Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistInRed View Post
    There's no way that Naomi comic is not getting a continuation now.
    Didn’t the green arrow get canceled despite his 8 year run

CW shows don’t guaranteed anything

Congrats to Bendis and Walker and Campbell!
    There's no way that Naomi comic is not getting a continuation now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

I feel pretty confident that she’ll get a Season 2. Only hold up is Campbell taking forever on Far Sector. Her trade numbers were solid and this is exactly the type of cross media appeal that DC seems to be leaning into going forward.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it's weird. Her first issue came out last year and she is still obscure like Yara and Ryan, I think.
    And Painkiller is another blank slate character too.

Generally true, but with the shakeups at DC/WB/AT&T a few months ago, I think synergy is going to be a bigger factor for DC than it historically has been. I mean, synergy is proven to not be worth much; it almost never helps a monthly sell better. But it does help trade sales (a short burst but better than nothing), and the company is really looking to get into markets beyond the LCS now. I wouldn't say the show announcement is solid proof that DC is going to push and invest heavily in Naomi, but it's a good sign, and a better one than it would've been a year ago.

I'm pretty damn happy about this announcement. I don't watch the CW shows but I think I'll definitely have to check this out. And Naomi seems well suited to the network's target demos and sensibilities.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well guess who just got her own TV show, yes on the CW

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...-naomi-the-cw/

Edit: Nevermind, got beat to punch. Either way, I'm interested to see how this goes as I did like the comic.
    Ava Duvernay on Naomi!? HELL YES!!!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

No. The show ended because Stephen Amell's contract was up and he didn't want to renew - he only agreed to do nine more Arrow episodes plus the four other Crisis episodes.

Supergirl wasn't cancelled either and is ending for the same reason. I'm not sure about Black Lightning though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

All-New Member

Don’t get me wrong I’m loving everything about her getting a show, part of me just wishes for a couple of things.
    1: That it was a cartoon because I’ve always just preferred DC’s animations over their live action stuff.
    2: That they gave her to HBO Max, cause I feel like she would get a larger production budget with them.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I'll be watching. I think Naomi is an intriguing character, and would love to see more of her.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

CW? Pass... Wait, Ava Duvernay?

Ava DuVernay is the director behind that godawful A wrinkle in time movie from a couple of years ago, right? Amazing! I expected nothing from CW and I still managed to be disappointed by this announcement.

I'm both happy and not very excited at the same time. I'd rather DC had taken cue from Into the Spider-Verse and used Naomi and other new characters to really break the mold of the direct to video animated movies, which are franklya little too similar all the time. And A wrinkle in time did make me wary of Ava Du Vernay indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powertool View Post
    Ava DuVernay is the director behind that godawful A wrinkle in time movie from a couple of years ago, right?
    She's done a lot more than one bad movie.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The CW? Yikes. NAOMI could reach a much larger larger audience than that. Hard pass.

She needs a straight up gonzo blockbuster.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-05-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'm both happy and not very excited at the same time. I'd rather DC had taken cue from Into the Spider-Verse and used Naomi and other new characters to really break the mold of the direct to video animated movies, which are franklya little too similar all the time. And A wrinkle in time did make me wary of Ava Du Vernay indeed.
    I agree with this. It's been a while since DC had an animated tv show. The constant one they have is super hero girls I believe. To bad Justice League Action seems to have died. It would of been a great show to showcase her.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is great news. Looking forward to it