Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Happy 2020 to my third favorite version of Supergirl (Powergirl and Supergirl of Earth 2 being my other favorites). Too bad, it seems Linda is gone for good. She was a compelling character with multiple narrative layers that were never fully explored.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Linda Danvers/Supergirl is my favorite super heroine.

The series by Peter David is one of the best I've ever read. New and interesting concepts with the earth angel concept and different spiritual characters and story.

Told in an intriguing way where things are rolled out slowing so your always wondering what will happen next and things progressing and building on itself

Geat art by Frank. Awesome supporting casts with Linda's dad who is a cop. Her mom. Buzz. Ect.

With all that said I really like Linda Danvers the character herself. Mae was always two dimensional to me and the earth angel was also just ok.

But Linda was a very flawed character who had a great sarcastic sense of humor and personality. A very interesting character.

With that, as much as I enjoyed the first 50 issues of the series my favorite is the last 30 issues when it's just Linda and shes is depowered with the animated series suit. Because that was all Linda without the earth angel persona mixed in. Although Linda was changed and redeemed from being merged with the earth angel at that point. Which is a great story arc for her.

If she comes back I hope she comes back as that. With her full Linda personality. Although I wouldn't mind her sporting her natural brunette hair and maybe even going by Flamebird, which I think is a great name for her, with some earth angel powers.

Linda Danvers is another one of the great products of DC's 90's era where they tried new things and came out with great new characters and stories.

Unfortunately with today's DC management they seem to want to stick to just the "classics" so I dont see Linda coming back anytime soon.

Would be a dream come true if somehow she did though.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The famous first cover where it all started.

Supergirl_Vol_4_1.jpg

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    The famous first cover where it all started.

Supergirl_Vol_4_1.jpg
    A true classic indeed. Now an iconic image of the Supergirl Mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    ....With that, as much as I enjoyed the first 50 issues of the series my favorite is the last 30 issues when it's just Linda and shes is depowered with the animated series suit. Because that was all Linda without the earth angel persona mixed in. Although Linda was changed and redeemed from being merged with the earth angel at that point. Which is a great story arc for her.

If she comes back I hope she comes back as that. With her full Linda personality. Although I wouldn't mind her sporting her natural brunette hair and maybe even going by Flamebird, which I think is a great name for her, with some earth angel powers.

Linda Danvers is another one of the great products of DC's 90's era where they tried new things and came out with great new characters and stories....
    I couldn't agree with you more. Linda was/is the superior character of the two. She deserves better than to be forgotten in totality. Who knows, maybe someday she'll return in some form?

It could be possible. I like the idea of Linda being a human girl possesed by an kryptonian spirit.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 01-07-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Some excellent character moments

Extraordinary Member

By far the best character in the superverse. I would love to see her return as Superwoman.

More than her powers and personality, Linda had a fantastic supporting cast which really elevated her book. Cutter Sharp, Mattie, her parents were great characters in their own right.

*sigh* still am a bit melancholic thinking about the end of her series. Matrix? Gone. Hers & SA Supes Daughter (oh that juicy potential if she could had taken her with her)? Taken & hidden in a far future multiverse by the Spectre. Life? gone and without future. Even though it sounds open end it wasn't. It just made you wish it was.

...loved the run.

Extraordinary Member

Just came across this video which ended with an interesting idea. What if instead of having a new superhero name, they just brought her back as 'Linda Danvers, ex-Supergirl/superhero' the way Marvel has handled Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

Basically I'm up for any idea that brings Linda back into the fold with her history mostly intact.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Just came across this video which ended with an interesting idea. What if instead of having a new superhero name, they just brought her back as 'Linda Danvers, ex-Supergirl/superhero' the way Marvel has handled Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

Basically I'm up for any idea that brings Linda back into the fold with her history mostly intact.

That's an interesting idea. It would be cool if she showed up from time to time as the Superfamily's supernatural expert. She wouldn't need a superhero identity for that, ala Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That's an interesting idea. It would be cool if she showed up from time to time as the Superfamily's supernatural expert. She wouldn't need a superhero identity for that, ala Constantine.

I would like that

Extraordinary Member

Anyone know of any good fancfics for Linda?

I did this a few years back. Basically making the kind of Supergirl TV show I would have liked to see. Been meaning to continue, but chapter 7 was lost in a hard drive crash and rewriting something I already wrote is more difficult than writing the first time for some reason. I hope to finally get it updated soon. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1158938...-show-Season-1.

Around the same time someone was making a '20 years in the future' universe where the current heroes have all retired and their children take up the mantels. This was my contribution to that. https://classiccomics.org/thread/283...rica-chapter-9

I also really liked this. Someone made a fic where Linda didn't just go away after Many Happy Returns but stuck around. It's also seemingly dead, but I really liked how it set up so many subplots, including Luthor as President wanting to undermine Linda because he thinks she's fake. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1147327...-of-the-Divine

Are there any other good ones out there? Another idea I had was an AU of the Young Justice show where Linda as Supergirl is on the team along with Stephanie Brown as Robin because I like to add my favorite characters to things.