Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Yay I guess...

This is why I had no problem throwing Jamal to the wayside, it's not like Bendis has a problem finding good artists, and this book has been halted b/c fans wanted Jamal to be the only artist for the character, and while Jamal's art is beautiful it is not worth the full pause it's had on Naomi's solo development and book, nothing will ever be worth that type of stagnation and pause of build up.
    to be fair, had Young Justice been a better series, I feel the pause would've felt as tedious nor as detrimental as it has to Naomi's development. I mean Vixen has survived so long in the public consciousness no ongoing title ever (which is fucking mindbogglingly disheartening) off the strength of quality appearances in team books and guest spots.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    to be fair, had Young Justice been a better series, I feel the pause would've felt as tedious nor as detrimental as it has to Naomi's development. I mean Vixen has survived so long in the public consciousness no ongoing title ever (which is fucking mindbogglingly disheartening) off the strength of quality appearances in team books and guest spots.
    Young Justice could have been a better a series sure, but I was never under the impression it was suppose to be more than just a way to reintroduce Tim, Kon, Cassie, Bart, and their dynamic until 5G got here and of course make use of the IP name since the cartoon was back. And so b/c of that while I would have wanted Naomi's appearance to mean more, I knew it was just an attempt to keep her in the consciousness of comics readers b/c unlike Vixen, Naomi just got here, and unlike Vixen she's not considered one of the first black female superheroes created or created by DC, which automatically makes Vixen memorable and lbr here, the biggest advantage Vixen has that Naomi doesn't and which ultimately makes their situation different, is that Vixen was involved in a cartoon series that is a part of lot of people's childhood and therefore she will always be in people's consciousness.

Naomi's absence or rather her lack of impact is painful.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yay I guess...

This is why I had no problem throwing Jamal to the wayside, it's not like Bendis has a problem finding good artists, and this book has been halted b/c fans wanted Jamal to be the only artist for the character, and while Jamal's art is beautiful it is not worth the full pause it's had on Naomi's solo development and book, nothing will ever be worth that type of stagnation and pause of build up.
    I respectfully disagree. The audience looking for Naomi in monthly comics is much smaller than the readers that are discovering the character in TPB, which takes time. Jamal is her co-creator and shouldn't be shoved aside because he wanted to do Far Sector first.

The Action Comics appearances were a nice update Epilogue to season one, but I would rather wait until the full creative team is back before starting season two

NAOMI 9.jpgcool art of Naomi.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The audience looking for Naomi in monthly comics is much smaller than the readers that are discovering the character in TPB, which takes time. Jamal is her co-creator and shouldn't be shoved aside because he wanted to do Far Sector first.

The Action Comics appearances were a nice update Epilogue to season one, but I would rather wait until the full creative team is back before starting season two
    I don't really care about how many readers her tpb has versus her singular issues, it's not about how many people are reading her for me, it's her lack of development and lack of impact to the DC universe that should already have happened with the character by now but couldn't b/c we're waiting on one of her co-creators. A co-creator who wasn't gonna be a part of her second volume but only is b/c Bendis and Walker decided to wait for him b/c the art had such a big response from fans which goes back to my point that no character should be put into a position like this, let it be allowed for independent comics but not for comics under DC (or Marvel), they are a business, and they own these characters, tbh they should have told Bendis and Walker not to wait.

Ha, now I'm sounding mean and a bit rude, but that quote in my signature is not there for decoration, so anyone who stands in the way of that ...well.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    NAOMI 9.jpgcool art of Naomi.
    Love this, glad people are still making Naomi art.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-22-2020 at 02:19 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I miss Naomi, so much so that I'm considering reading the rest YJ which I thought was frustrating to say the least.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Have you read her appearance in Action Comics?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Have you read her appearance in Action Comics?
    I have not, do you know which issues she appeared?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Ha, now I'm sounding mean and a bit rude, but that quote in my signature is not there for decoration, so anyone who stands in the way of that ...well.
    I respect your passion, but ensuring that Naomi has a strong creative foundation with the people who put her on the map is going to mean the character will have a much greater chance of sticking around for decades to come, like Miles Morales will. Bendis & co. aren't interested in only short term gains, they want this character to last.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I respect your passion, but ensuring that Naomi has a strong creative foundation with the people who put her on the map is going to mean the character will have a much greater chance of sticking around for decades to come, like Miles Morales will. Bendis & co. aren't interested in only short term gains, they want this character to last.
    You are absolutely right: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...55968384397312

Bendis was not kidding when he said Naomi was going to make some noise next year!

Naomi is getting a CW show.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Well guess who just got her own TV show, yes on the CW

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-naomi-the-cw/

Edit: Nevermind, got beat to punch. Either way, I'm interested to see how this goes as I did like the comic.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to Naomi.

Can you imagine if that Tracy 13 proposal had gotten greenlit?

CW would have had Wondergirl, Traci 13, Naomi and Stargirl on the network at the same time:

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well guess who just got her own TV show, yes on the CW

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-naomi-the-cw/

Edit: Nevermind, got beat to punch. Either way, I'm interested to see how this goes as I did like the comic.
    There's no way that Naomi comic is not getting a continuation now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    There's no way that Naomi comic is not getting a continuation now.
    Is it weird that I still think of Naomi as a new character, yet she’s the most senior and known quantity out of the other heroines with new shows: Yara Flor and Ryan Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Is it weird that I still think of Naomi as a new character, yet she’s the most senior and known quantity out of the other heroines with new shows: Yara Flor and Ryan Wilder.
    I don't think it's weird. Her first issue came out last year and she is still obscure like Yara and Ryan, I think.