Page 85 of 118 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1765

I'd just like to point out, at this time, that X-Factor #1 does not specify an idea of Lorna wherein she may take a leadership or similar position at a future date once she knows herself. It only presents the idea that she should not be a leader or have a similarly meaningful status anywhere because she (and by she, we really mean Marvel) does not know herself well enough.

In any case, I saw a Tumblr post with a firm reminder of the Magnus family's potential and how readily it has been squandered by Marvel. The post had more panels of this interaction but I could not fit all of them into a single screenshot.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'd just like to point out, at this time, that X-Factor #1 does not specify an idea of Lorna wherein she may take a leadership or similar position at a future date once she knows herself. It only presents the idea that she should not be a leader or have a similarly meaningful status anywhere because she (and by she, we really mean Marvel) does not know herself well enough.

In any case, I saw a Tumblr post with a firm reminder of the Magnus family's potential and how readily it has been squandered by Marvel. The post had more panels of this interaction but I could not fit all of them into a single screenshot.

Recently I’ve taken an EXTREME liking to Lorna Dane. Not because ‘oh she’s soo powerfull’ like say Franklin Richards(kinda...since his power is draining and stuff) or Vulcan(kinda since he’s...weird now), and not because she’s just so interesting either but because I feel like she’s me. At heart a good person, who has mental/psychotic breakdowns sometimes, a bit of a loner, and unsure about her place in the world(despite the fact that we know Marvel’s doing that cause they themselves don’t know her).

Maybe it’s just me, but Pietro and Wanda(even though they aren’t his kids anymore...they will retcon retcon retcon that...if they don’t then I quit life)they’re his kids and whatnot...but they’re mostly always on opposite sides and they’re just so much resentment and just general things to be mad about and argue over...baggage 10x.

But with Lorna I feel like it’s a clean-slate...kinda...a little bit. I mean think about it...despite everything I feel that Lorna has been open-minded(kinda)when it comes to Magneto being her father...despite the fact that they don’t interact THAT much...they usually never fight and try to bring up things from the past and accuse each other of stuff. I feel like Lorna and Magneto should build a great relationship in X-Factor...

As for Lorna’s personal story arc/character arc...well for one Magneto being her father and explore that...that would be nice, for 2...maybe some interaction with Wanda and Pietro...3, becoming the person she’s always meant to be(black-sheep...that’s how I see her)4th and final...she Marvel needs to like permanently end her relationship woth Alex...I think they’re over now...but they need to really be over. Why you might ask? Well I feel like there is no romance between them nowadays...and I think that either Lorna should be single as a pringle OR she and...guess who?

BENNET DU PARIS AKA EXPODUS should be together. Because I feel like Exodus has been in nothing and they need to give him a storyline/something to do. It would be pretty funny with the whole Exodus being obsessed with Magneto. Cause, honestly, while they have no chemistry(yet)they can make chemistry...and it would be an interesting and unconventional character and it would make them both a little more interesting.

I beg you MARVEL please!

No, but, imagine how cool it would be for Marvel to make Magneto, Polaris, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Luna, Wiccan, and Speed to all be in a room together and just like...talk. You know what, they should make a mini-series wher they all interact because as you said the drama...and the Magnus family potential...that would be awesome! Oh but no...Marvel just has to waist all of their potential...my God..sometimes I hate Marvel...

And also can you like bring Magda and Any back to life...I’m finna write a thing on that in a second...that would be cool.

Ultimate Member

Even if they aren't related (this week), I feel like Lorna has almost as much history with Pietro as Wanda does, at this point, thanks to their time on X-Factor together.

Seeing Lorna interact with some of her old X-Factor pals (not Havok...), like Rahne, Strong Guy or Madrox could be interesting, a reminder that there have been some mutant cliques other than 05, All-New, New Mutants, etc. where members of different generations ended up together for extended times.

Or even some of her newer X-Factor pals, like Gambit or Doug.

