Page 77 of 118 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1765

Future Fight announced a costume for Enchantress, leading to another case of tons of people thinking she's Lorna alongside the usual of people saying how they want her in the game.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...08265034670081
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Future Fight announced a costume for Enchantress, leading to another case of tons of people thinking she's Lorna alongside the usual of people saying how they want her in the game.

https://twitter.com/Marvel_FFightUS/...08265034670081

Enchantress is blonde, Lorna has green hair. They literally use the same head model complete with the same headpiece that Enchantress currently has and even though they didnt say it was her in the tease, they did say it was a new look. Lorna wasnt in the game so she wasnt getting a new uniform. I really hated seeing people tell others off that this was Polaris when it clearly wasnt

XF was a good read imo but not a good showing for Lorna. One of the times a female lead would have been welcomed and not felt forced *kitty* they bestow it on NS who the whole issue showed why he should not be leading anything smh...

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really enjoyed Williams' Polaris!

spoilers:
    I was shocked to see her history with Krakoa brought up, and how Lorna feels a connection to it because of it. Her creating the Boneyard was great!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Enchantress is blonde, Lorna has green hair. They literally use the same head model complete with the same headpiece that Enchantress currently has and even though they didnt say it was her in the tease, they did say it was a new look. Lorna wasnt in the game so she wasnt getting a new uniform. I really hated seeing people tell others off that this was Polaris when it clearly wasnt
    I think some people either really want to believe Lorna is everywhere, or think that insisting everything is her will convince everyone else even when it's clearly not the case. I remember a Tumblr post someone made full of cases where fans self-created Lorna in video games using in-game character creators (e.g. Soul Calibur), but they said it was official work by Marvel. When I pointed out that no, they're not official, Marvel's done hardly anything in that vein for Lorna, the person blew up at me and accused me of lying and trying to make Lorna look bad.

I think there's a heavy dose of desire in those attempts to believe Marvel's perfect and has been better for Lorna than has been the case.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

spoilers:
    I was shocked to see her history with Krakoa brought up, and how Lorna feels a connection to it because of it. Her creating the Boneyard was great!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    You didn't even mention how fashionable Lorna looked in that book! Her noir detective style was fantastic! I loved how Lorna came off in this book, it was wonderful! I feel like Magneto didn't want Lorna to move out, "you are still going to visit for tea right Lorna"?
    end of spoilers
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I think some people either really want to believe Lorna is everywhere, or think that insisting everything is her will convince everyone else even when it's clearly not the case. I remember a Tumblr post someone made full of cases where fans self-created Lorna in video games using in-game character creators (e.g. Soul Calibur), but they said it was official work by Marvel. When I pointed out that no, they're not official, Marvel's done hardly anything in that vein for Lorna, the person blew up at me and accused me of lying and trying to make Lorna look bad.

I think there's a heavy dose of desire in those attempts to believe Marvel's perfect and has been better for Lorna than has been the case.
    Yeah, fans so wanted this to be Lorna.

Personally, I could tell this was Enchantress, and glad she made it into the game.

But it isn't right of Marvel to give Enchantress a Lorna-esque type of costume top and I think this is what confused or enabled fans to think it was Lorna. Amora never wore that in the comics afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    spoilers:
    You didn't even mention how fashionable Lorna looked in that book! Her noir detective style was fantastic! I loved how Lorna came off in this book, it was wonderful! I feel like Magneto didn't want Lorna to move out, "you are still going to visit for tea right Lorna"?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I did really enjoy her talk with Magneto. The tea bit was cute, and it's always nice to see more of their relationship. And you're right, Lorna's style was pretty great.
    end of spoilers

Agreed! She felt so fresh. I'm a happy camper!

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It makes total sense that she would have a deep connection with the mineral content of the island. Ahhh!! Sleeps in a mineralized egg and wakes up to her masterpiece.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by JB; 07-29-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed! She felt so fresh. I'm a happy camper!

spoilers:
    It makes total sense that she would have a deep connection with the mineral content of the island. Ahhh!! Sleeps in a mineralized egg and wakes up to her masterpiece.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I love that they showed Lorna has one of the strongest connections with Krakoa, she feels in sync with the island, and she talks to Krakoa, and Krakoa responds to her! I think this might be a hint at how she is the swordswoman of Krakoa because of her link with the island
    end of spoilers
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Lorna has a very meta moment in today's issue as well. She also briefly interacts with the Quiet Council as well!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It certainly hearkens back to her degree as a geologist...and yes, her first interaction with Krakoa....that's a nice touch.
    Leah is on point.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It certainly hearkens back to her degree as a geologist...and yes, her first interaction with Krakoa....that's a nice touch.
    Leah is on point.
    Most people easily forget about Lorna’s geologist background too