Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Naomi Appreciation 2020

Here it is, the 2020's appreciation thread for the Paragon of Oregon !

Last edited by Korath; 01-08-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Naomi was present in today Young Justice.

She didn't do much, but it seems her identity won't remain secret for long, I suspect.

I'm pretty sure they're not even going to try to give her a secret identity. I mean, I very much doubt nobody noticed STAR Labs rolling up, or the team of super teens couch crashing in Naomi's living room.

Man, I miss Naomi!! It's great seeing her pop into Young Justice or Action Comics but gods damn it I want season 2 right now! She's easily the best new DC character of the 2010's, probably the best since Batwoman in the 00's.

But I still don't know what's up with those crazy shoulder pads.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Yeah, she doesn't even have a codename, she clearly isn't bothering with a secret identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Here it is, the 2020's appreciation thread for the Paragon of Oregon !

[IMG]https://i.******.com/originals/ac/ab/13/acab13c0bde6cfbe7b74ec587b1d9ff6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.******.com/originals/4b/09/b7/4b09b703742aeb5f3d51b49804e00eee.jpg[/IMG]

Apparently Pin img is banned from this site, and the swear filter broke your links. Find another source and edit your post please.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

I like Naomi. I hope that she gets another mini series when her guest appearances are completed.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Naomi 2 is already confirmed, we just don't have solicits for it yet. It was actually announced in the final issue of her last series.

Yeah, Noami 2 is almost a certainty, we are just waiting for Jamal Campbell to have time to draw it. Right now, he is killing it on Far Sector, and I'm really happy that Naomi pop elsewhere, in the meantime. It keeps the iron hot.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I am really enjoying learning about Naomi, she's a very interesting character.

I do hope they don't 'suddenly' make her an expert at her new-found powers. I would love to see her learning how to handle them, and how to be a hero.

Enjoyed seeing her in Young Justice with Dial H and the Wonder Twins.

I got the trade! my first physical DC trade and my second physical trade ever (first was Killmonger)

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Can't wait for Season 2
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

All-New Member

While we wait for news on season 2(and the next issue of far sector), to keep us busy does anyone want to kick off some new fan theories, or revisit some old ones, like why those three who were clearly on her birth parents side at first decided to betray them?

My theory is that those three lost faith in her parents, because they probably all lost loved ones, had to undergo artificial enhancement to fight Zumbado, only to see their "gods" trying to ship their newborn baby somewhere safe instead of letting her remain on this Earth to fight and make it a better place.

I could easily see soldiers fighting the hordes of psychopaths led by Zumbado changing sides with such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by bigman321 View Post
    While we wait for news on season 2(and the next issue of far sector), to keep us busy does anyone want to kick off some new fan theories, or revisit some old ones, like why those three who were clearly on her birth parents side at first decided to betray them?
    Wait, what? I completely missed that. Man, and I just got the trade the other day (because floppies weren't enough, and I never double dip like that) and read it last night! And I not only missed it in my multiple readings but never caught anyone talk about it here! Damn Ascended, way to drop the ball!

Anyway, I'm still rolling with my theory that Naomi is using her universe's equivalent of the white lantern power. I think she's essentially what would be a D&D sorcerer (uses magic through innate ability) while the Lanterns on the main earth would be wizards (requires training, tools, and study to access magic). But I'm just saying this so I have a theory, until we get answers.

Any word on when season 2 hits? I know it's supposed to be this year, but.....with Far Sector I'm guessing it won't be til 2021.

Really enjoyed her appearances in Action and Young Justice though. I kinda want to see her stick around with YJ, she'd be a fun addition and it'll keep her in everyone's mind until the next mini.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.