I feel like Lorna and Gambit had a sort of vibe, in that last X-Factor run, working for Serval Industries, which was never romantic, but reminded me of the 'co-leader / adults in the room' vibe I got from Emma and Sean, in their time headmastering for Generation X.

Quote Originally Posted by allthingzamasing View Post
    BENNET DU PARIS AKA EXODUS should be together. Because I feel like Exodus has been in nothing and they need to give him a storyline/something to do. It would be pretty funny with the whole Exodus being obsessed with Magneto. Cause, honestly, while they have no chemistry(yet)they can make chemistry... and it would be an interesting and unconventional character and it would make them both a little more interesting.
    Ooh, I have zero interest in a Lorna / Bennet relationship, but I wouldn't mind seeing how his twisted adoration for Magneto could reflect in his attitudes towards her. Is he jealous of their relationship? Does he feel that she 'doesn't do enough for the cause' and is unworthy of his name? Does he want to get with her to sublimate his naughty fixation on her unattainable father? Yikes. Does he want to groom her as 'the next Magneto' to be even more the inspiring mutant messiah that Magneto himself never quite lived up to being in his mind?

And, most importantly, what does Lorna think of him, in return? "Oh god, another of dad's creepy obsessed stalkers. Worse than Toad."
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-08-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Toad called dibs on Wanda. It’s only fair Exodus gets a chance to woo Lorna.

I think Lorna not being acknowledged as Magneto's daughter for decades has both bad and good elements to it. The bad side, obviously that there wasn't a chance to make its importance clear across decades, or a chance to develop it over that time with plenty of stories, including spending time with Wanda, Pietro, and the rest of her family. Its absence for such a length of time is why certain people at Marvel have been extremely opposed to Lorna as part of the family, to the point of removing and excluding her from family content in comics before the Axis retcon. The good side, I think Marvel could and probably would have made a lot of mistakes over that time, just like they did in how they treated her around Havok. So in that sense, Lorna's fortunate because the Marvel of today could handle their dynamic with the right sense of it if they choose.

I know at least some Wanda and Pietro fans have been upset about depictions of the twins in relation to Magneto. Perhaps writers could learn from that usage toward how they write Lorna.

Regarding Havok, my main problems with that relationship are how Lorna's typically been misused and depicted poorly for his benefit, and how Marvel's flat out refused to acknowledge her worth or make up for those decades of poor treatment as a result. I'm not opposed to them eventually becoming a couple again. I'm opposed to Lorna forced back with him before she gets the sort of long overdue usage and respect she deserves. Lorna needs enough of it for her to be acknowledged as her own meaningful character deserving of respect for herself in the relationship. Wanting a nostalgia fix isn't sufficient reason to stick her somewhere that hurts her and has repeatedly resulted in Marvel ripping away meaningful character aspects and development.

I don't think Lorna should be in a relationship with Exodus. As I've said before, Marvel very clearly has a much higher opinion of Exodus right now than of Lorna, and that would translate into basically another round of Havok just more subtle. I can easily imagine Marvel using Lorna in the same sense as princesses married off to other kingdoms for bargaining, in this case setting up the idea of Exodus taking over as Magneto's heir instead of Lorna rising as the Queen of Mutants she was called in her introductory issues (and Austen later revived in Magneto's absence).

I'm more in favor of Sutekh's idea. Worth mentioning here that on the Magneto solo, Lorna seemed to be somewhat put off or disgusted by the way people fawned over her father. She did visit that club of Magneto stans who had been maimed by him and apparently loved him in spite of (or perhaps because of) it.

Overall, I'm against any relationship that has a high chance of Lorna getting treated poorly. Not just in the relationship itself, but in the worth Marvel claims she has. A "good" relationship is still bad if it's used by Marvel to keep her from doing things she objectively should be doing, and having dynamics and relationships that have been wrongly denied to her for decades. I'm not keen on Lorna dating someone and watching Marvel use that to say she isn't important enough to have a meaningful peer relationship with Jean, Iceman and other characters, or to do anything of value such as major events involving Genosha.

