Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1765

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    It's a blue/green color to me, leaning more towards blue. But it could depend on monitor settings or individual person's eye perception.
    So true, lol! Just as long as someone doesn't see it as RED, lol.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 08-31-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So true, lol! Just as long as someone doesn't see it as RED and starts an internet war, lol.

From Perry Bible Fellowship
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Are you sure? I was under the impression that it happened bc Disney had purhcased Marvel and they canned other cartoons (like Spectactular Spider-Man, which did very well) in favor of producing their own
    you're right it was trouble financing - I must've mixed that up with another show that got canceled.

Awesome Polaris by Mike McKone

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

The hard past, and abrasive personality bits are great. However, Lorna and Wanda hardly have much of a relationship, and have rarely teamed up. They have before, but not as frequent as the summary implies.

That's why I take it as aspirational. In this universe, the sisters actually get to spend time together regularly.

I have a better understanding of how the game works now. The x10 and all that is shards you can acquire toward unlocking Lorna instead of simply getting lucky in the gacha, and you need 400 shards to unlock her. You can get 15 shards from her introduction event, and 200 shards from the S.H.I.E.L.D. event, both assuming you can get max points. Maybe some yet-to-be unlocked S.H.I.E.L.D. missions will give you more, but it looks like you really can't get her through shards right now. That method will have to come from multiple future events that offer shards for her. There's also the power season but you have to be a good rank up to even play the portions that you could unlock her, so I'm assuming I'm not getting her this time.

A positive is I've checked the MPQ reddit and there seems to be a general view that she's incredibly powerful with some thinking she seriously should've been a 5-star (which I agree with on grounds that they made Havok a 5-star). A lot of people are expecting her to be nerfed.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Anyone else think Polaris might die in X of swords? I feel like her appearance on the “sacrifice” tarot card and the x-factor #4 variant of her emerging from an egg with a sword makes me think she may die but be resurrected and have a cool moment. Just a thought...

I also hope she joins another book. I’m glad others are enjoying X-Factor but I was hoping for a bit more for Lorna. I like that she’s not the leader. Too often writers give a characters leadership position or some power moments and pass it off as development. I hope the plan is for her to be busy elsewhere doing more for herself the way x-factor hinted at

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    Anyone else think Polaris might die in X of swords? I feel like her appearance on the “sacrifice” tarot card and the x-factor #4 variant of her emerging from an egg with a sword makes me think she may die but be resurrected and have a cool moment. Just a thought...

I also hope she joins another book. I’m glad others are enjoying X-Factor but I was hoping for a bit more for Lorna. I like that she’s not the leader. Too often writers give a characters leadership position or some power moments and pass it off as development. I hope the plan is for her to be busy elsewhere doing more for herself the way x-factor hinted at
    I've been preparing for the possibility of her dying in X of Swords, or other outcomes, as well as what Marvel might try to do with those outcomes. But really I haven't said much because I don't think there's enough for me to speak on.

My view is that if all Marvel's going to do with Lorna is put her on a book like X-Factor, especially with it titled X-Factor, and she's not doing more important things elsewhere, then she at least needs to be the team leader. Merely being a member of X-Factor's team with nothing else going on is in essence a steep demotion from her leading All-New X-Factor. "I don't wanna be a leader" or "I need to know myself more first" are just excuses shoved in her mouth to justify it.

In the business world, how likely and common is it that someone would take a middle management job at one company, then suddenly decide they'd rather be the secretary of a much smaller company and that's all they wanna do with their life?

Likewise, if Marvel were to give her an honorary title at some point like "Team Overseer" (which, frankly speaking, I had expected them to do to smooth over Lorna not being team leader - says a lot to me that they didn't even do that much), it would ultimately just be a piece of tin to mask her not really getting to do anything of substance.

If she's not going to lead the team, then X-Factor should just be a side gig. It should not be her main activity, and definitely not the be-all end-all of her presence like it is now. I feel strongly enough about this that I would be completely fine with Lorna dropped from X-Factor entirely if she's not going to get to do anything else. The book can carry on just fine with its focus on Northstar and everyone else without her.

And to make this clearer: I'm not saying Lorna "has" to lead a team. I'm saying if this is all she gets, she should be leading it. Not getting demoted to a team member who does nothing else. Pretty much everyone knows Lorna should've been in X-Men: Empyre. Marvel has no trouble with including Rachel in Marauders for Kitty's funeral, or heavily emphasizing her for X of Swords. Why does Lorna not get any of that?

Why does Marvel seem more interested in making excuses for why Lorna can't be in this place or can't do this thing, than in actually considering who she is, what she's been through, how she's been treated, and doing right by her for once?

