Page 98 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1765
    BANNED

and she mirror's the. og pestilence in the telling of the swords! another cute detail to her history

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/lukaswerneck/

Polaris by Lukas Werneck.

Love the shades and 90s hair.

BOSS MOVE!

She took command of an entire citadel!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

https://www.instagram.com/lukaswerneck/

Polaris by Lukas Werneck.

Love the shades and 90s hair.
    loveloveloveLOVE!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure how any type of interactions between Havok and Lorna is automatically a negative especially when their convo pretty much amounts to

Havok: So whatcha doing here?

Polaris: Mags asked me. You?

Havok: Scott asked me.

Polaris: Cool.

BANNED

yeah it was pretty much casual playfull banter

X of Swords: creation was excellent! I gasped when I turned the page and Polaris appeared! Larraz draws a stunning Lorna! I was afraid of Havok being around when the solicits came out but they did a great job imo of establishing that Polaris and Havok still aren’t together. I feel like they would have had them appear together united instead of explicitly giving them separate reasons for being there. It was awesome to see Queen Lorna flex her powers too!

B898741E-EF79-4AFE-841B-8CA782B512A9.jpg F528B65B-130A-4AD3-AE5B-236643098B0F.jpg
    Last edited by UncannyLZ; 09-23-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post
    X of Swords: creation was excellent! I gasped when I turned the page and Polaris appeared! Larraz draws a stunning Lorna! I was afraid of Havok being around when the solicits came out but they did a great job imo of establishing that Polaris and Havok still aren’t together. I feel like they would have had them appear together united instead of explicitly giving them separate reasons for being there. It was awesome to see Queen Lorna flex her powers too!

B898741E-EF79-4AFE-841B-8CA782B512A9.jpg F528B65B-130A-4AD3-AE5B-236643098B0F.jpg
    I love it. And it shows Hickman isn't ignorant of the history between Lorna and Alex.

While they're still history between them and there still a connection there them asking each other the reasons for joining the mission let's readers know that they're still not on casual talking terms.

I don't know, they didn't sound particularly professional to me, more like old friends. I don't think Lorna would do a Magneto impression if she didn't trust Alex.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and she mirror's the. og pestilence in the telling of the swords! another cute detail to her history
    That was a nice touch! I wonder if there was a specific reason they recited the swords, or if it was just paralleling their roles as Horsemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    BOSS MOVE!

She took command of an entire citadel!
    It was nice seeing Polaris cut loose a bit. Seeing her, Havok, and Monet, as the heavy hitters was awesome. I enjoyed the metal sphere she created as well. The thought of her tossing that at demons makes me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UncannyLZ View Post

Pepe's Lorna is really stunning. The page that introduced her, in particular, was amazing. The banter between Lorna and Alex was fine. Nothing romantic, or trying to put any kind of focus on their past. Just two close teammates. They were both representing their house. Magneto's and Summers'.

So here's a brief response to the posts about Havok.

There's decades worth of Lorna treated poorly around Havok, mostly to benefit him. Every time she's put back in relationship with him, Lorna has something else about her stripped away. The last time in space put an end to any respect for her experience with Genosha, including surviving the Genoshan genocide, as we saw vividly when she was excluded from Empyre. In the past 3 years, Marvel has repeatedly tried to force Havok on Lorna. X-Men Blue used her largely to promote Havok, including this atrocious cover. There have been repeated times where Marvel tried to push reminders of their relationship, such as this Prisoner X scene which simultaneously shows nothing of the Genoshan genocide. There are many other things Lorna has done, and other relationships she's had (Jean, Iceman, etc), which Marvel ignores while always focusing on this. The general trend suggests an intent to at some point force her back into a relationship with him. And because Marvel has not kept them apart long enough (not just as a couple, but in general), and is loathe to give Lorna the decades worth of long overdue use she needs to break free of past mistreatment, we will then see a repeat of every other time this has happened. Something about her gets stripped away. Her character gets written around whatever benefits him.

That's the summary. But this is just phase 1, part 2 of their plans. Watch for what comes next.
    Last edited by salarta; 09-23-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Lorna was easily the most powerful mutant that joined Apocalypse's squad. I liked that. It just hit me that she was a horseman of his and he is why she has her powers back. Too bad there was no interaction that acknowledged this

I did love her interacting with Monet though! It was an X-Factor reunion with Siryn and Alex as well. I didnt read PAD's series to know how she got along with those two women though

Where is jmc? I look forward to hearing his thoughts on her showing here

Spectacular Member

One thing I noticed after watching X of Swords - her headpiece is in the shape of an "M". For House of M!

Also I loved the scene where everyone is being asked why they are 'volunteering' for the mission and she says with a mock high and mighty pose "the strength of the House of M must never be questioned."

Logically, the preview of the fourth issue of X-Factor should be released soon
    I can't wait, especially after yesterday's one-shot

BANNED

also I ADORE the green eye makeup, she looks so fancy