! Probably a bit haunted by what happened with Wanda and Pietro and realizing he needs to work hard to make sure he can have a good relationship with the only family he has left!
    I still felt she said more about the other characters. Even Daken, Northstar and heck Blob got more mention than Lorna. Part of it was the hosts though as they didnt seem interested in Lorna and focused more on her other cast when it came to asking the questions

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    ?? Does Lorna currently have an old body that I'm unaware of?

I love everything about the variant cover except for the way her lady bits are covered. Kinda amateurish for such a talented artist... giving me fan art vibes. But the rest is amazing as usual!
    No she doesnt. Lorna is already at her peak. She is among the youngest of the original pre-GS lineup alongside Bobby and Alex which should place her in her late 20s. That whole line about characters coming back to their peak age works better for older characters like Cable, Xavier and Magneto, not Lorna
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-27-2020 at 01:17 PM.

I still felt she said more about the other characters. Even Daken, Northstar and heck Blob got more mention than Lorna. Part of it was the hosts though as they didnt seem interested in Lorna and focused more on her other cast when it came to asking the questions
    That has been true from her interviews since the start. She commented on Lorna’s relationships first Havok then Mags, but I have been interested as well in how she regards her as a character, but feel I have a good idea for the rest of her cast except Aurora.

Two days before getting hint how she sees Lorna herself. If I am sometimes a bit obnoxious about Marvel respecting Lorna’s history. It’s actually to help writers as they tend to have trouble seeing Lorna as more then a cipher to write around other characters when just using vague 80s/90s depictions to write her. We don’t know if that is true again, but we will know soon.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-27-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member

No she doesnt. Lorna is already at her peak. She is among the youngest of the original pre-GS lineup alongside Bobby and Alex which should place her in her late 20s. That whole line about characters coming back to their peak age works better for older characters like Cable, Xavier and Magneto, not Lorna
    Yeah but most times (not all times) the body is at its peak at age 25 for men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think even if avoiding spoilers is a concern, Genosha could have been acknowledged. It's possible to say "Yes, I'm keeping Lorna's experience with Genosha in mind as I write her personality" without that meaning Leah's guaranteed to do anything major with Genosha. She didn't have any issues with talking about Lorna and Magneto exploring their relationship, or with saying she talked to a friend of hers about Polaris x Havok. I actually take the avoidance of Genosha and similar topics as closer to confirmation that she's going to completely ignore them, or editorial told her to ignore them, rather than meaning she can't talk about them due to spoilers.

I could be wrong, of course. We'll only know when it comes out.

But frankly speaking, in a hypothetical scenario where Leah's keeping it under wraps to avoid spoilers, it's.... not the best idea. Especially if it's not going to be a huge mind-blowing storyline that Marvel promotes like crazy. Part of the reason All-New X-Factor #14 sold better than #13 despite being the second issue of a double-shipping month and not having its cover out til a week before release was because awareness of Lorna and Wanda spending time together on it came out several months before. Holding such things back only hurts sales. I have no reason to read the book if all I've been cued to expect from Lorna on it is "has relationships with exactly two men, one of whom she has a long history of getting treated badly around." Whereas I would have some reason to check it out if I knew it was going to use and restore vital things for the character.

Reminds me of when I was a little less pessimistic about Marvel, and at the time I was willing to indulge the idea during Blue of teen Lorna getting brought to the present and seeing Lorna train herself.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah but most times (not all times) the body is at its peak at age 25 for men and women.
    Whats the difference between Lorna being 27 vs 25? They are functionally the same thing.

Here's the Polaris questions sent in for AIPT that were not included in the interview, and therefore not answered. Some are multiple separate questions from the same person; not necessarily a different person for each question. Also I'm including everything I can see, regardless of my views on it. And for emphasis: everything I can see. I can't post questions from tweets I can't see.

Again, the choice of question for Polaris could be on AIPT, not Leah. I don't know their selection process. But it gives an idea of what people wanted to know vs what they heard.

Lorna’s one of X-Men’s more complicated characters with her history with mental illness / trauma & she’s not been written properly (Prisoner X being the exception), are you going to explore her psyche deeper or is this more of a “clean slate”?
    "... making sure she has the available bandwidth for so, so much more growth... #Polaris is THE north star. For everything."