(P.S. - That's mostly rhetorical, because I know why. It's the same reason why a certain editor at Marvel tried to make excuses for why Lorna couldn't be Magneto's daughter, or tried to say Lorna couldn't be in Avengers vs X-Men because "events are for A-listers and B-listers." Their default mode isn't self-reflection and improvement, it's maintaining whatever status quo they have in their heads and making excuses to justify it.)
    Last edited by salarta; 09-02-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I've been preparing for the possibility of her dying in X of Swords, or other outcomes, as well as what Marvel might try to do with those outcomes. But really I haven't said much because I don't think there's enough for me to speak on.

My view is that if all Marvel's going to do with Lorna is put her on a book like X-Factor, especially with it titled X-Factor, and she's not doing more important things elsewhere, then she at least needs to be the team leader. Merely being a member of X-Factor's team with nothing else going on is in essence a steep demotion from her leading All-New X-Factor. "I don't wanna be a leader" or "I need to know myself more first" are just excuses shoved in her mouth to justify it.

In the business world, how likely and common is it that someone would take a middle management job at one company, then suddenly decide they'd rather be the secretary of a much smaller company and that's all they wanna do with their life?

Likewise, if Marvel were to give her an honorary title at some point like "Team Overseer" (which, frankly speaking, I had expected them to do to smooth over Lorna not being team leader - says a lot to me that they didn't even do that much), it would ultimately just be a piece of tin to mask her not really getting to do anything of substance.

If she's not going to lead the team, then X-Factor should just be a side gig. It should not be her main activity, and definitely not the be-all end-all of her presence like it is now. I feel strongly enough about this that I would be completely fine with Lorna dropped from X-Factor entirely if she's not going to get to do anything else. The book can carry on just fine with its focus on Northstar and everyone else without her.

And to make this clearer: I'm not saying Lorna "has" to lead a team. I'm saying if this is all she gets, she should be leading it. Not getting demoted to a team member who does nothing else. Pretty much everyone knows Lorna should've been in X-Men: Empyre. Marvel has no trouble with including Rachel in Marauders for Kitty's funeral, or heavily emphasizing her for X of Swords. Why does Lorna not get any of that?

Why does Marvel seem more interested in making excuses for why Lorna can't be in this place or can't do this thing, than in actually considering who she is, what she's been through, how she's been treated, and doing right by her for once?

(P.S. - That's mostly rhetorical, because I know why. It's the same reason why a certain editor at Marvel tried to make excuses for why Lorna couldn't be Magneto's daughter, or tried to say Lorna couldn't be in Avengers vs X-Men because "events are for A-listers and B-listers." Their default mode isn't self-reflection and improvement, it's maintaining whatever status quo they have in their heads and making excuses to justify it.)
    Even though she’s not the leader, she kinda seems like the “glue” of the team. She’s the one who organized the first mission and created the headquarters. You’re totally right about editorial being weird about where/ how characters get to show up. Even for characters like Storm who get pretty regular appearances (albeit in the background), writers will say that they couldn’t develop her because she was being used in Black Panther. Sometimes showing up in one place can be the best for a characters development.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Even though she’s not the leader, she kinda seems like the “glue” of the team. She’s the one who organized the first mission and created the headquarters. You’re totally right about editorial being weird about where/ how characters get to show up. Even for characters like Storm who get pretty regular appearances (albeit in the background), writers will say that they couldn’t develop her because she was being used in Black Panther. Sometimes showing up in one place can be the best for a characters development.
    I know editorial can be absurd about internal office dynamics and power plays from different cases with Lorna. Like how Lorna, Rachel and Havok were in space limbo for a year following the War of Kings stuff because (as I heard it) the cosmic and X-Men offices thought the other office had control over them. I'm also pretty sure a large (but not total) reason for why Lorna was excluded from family stuff when the twins were Magneto's kids, and why there were attempts to "replace" Lorna for them, came from a view that the Avengers books lost power by Wanda and Pietro not being Magneto's kids (particularly Wanda not being his only daughter). But the failings of editorial shouldn't lead to characters being treated poorly, and getting excluded from things they should objectively do or be in.

And I'm not saying you believe editorial's fine for its behavior, I know that's not what you're saying at all. I just felt that I needed to emphasize as a broader point that those problems should be things Marvel fixes in themselves, not find ways to work around their failings.

Showing up in one place for character development loses all semblance of value when that one place is stuck in a tiny corner where no one can see her and she's doing hardly anything. As I said, she may as well not even be on the books at all. And all of this assumes the "character development" in question is actually good - i.e. taking her history into account and building upon it meaningfully, rather than ignoring essential aspects of her past development to take her in an entirely different direction.

