Page 97 of 118 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1765
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Had this outfit been drawn and colored this way back when, I think it would have went over better. I didn't like when they made teh legging light green -- she looked like a green version of the Scarlet Witch. Really, though, I don't know why they streamlined her original look instead of just coming up with something fresh. Regardless, that cover is eye-catching.

I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Had this outfit been drawn and colored this way back when, I think it would have went over better. I didn't like when they made teh legging light green -- she looked like a green version of the Scarlet Witch. Really, though, I don't know why they streamlined her original look instead of just coming up with something fresh. Regardless, that cover is eye-catching.
    DID it not go over well though?

(Polaris by Phil Jimenez)
    https://www.comicartfans.com/gallery...?piece=1540386

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I miss their interactions so much

Apparently Lorna was in X of Sword Creation

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Apparently Lorna was in X of Sword Creation
    And she had a good role

Without getting into spoilers, Larraz's art for the issue was every bit as good as for House of X #5 (which came out almost exactly one year ago). Hickman's writing was strong as well. House of X meets King Arthur with some high art attached. It was a solid start to the series.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-23-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Polaris! She is featured in XoS Creation. Good day for Lorna fans although Salarta will be disappointed. Lorna is portrayed as powerful and it was so good seeing her as part of the main X-men in battle and not just background material
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-23-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Was pleasantly surprised to see Polaris today!

It was wonderful to see Hickman write Lorna again. She was beautifully rendered, was badass, and played a nice part. Particularly enjoyed the way Hickman writes the Father/Daughter dynamic. Lorna giving her Dad a hard time because he's extra and she loves him, is really great.

I was finally able to read this issue, and I'm really happy

At first, I really thought we wouldn't see Lorna right away, that she wouldn't appear until the fourth issue of X-Factor. Then I read that she was in Creation, and I expected a cameo. But no, she had a very good role for an issue with so many protagonists ! She was able to use her powers brilliantly, she had some interesting lines of dialogue, and she was truly part of the plot. Not to mention the fact that Larraz draws her really well, she was absolutely gorgeous

BANNED

Lorna was so cool in this man, who would have thought SHED PULL AN OMNIVERSAL CITATEL WITH HER POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Lorna was so cool in this man, who would have thought SHED PULL AN OMNIVERSAL CITATEL WITH HER POWER
    An implicit reference to the 1975 Giant-Size, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Rachel as a hound, I'm laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Polaris! She is featured in XoS Creation. Good day for Lorna fans although Salarta will be disappointed. Lorna is portrayed as powerful and it was so good seeing her as part of the main X-men in battle and not just background material
    I mean, before looking at anything my initial thought was "How would you know," but then I see Havok around her yet again, and yeah. I'm disappointed in that aspect. Because Marvel just can't resist trying to alternately force and sneak him into interacting with her, often while ignoring far more important things for her for decades at a time. So you're right on that mark.

Acknowledging both the House of M and Lorna being part of it is good. Also good that Lorna showing up by his request implies a willingness on her part to "answer the call" so to speak for serious matters. Feats are feats, generally good (or at least better than nothing) but different variables can affect their worth.

I assume there's more to this than what I've seen. What I've seen is basically a mix of pros and cons. The question is the weight of each - taking into account what has been, what could be but isn't, what is likely to be, differences in perspective, etc. Something could look good or bad on the surface and function as opposite beneath that surface. There is also X-Factor #4 and other issues to come which can alter perception of what we have presently seen. For example, perhaps Havok will be dead soon and remain dead for a decade. That could make their interaction here more palatable as it would be a final moment before a decade of guaranteed distance. We only know what is available to us at this time.

One thing I will add is that I did not expect her to appear in anything other than X-Factor #4.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)