Hey-hey, Leah, I just ��'d this early takeaway from you. I got the impression then & have since, that it might mean she already has or soon will... ... other responsibilities, that eXtend beyond and/or outside of #XFAQtor. Or are at least... adjacent to it, maybe? My thinking was a... liaison, of sorts, perhaps? Guess what I'm asking is, will Lorna's "growth" involve elevating her position, in #Krakoa's hierarchy?
    Each one of those characters are going to have a small story of their own.... especially Polaris. Are we going to see any interaction with Polaris and her old crew? I'm talking about Guido, Quicksilver, MM etc.
    Polaris was a survivor of the attack on Genosha. Will we see how that has impacted her views on wanting Krakoa to work and the importance of the resurrection protocols?
    Lorna’s main involvement with X-Factor has been “mutant response”. She joined to aid missions that involved responding to other mutants. Will we see more of that and her motivations to protect/uplift mutant kind in the Krakoa era?
    Hi Leah! Since this book is basically the coroners of Krakoa, how far has The Five gotten to the victims of the Genoshan massacre and how much of that trauma still reverbs in Polaris’ life even as lives are restored? Can even the reversal of death heal the trauma of annihilation?
    Some Polaris fans are talking about Lorna exploring her sexuality. Some have mentioned her exploring with Rachel. I myself see their relationship as more big sister little sister or aunt and niece. Any thoughts on the pairing or how you view the relationship between these two?
    Rachel and Polaris are two women who have small but mighty fanbases but never really seem to catch on on a larger scale. What do you think these women need to do to really break through to the next level? Does the shadow of their parents loom too heavily over them?
    How X-Factor #4 going to bring Havok and Polaris together? Friends? Lovers? Enemies? Any chance to see Polaris using her powers to the next level? Are we going to see Polaris taking over as leadership? Will Aurora and Polaris become good friends?

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

30FF12 - Polaris
    By LadyOfMetal666

https://www.deviantart.com/ladyofmet...aris-848341250

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Blob-feet! Blob-feet!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Yes! I broadly agree with this! Although I preferred her purple Larocca costume to the purple X-Factor one.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

I agree with 10-7, not really anything after. 6's All-New X-Factor costume I was okay with because it had a purpose, it wasn't a reflection of choice for Lorna, and she was team leader.

Anyway, cross-post.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Given nowadays the comics have characters naked (though covered/obscured) often, and the board allows swearing more, I'm assuming these pieces of art are fine to post here. If they're not, I just need to be told and I won't post similar stuff in the future.

Polaris by Emerald--Weapon

Scarlet Witch by Emerald--Weapon

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Lorna's purple Shi'ar costume is great. If the collar wasn't as large, it'd be perfect IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Yes! I broadly agree with this! Although I preferred her purple Larocca costume to the purple X-Factor one.
    I was disappointed Larocca's upcoming variant cover for Empyre #4 didn't include Lorna, but yes the Reload era did have a strong costume and even stronger story arc for the character. Wanda brought back the dead on Genosha in issue #1, but it didn't go as she planned.

Leah noticed that Emma Dumont is actually a comic Polaris fan, not just an actress that played a fan of her character like most actors I have seen. Emma was a fan enough to call out the poor writing towards her character in season two which was quite something.

Last edited by jmc247; 07-28-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Nrama: This version of X-Factor has an interesting roster including some classic X-Factor characters. Which member of the cast has surprised you the most so far?

Baldeón: Probably, it's been Daken and Lorna. It's not like I didn’t know them, and I went on a little reference trip before starting to work on them… But they clicked in a very special way for me (Lorna real fast, in the design stage, Daken a little later). There's a very specific vulnerability to both of them that I like very much… And it feels to me that the (very subtle) way that Krakoa has affected them is very interesting.

Although to be clear, it's not that I'm hinting at anything here, it's just me relating to the characters and connecting with them.

Nrama: What's your favorite thing you've drawn for X-Factor so far?

Baldeón: Hm. Quite a few, actually. But I think I'm going to go with a scene in #1 in which Lorna lifts a car. I think that's as far as I can go without spoiling anything!

https://www.gamesradar.com/new-x-fac...orld-of-x-men/