Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigman321 View Post
    Glad to see work on season 2 is being done finally. Looks like the flash rogues are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Glad to see work on season 2 is being done finally. Looks like the flash rogues are involved.
    That's actually art from season 1.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Naomi and Sideways team up is actually the perfect one I never knew I needed until today.

Okay, so does anyone have any theories on the people who seem to have betrayed Naomi's parents? I didn't catch that at all until someone mentioned it here. Does anyone have an idea of what that's all about?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Okay, so does anyone have any theories on the people who seem to have betrayed Naomi's parents? I didn't catch that at all until someone mentioned it here. Does anyone have an idea of what that's all about?
    My pet theory is a simple loss of faith.

If you look at those guys, it's clear that they all underwent some form of artificial enhancement and were close to Naomi's parents and Akira. I suspect that they all lost family members and loved ones, but endured because they had faith in their newly found "gods". But when said divinities decided that their own child wouldn't stay and face the risk of death like theirs had, they probably grew desillusioned with them and turned on them.

I think they're basically Black Lanterns.

Yup! Sticking with my theory that Naomi is channeling her universe's version of the Life entity, and Zumbado (spelling?) is channeling the Death entity. I think he killed Naomi's parents' friends and now they're his thralls.

But a simple loss of faith is much more likely.

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I hope they give Naomi a big push. She's a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It sucks that it basically takes years just to get a second mini, i really wish american comics were run like japanese manga (i.e fast and effecient) ...just without the work abuse.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I'm not crazy bothered that season 2 isn't happening this year. I know Bendis said it'd be ready for 2020 but this year has been a dumpster fire so Naomi being delayed isn't surprising or a big deal. I can be understanding and patient considering all the crap that's happened.

At this point, given all the chaos at DC, I'm just happy that Naomi hasn't been completely forgotten about and abandoned. Right now, the entire line is practically just characters tied to the Big 7 and Squad, almost everyone else has been cast aside so the company can focus on their biggest IP's. Naomi season 2 being delayed is far from the worst thing that could be happening.

Assuming Bendis' tweet is about season 2 and not just a cameo somewhere, anyway.

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It sucks that it basically takes years just to get a second mini, i really wish american comics were run like japanese manga (i.e fast and effecient) ...just without the work abuse.
    Remember the artist in question is high in demand.

This is one of few books where he does interiors.

Who knows how many other covers and books he had set up before Naomi volume 1.

Astonishing Member

Good to see that they're not done with Naomi. Hopefully this indicates we're on our way to that Season 2.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think it's just a matter of waiting for Far Sector to finish so Jamal can start banking some issues of Naomi Season 2 before any solicitations are done.

Yay I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think it's just a matter of waiting for Far Sector to finish so Jamal can start banking some issues of Naomi Season 2 before any solicitations are done.
    This is why I had no problem throwing Jamal to the wayside, it's not like Bendis has a problem finding good artists, and this book has been halted b/c fans wanted Jamal to be the only artist for the character, and while Jamal's art is beautiful it is not worth the full pause it's had on Naomi's solo development and book, nothing will ever be worth that type of stagnation and pause of build up.