I do very much think Marvel at present is at a stage of trying to justify internal opinions that she's not worth much beyond how she can be used to promote other characters, while navigating around the surge of interest in her earned from Gifted.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-09-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Extraordinary Member

Blob is also available. And he’s suppose to be in X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Koop.

Pops accindgak post.

Freak yeah! I want them together so badly...I’m very tempted to write a fan fiction on them...I actually wrote a one-shot on Lorna, though...how does everyone feel about the Polaris/Exodus relationship?

Pedprsonally, I like it a lot. So farm they don’t have chemistry because they haven’t interacted thus far. But I think they would match well. Expdus(he’s been kinda inconsisentent...but he could be worse)is cool and powerful...he has his moments of being super powerful and stuff, but IMHO, I don’t think he’s so much to overshadow Lorna and I don’t think Marvel would try to use Lorna to prop him up(I feel this argument would be better for say Havok...or Scott of the rumors are true)...but Exodus...he’s been largely untouched in Dawn of X so far..and he’s not the most popular character...sure he’s powerful but not popular...I think it could works.

Exodus(IMHO)is a guy who’s very determined, he’s good at heart and just wants justice for mutants, but he’s not a goodie-goodie and will do what it takes, he’s capable of aknowledging when he’s wrong and has changed as was showed in the past...also maybe it’s just me but he seems to have this wisdom about him...I generally like him. But...I know that this may not, perhpas, translate to a relationship, after all Bennet was born in the 12th Century...and back in those times women were not treated well...so maybe he still holds some of those same views, perhaps...but if I had to say I don’t think that he does...he’s been through a lot and I think if he ever had those views they would have faded away by now. He’s a respectful person...mostly...

Lorna with her duality and all, I think would work well with Exodus. Like just imagine if there is a cover of say X-Factor #25(just as a hypothetical)with her and Exodus standing side by side as they both look all powerful and cool. Lorna, we all know, is very powerful...even if you don’t think she’s more powerful than Magneto or you think she’s stronger than Magneto, there’s no debate over the fact that she is very powerful in her own right. Lorna is a good person, but we’ve seen in the past that she can pull the trigger(physically and metaphorically)if necessary. Besides, her connection with Krakoa and all is really cool, I hope that Leah Williams will do something with that. It would be good do give her something Magneto does not have.

This is my humble opinion of course, I really do respect everyone’s opinion.

But how does everyone else feek about the Polaris/Exodus relationship?

Blob is also available. And he’s suppose to be in X-Factor
    Yes, Blob, is in X-Factor I won’t spoil anything.

I don’t know how I feel about Blob and Polaris..currently it’s 0(I’m Neutral)in terms of their relationship. To be quite honest I think that (almost) anyone is better than Havok...their relationship is so toxic...

Personally I would rather Leah and other writers finally take the time to forge healthy friendships between Lorna and other characters (I was especially happy when Leah revealed that Lorna and Rachel are going to be close) rather than creating a new one romance where Lorna will be in the shadow of her partner again

As much as I push for Lorna with Jean (as evidenced by my commissions to that effect) or Emma, I do think Lorna just plain not being in any romantic relationship right now is also a fair approach. Don't want a repeat of past mistakes, and those mistakes are more likely when Marvel doesn't understand her well enough to not slip into them. We saw that happening at first in her dynamics with Gambit on All-New X-Factor #4-6 until #7 started treating her better.

I do, however, think Lorna should have meaningful regular dynamics with characters like Jean and Emma due to their shared history. Doesn't matter if romance is involved in that, they should still have important and relevant interactions based on their pasts.

Will share here too since lately i'm obsessed with sketching lorna. About 9 x-men in this, was my morning warm up to get the brain flowing.

xchaos2.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This is actually a decent article from CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Super cute!

Wanted to clean this up since i'll prob be taking a break from Lorna for a bit to draw some other characters. Or until vita gets in my head again. lol

xchaosclean.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/