We need more issues of X-Factor before we can say what's going to happen on it concerning character development. But Marvel has a track record of stripping away key aspects of Lorna, sometimes handing them off to "more deserving" characters, then regressing Lorna to what they consider "the way she should be" and "building" on that regressive image of her. I'm keeping a watchful eye for that. Especially in regards to Genosha. Marvel's already been acting like the genocide never happened to Lorna on multiple occasions while letting other characters like Jean and Storm use it to build their profiles.

Likewise, I think Lorna being the "glue of the team" has no value. In particular, it implies she has no value outside of being a background supporting character for other characters that Marvel considers more "deserving" of good things than she ever will be in their eyes.

Let's thought exercise this. Northstar does an exemplary job as a leader for X-Factor, and maybe he'll then rise up the ranks as a leader figure. Rachel does a great job as a heavy hitter team member, maybe she'll be prized as such and get recruited to another, bigger team.

But Lorna does a great job of organizing information or creating a building, keeping the team on task with the leader's vision, and she gets... what? Where is that going to take her? The only sort of "role" I see for her extending from that is akin to when Wonder Woman was added to the Justice Society of America as their secretary. Or at absolute, maximum best, in a role akin to Oracle, which required a thoroughly established and highly regarded Batgirl history for her to be respected as more than "generic minor supporting character for the heroes." And even in that example, it's worth noting how DC (and Gail Simone) eventually decided her identity as Batgirl was so much more important than her status as Oracle that they were willing to take the heat of taking her off their list of notable characters with disabilities to get her there.

It's basically 90s X-Factor 2.0 for Lorna only this time Northstar's leading it, and Lorna's even worse off.

Bear in mind that before Lorna, my fave character was Rosa from FF4 (she's still my second fave), who could also be argued as the "glue of the team" in that game. Rosa helps Cecil resist his darkness, helps Rydia get over her fear of fire, allows herself to be abducted so the party isn't killed, travels at least a whole goddamn desert by herself just to warn Cecil about Baron, etc. So I recognize and appreciate the value of such a role. But Rosa was created for that role, she did it splendidly (for people who paid attention), and she was originally promoted as one of the three most important characters in the game. That's not what Lorna was created to be, it doesn't really fit for her after the Genoshan genocide, and it's not like Marvel's putting out an advertising blitz for everyone to see Lorna as one of the most important characters in the X-Men franchise.

I want to add that I don't blame Leah Williams for Marvel's failings. These problems go beyond Leah. It's not her fault that Marvel has zero respect for Lorna and refuses to acknowledge her worth to the franchise or use her where she needs to be like with X-Men: Empyre. Leah wants Northstar leading her team book, sure thing, I'm not going to say she shouldn't write it or that Northstar doesn't deserve it. But then Lorna shouldn't be on the team. Leave Lorna for a future Marvel that actually has some respect for her and is willing to make the most of her, instead of her limited role on X-Factor (which, by necessity, can never overshadow Northstar at any point or else it undermines him as leader and raises questions of why Lorna doesn't "screw off" to a book of her own).

Ultimately, I only see X-Factor hurting Lorna, not helping. Rare moments like communing with Krakoa's nutrients don't balance out Lorna being demoted from leader to supporting character of a fringe satellite book with nothing else going on, and I don't think the level of attention Leah would need to place on Lorna to make up for Marvel not doing what it should be doing for Lorna outside of X-Factor would do well for the book as Leah wants to write it.
    Last edited by salarta; 09-02-2020 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added second paragraph since I thought paragraph before it read as insulting without clarification

I think a lot of your distrust in Marvel Salarta shouldn’t be aimed at Marvel. I highly doubt the company is actively sidelining Lorna. I think she got sidelined lot because of the writers not being fans of her and nostalgia. Not saying they dislike her but because she wasn’t in the forefront of a lot of x-men books, they probably didn’t develop an attachment to her. We can tell someone as Lorna fans what her personality is but even Leah admitted in interviews and in on page in X-Factir #1 not knowing her. A lot of writers have nostalgia based views of her as “Havok’s gf” but you if you’re a fan, you can see past that. I recently read all of X-Factor vol 1 that’s available digitally and so far it’s my favorite version of Polaris. She was assertive without being a flawless, she gave her relationship with Havok a chance before deciding to end it which felt more authentic than just putting them back together and displayed her somewhat snarky/abrasive yet there for her team attitude. I have a fear that she’s too powerful to be on this new X-Factor team and will only be around to do stuff with her powers.

Anyone know who did this cover? Found it on Pinterest but the artist isn’t listed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Angel Solorzano
    Twitter- @THE_saintart

BANNED

the costume is so yass grenade, It girl material